EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Interested members.
Sooja Maeve
Scrumptious Morsel
posted 11-26-2001 12:59:56 PM
So far I’ve personally encountered two people who want to join Dae'Faroth, I've asked them to come to the forums to post, try and interact and present the want to be in the guild to everyone.

One was a guy who I just said Thank you to in passing without using “thx 4 healz” and he asked if we were a RP guild and I told him to come by the Forums and introduce himself. He did, and not a single person besides myself responded to the thread.

The other is a RL friend of mine who’d really like to join so he has other people to play with if I’m not on who really likes to Role-play. (He DM’s our D&D campaigns)

But it seems there is little to no interaction or interest on anyone else’s part about them.

Do we not want more people in the guild?

If we do, can we talk about a better way about following up on inviting them into the guild or and getting more input from everyone, rather than just letting these people left to wonder?

I know we don't want structure so much as there is an application process, but at this point there just isn't much going on at all...

SphinxChild
Pancake
posted 11-26-2001 01:28:28 PM
I did reply to that thread. Or at least I remember doing so.

I'm not opposed to new members, not entirely, but I don't want to actively recruit, or invite people we only hunt with once or twice. The Dae' are a FAMILY, and I'd like it to stay that way. And I've seen first hand a guild collapse under the weight of extensive impersonal recruiting.

"Once, poets were mages. Poets were stronger than warriors or kings--- stronger than the old hapless gods. And they will be strong again..."

Sooja Maeve
Scrumptious Morsel
posted 11-26-2001 02:15:48 PM
I'm hardly suggesting recruiting...

I just find it hard to be in a guild that when someone really is genuinely interested in joining they get little to no interaction with people here after they're told to come post on the boards. It just makes us look like snobs.

Yes, Rhianon you did respond to Sliggo in the thread he posted in...

I don't like giving people the cold shoulder. I guess what I am asking for is board interaction, which we seem to have very little of.

Are people just not interested in posting anymore?

Rolzt
It's still a robe...
posted 11-26-2001 02:27:31 PM
You'll have to excuse me, I tend to be a bit shy and aloof around strangers. If I'd known that you knew these people, I'd probably have been more open to them To be honest, I thought they were just people that had wandered in from the Evercrest board and werent' really interested in the guild.
I'm still Standing, I'm still standing
Where you left me
Are you still growing wild
With everything tame around you?

I send you flowers
Cut flowers for your hall
I know your garden's full
But is there sweetness at all?

-Bono Wild Honey

Sooja Maeve
Scrumptious Morsel
posted 11-26-2001 02:36:59 PM
The first one didn't post on the EC boards, they posted on EZboards.

Moot point really..Anyway...

Should we make a thread about them here in the Private forum then?

Leria Nodh
Pancake
posted 11-26-2001 08:33:17 PM
I say keep it like we always have.

The rare new invite, and only if said person brings up joining, and only if we know em real well.

If we need a discussion on said person, we can make a thread here on the forum, but we really dont need any formalities

Though we (yes, myself included) should try better to greet new people.

Leria

Rolzt
It's still a robe...
posted 11-26-2001 10:29:38 PM
Leria, under the old EQ Dae', I'd have agreed with you.

But I think its' important now that we get some fresh faces in here to keep us from growing stale and apathetic again. If we're going to keep the guild alive, it's obvious that we need to start embracing some new blood. Now that doesn't mean that we have to become a big guild mind you, just that we need to be a bit larger than we are now. We need diversity, some new voices, new stories...

I'm still Standing, I'm still standing
Where you left me
Are you still growing wild
With everything tame around you?

I send you flowers
Cut flowers for your hall
I know your garden's full
But is there sweetness at all?

-Bono Wild Honey

Ewan & Findle
Pancake
posted 11-27-2001 10:15:57 AM
I'm certainly open to bringing in new blood, as long as they fit in with our personalities, of course. Personally, I haven't interacted in the forum recently because I've just been too busy with work, school, and holiday visitors. By the time I get home, I'm too tired to come up with witty interaction with new people. But I'll try to do better, I promise!

Somehow, I think I missed that first poster on the old Ezboard forums. Also, while I haven't seen Sliggo in-game, Cardinal Rule is already in the guild and I think he'll do nicely with us from the interaction I had with him.

And that's the best way to follow up on these things, I think. If they post on the board letting us know they're interested, we should try to find them in-game and talk to them, have them hunt with us a bit or whatever. Follow-up posts on the board are good, but to really get a feel for the person, nothing beats live interaction.

Sooja Maeve
Scrumptious Morsel
posted 11-27-2001 11:55:55 AM
quote:
Ewan & Findle had this to say about (_|_):
Cardinal Rule is already in the guild and I think he'll do nicely with us from the interaction I had with him.

Well that's "Spider" (aka Hootabix).. alts are kind of a shoe in, right?

Anyway, I would just like to see a little more aknowledgement from everyone when someone shows intrest in the guild.

If someone wants to join, it means we're doing something right. I just don't want us turning them away for no other reason that we aren't giving them any feedback.

You dont know how hearts burn
for love that cannot live yet never dies
until you reached each dawn with sleepless nights
you don't know what love is
Ewan & Findle
Pancake
posted 11-27-2001 01:03:59 PM
Well spank my (_|_) and call me Shirly! No wonder the Cardinal fit in so well... And here I thought I knew everyone's alts.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: