EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Season 2 Character Creation
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-05-2007 09:57:23 AM
Table One

The first step in joining the game is to roll 1d8 on this table to determine your race.

1. Human
    a. Adaptive - If landing on a square they’ve hit before, roll 1d6. On a 5 or 6, the Human remembers the previous visit and gains double the bonus for beneficial rooms, halves the penalties for trapped rooms, or gains a +2 to his attack roll if facing a monster he’s fought before.
    b. Humans gain a +1 to their Attack Rolls when using Swords.

2. Orc
    a. Tough Bastard - After landing on a trapped room, an Orc may choose to lose a level instead of suffering the trap. Also, any time an Orc would lose more than one level (via combat, etc), they instead lose half the total, rounded up.
    b. Orcs gain a +1 to their Attack Rolls when using Two-Handed Weapons.

3. Dwarf
    a. Strong Back - Ignore carrying capacity limits and may sell gear to merchants for twice the value. They love goooooold.
    b. Dwarves gain a +1 to their Attack Rolls when using Axes.

4. Halfling
    a. Evasive - Roll 1d6 after landing on a TRAP! On a 5 or 6, the Halfling completely avoids the trap.
    b. Halflings gain a +1 to their Attack Rolls when using Daggers.

5. Gnome
    a. Ingenuity - Gnomes may roll a 1d6 after using a Single Use Item. On a 5, they retain the item. On a 6, they retain the item AND double the effect.
    b. Gnomes gain a +1 to their Attack Rolls when using Wands.

6. Elf
    a. Better Than You - After defeating a monster, roll 1d6. On a 6, the Elf gains +1 treasure as they are better than you.
    b. Elves gain a +1 to their Attack Rolls when using Ranged Weapons (except Wands).

7. Troll
    a. Regeneration - After losing a level due to combat, roll 1d6. On 5 or 6, regenerate 1 lost level. Trolls may do this for each level lost, in the event they lose more than one level. Levels lost to traps or sacrifices do not regenerate.
    b. Trolls gain a +1 to their Attack Rolls when using Hammers.

8. Dark Elf
    a. Cliché - Dual wield regardless of class. If also a dual wielding class, offhand may wield a weapon normally restricted to mainhand.
    b. Dark Elves gain a +1 to their Attack Roll when dual wielding two weapons.

Bajah fucked around with this message on 03-05-2007 at 10:05 AM.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-05-2007 10:04:27 AM
Table Two

After determining race, a player needs to know what their class is. This will be 1d10 on the following table.

1. Ranger - May Dual Wield. A Ranger may exchange their next roll to enter any room adjacent to their last roll (take previous roll +1 or -1 by choice). This ability may only be used once per actual roll. If a Ranger is in a room or 1 room away from a room where he suffered Trap effects, he can guide anyone else who lands in the same room past the trap without harm. If he does so, the Ranger gains 1 Level. Others may deny the Ranger this level and choose to suffer the trap.

2. Berserker - May add +2 to Attack Rolls when using two-handed weapons. If a Berserker fights a monster and loses, he may choose to enter a rage instead of losing a level. If the Barbarian enters a rage, he MUST stay and fight the monster again instead of moving on the next day. While in a Rage, the berserker gains a +1 per level to their Attack Roll. If he still fails, he will lose the original level plus an extra level. The rage ends when the monster is defeated.

3. Assassin - Will always roll 1d6 in addition to their Attack Roll. On 1 through 3, combat proceeds normally. On a 4 through 6, the assassin has ambushed his target and gains a +2 to his Attack Roll. If the Assassin does not enter combat, this roll has no effect. In addition, if the Assassin rolled a 6 on his assassination roll, he gains an additional level if he wins the combat due to a successful assassination.

4. Thief - After winning a combat, the Thief may roll 1d6. On a 6, the Thief rolls for 1 additional treasure from the monster defeated. The thief also has the unique ability to steal levels from other players. If the thief lands in the same room as another player, he may roll a 1d6. On a 6, his victim loses 1 level and the thief gains 1 level. This ability cannot be used on level 1 players. May dual wield, but the total bonus cannot exceed +4.

5. Cleric - Gains a +2 to Attack Roll when fighting undead. May also heal poisons and diseases from other players (but not movement penalties) up to 2 rooms away. The Cleric gains 1 level for each poison or disease removed this way (excluding his/her own). A Cleric may also access benefits at Churches (but not Shrines) for half the donation costs.

6. Wizard - Gain a +2 to Attack Roll when using Wands. They may also, at their choice, treat their wand as a Single Use Item after combat and increase this to a +5 (instead of +2) the bonus to the wand. To use this, they would roll 1d6. On a roll of 1, the Wand works, but explodes into pieces after the combat. On a roll of 2 through 5, the Wand doesn't break, but must sit out at least one combat to recharge. On a roll of 6, the Wand survives with no ill effects. In addition, if a 6 is rolled, the Wizard gains an additional level if they win the combat.

7. Bard - Any time a new weapon, item, or armor is gained as treasure, the Bard may roll 1d6. On a 4 or 5, the Bard knows something extra about the weapon or item, enabling him to gain an additional +1 bonus from it. On a 6, the Bard discovers special legendary magics within the item and increases the gain by +2. A Bard that shares a space with other players may lend his voice to their combat, lending them a +1 to their attack rolls while in the same square (this affects his own combat as well). If the other player defeats the monster, the Bard gains 1 level. The Bard cannot use this ability if no other players are in the same room.

8. Warrior - May dual wield, but gains a +2 to his Attack Roll when wielding a shield in the offhand. The warrior also gains +1 additional level anytime he defeats a monster in a room that no one else has landed on during that day.

9. Paladin - May bestow a blessing to anyone in the same room or up to 3 rooms away (+3 or -3 his current roll) with a +1d6 to their Attack Roll. If this bonus helps the target defeat their monster (if they’re fighting one), the Paladin gains 1 level. If the player would have won the combat without the Paladin’s blessing, the Paladin does NOT gain the level. In an instance where a Paladin is about to lose a fight due to a tie or by 1 point, he may activate a shield ability and escape without suffering the effects of a combat loss. His next attack roll in combat will be at a -2 due to exhaustion.

10. Death Knight - May roll a 1d6 in addition to their Attack Rolls. If faced with combat, this will have the following effect. On a 1, nothing happens. On a 2 through 6, the Death Knight gains a +1 to her Attack Roll while her opponent suffers a -1 to theirs. On a 6, the Death Knight also drains a level from the monster (she gains a level, monsters stats aren’t changed). If the Death Knight uses this ability and still loses combat, the Death Knight suffers an automatic -5 to their next Attack Roll due to exhaustion.

Bajah fucked around with this message on 03-16-2007 at 02:13 PM.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-05-2007 10:06:59 AM
If you're joining the game for Season 2, please generate your characters in this thread.

As winner of Season One, Vorago will start with a +1 weapon type of his choice and an extra 50 gold coins.

Bajah fucked around with this message on 03-05-2007 at 10:08 AM.

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 03-05-2007 10:27:48 AM
Does the Death Knight get to see what his combat rolls are (or what he's fighting) before he uses his class ability?

1d8 => 4
1d10 => 9

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Rari
Pancake
posted 03-05-2007 10:28:13 AM
Rari!

1d8 => 2
1d10 => 5

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 03-05-2007 10:28:19 AM
I'm a freak.

Halfling Paladin.

Rari is more of a freak.

Inferno-Spirit fucked around with this message on 03-05-2007 at 10:28 AM.

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-05-2007 10:45:11 AM
quote:
Out of a possible 10, Inferno-Spirit scored a straight 1 with:
Does the Death Knight get to see what his combat rolls are (or what he's fighting) before he uses his class ability?

This should be in the questions thread, but I'll answer it here. No, it has to be rolled in advance with the attack roll, just like the assassin.
Rari
Pancake
posted 03-05-2007 11:53:18 AM
quote:
Inferno-Spirit was naked while typing this:
I'm a freak.

Halfling Paladin.

Rari is more of a freak.

Heh, I'm actually happy about being a Orc Cleric. But a Halfling Paladin? HAHAHAHAH!

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 03-05-2007 12:16:15 PM
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 03-05-2007 12:17:44 PM
Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 03-05-2007 01:10:52 PM
1d8 => 3
1d10 => 6
Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 03-05-2007 01:12:54 PM
dwarf...wizard? oh god...
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 03-05-2007 01:16:19 PM
Wootage! New game goodness!

1d8 => 1
1d10 => 10

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 03-05-2007 01:17:43 PM
This is going to be extremely interesting!

Sentow, I Guess
Pancake
posted 03-05-2007 01:30:35 PM
Os we go!

1d8 => 5
1d10 => 1

KIERKEGAARD

Sigpic shamelessly stolen from Kate Beaton.

Sentow, I Guess
Pancake
posted 03-05-2007 01:40:14 PM
EDIT: Oop, sorry, wrong thread

Sentow, I Guess fucked around with this message on 03-05-2007 at 01:41 PM.

KIERKEGAARD

Sigpic shamelessly stolen from Kate Beaton.

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 03-05-2007 07:10:51 PM
1d8 => 7
1d10 => 10
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 03-05-2007 09:41:05 PM
1d8 => 2
1d10 => 2
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 03-05-2007 11:53:37 PM
1d8 => 7
1d10 => 1
Aury
My hair is a deadly weapon
posted 03-05-2007 11:54:17 PM
I'm a trolly ranger? Alrightie.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 03-06-2007 02:22:41 AM
Race: 1d8 => 3

Class: 1d10 => 10

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 03-06-2007 05:42:55 AM
1d8 => 1
1d10 => 9
I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-06-2007 11:44:49 AM
code:

Inferno-Spirit Halfling Paladin
Rari Orc Cleric
Vorago Elf Wizard
Norim Dwarf Wizard
Jajhotep Human Death Knight
Sentow Gnome Ranger
Batty Troll Death Knight
Densetsu Orc Berserker
Aury Troll Ranger
Tarquinn Dwarf Death Knight
Palador Human Paladin

Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 03-06-2007 01:17:20 PM
so when does this shindig start? I got plans for me gold...
Rari
Pancake
posted 03-06-2007 01:30:44 PM
Well, at least there aren't like.. 6 elves this time. Heh.
Aaron (the good one)
posted 03-07-2007 11:40:10 PM
1d8 => 6
1d10 => 7
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 03-08-2007 02:09:42 AM
1d8 => 5
1d10 => 3

Lets see if I can't get a bagillion traps again. That's always tons of fun.

Zaile Ghostmaker
You've gotta remember, I'm an EverQuest character.
posted 03-19-2007 05:43:10 PM
Well, if you want to test, an additional player can't hurt, right? Even with a late start.

Race:1d8 => 1
Class:1d10 => 3

I'll wait for your OK before starting a second character in.

I find that most problems can be solved by excessive violence.

It is held in thought
only by the understanding
of the Wind.

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-20-2007 09:53:34 AM
If people want to enter second characters with alt accounts, I don't have a problem with it. I just don't want to see alt and main accounts working together, etc. Run them separately
Thibbledorf Pwent
Pancake
posted 03-21-2007 02:23:41 PM
Norim's Alt:

1d8 => 1
1d10 => 3

Thibbledorf Pwent
Pancake
posted 03-21-2007 02:24:19 PM
is it weird that the two alts rolled the same race/class combo?
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 03-21-2007 04:45:11 PM
quote:
Out of a possible 10, Thibbledorf Pwent scored a straight 1 with:
is it weird that the two alts rolled the same race/class combo?

it certainly doesn't match your sigpic.

Thibbledorf Pwent
Pancake
posted 03-21-2007 05:39:47 PM
neither does norim's...
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: