EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: New!!
Sooja Maeve
Scrumptious Morsel
posted 11-18-2001 11:29:09 PM
The fiery red haired woman walks into the new Tavern, carrying a huge potted plant and a rug draped over her shoulder

Ahhh... This is much better. I can't tell you how old it got having that town crier run into the Tavern every 30 seconds and scream some horrible advertisement at us, just so we could use their rooms.

This is much nicer!

Sooja grunts, putting down the plant near the window, and lays out the old dusty rug in front of the door, the Dae'Faroth insignia still faintly visible.

She walks over to the freshly upholstered couch and flops onto it, stretching out her arms over the wide span of the couch and smiles, looking about the room.

Oh yes, this will do nicely indeed.

Leria Nodh
Pancake
posted 11-19-2001 12:12:04 AM
Leria walks to the old Tavern, sword in hand, trailed by "Kitty" the lynx cub...She saw the sign:

MOVED

Under the sign was a basket, with maps in it. Leria took one, and found her way to the tavern...

As the Celt neared the new tavern, she looked at it, and smiled...

Wow, Sooja sure found us a nice new place...

She then walks up to the door and opens it...she sees Sooja on the couch, and she yells...

HEY SOOJA!!! Mind if I bring Kitty in with me, or should I leave him outside?

Leria

Sooja Maeve
Scrumptious Morsel
posted 11-19-2001 12:23:38 AM
Bring him in! Just make sure he wipes his feeties!

Sooja giggles and ponders needing to stock cat food?

Leria Nodh
Pancake
posted 11-19-2001 01:20:03 AM
Leria smiled as Sooja told her to bring Kitty in. She looked to Kitty, and he nearly read her mind, bounding into the tavern, and running up to the couch. He then looked at Sooja and purred.

Leria grinned I think he likes the place...and so do I...Nice choice, Sooja...

With that, Leria laid her sword against the wall, her shield by her sword, and walked over by Kitty and ran her hand through his fur...

Sooja Maeve
Scrumptious Morsel
posted 11-19-2001 01:33:36 PM
Sooja smiled as Leria brought in the huge cat. She tucked her legs up under herself, crossing them as she sat back on the couch

That... is a big cat...

Sliggo
Pancake
posted 11-21-2001 09:51:06 AM
Sliggo steps gingerly into the doorway, and searches the faces inside for the one he knows.

Sooja? Remember me? You helped me out when I was just beginning my training. I've come to see if you will accept another Champion in this band of Adventurers.

I've been hunting in the hills with Crimson lately, and he convinced me that I can do more good as part of a good group than ever I could alone.

Sliggo sidles around the lynx lounging in the center of the floor, and takes a seat a respectful distance from the others. He waits patiently.

Sliggo is something you see rarely: an Elven Champion. His hair is bluegreen, and he never covers his head. At this time, his armor is blue and orange. He is six seasons old.

Sooja Maeve
Scrumptious Morsel
posted 11-21-2001 11:16:38 AM
Sooja smiled as she saw Sliggo enter and sit down.

Of course I remember you! How good it is to see you again. I hear that Cardinal has been taking good care of you, suited you up with quite the big....she looks to his sidebranch!

With a grin, Sooja motioned to Sliggo, Please make yourself at home. Perhaps soon some of the other members here will make an appearance and you can meet them!

SphinxChild
Pancake
posted 11-21-2001 11:22:56 AM
The door swung open, revealing a red-clad elven girl, her flaming hair wrapped in a slipshod, hurried bun, various whisps escaping to frame her fine-boned face. She looked up from a large, elegantly bound book she had had her nose buried in, and glanced around.

"Oh, it's lovely, Sooja. And hello, whoever you are."

Rhia skittered over to the nearest large armchair, her tiny frame almost lost inside it, a wicked grin expanding on her face as she returned to her perusal of the book.

"Once, poets were mages. Poets were stronger than warriors or kings--- stronger than the old hapless gods. And they will be strong again..."

Cardinal Rule
Pancake
posted 11-21-2001 07:13:43 PM
The Clergy had been an interesting enough occupation- it was tax free, after all, and people always tried to straighten up their posture when you came round- but all in all, Oliver Antonius Rule was rather enjoying his retirement. It was long in coming, he'd spent thirty five of what he wagered he'd eventually call his 'better years' ascending the ranks of His Majesty's Church in Albion, from his teen years as an acolyte responsible for little more than making sure all the candles were lit during the sermons right up to his day of retirement from the College of Cardinals, which consisted of a nice potluck dinner, seven pounds of well-wishing cards, and (amongst much snickering from his fellow Cardinals) a gift of a thick red ceremonial vestment with large embroidery on it's back reading "I SPENT 35 OF MY MORTAL YEARS ON THIS PLANET IN THE SERVICE OF OUR LORD WHO ART IN HEAVEN AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY ROBE".

A good career. And he rather liked the robe- it was made of high-quality wool, and kept him warm in chilly weather.

Chilly weather was becoming more of a bother to him these days. His beard and hair had taken up a resolute shade of dark gray, and his build was of the muscular sort that suggested that it'd been there for quite a while and wasn't about to melt off his aging body just when things were starting to get interesting. All this contributed to his taking up residence in Hibernia... there was adventure to be had, less of a reputation of a holy-man to follow him, and the weather was warmer.

Taverns were another benefit of retirement. To think he could have been a wino for the last 35 years- well, actually, best not to think about what might have been. Would only depress him, after all. And hey, though the theory flew in the face of all common sense and (more or less) established scientific theory, there were some who said "Life Begins at 50!" Cardinal Rule had spent some time thinking about that, and drinking, both at the same time, ultimately to come up with the answer, "Sure, why not?"

The blue-haired elven fellow with a penchant (or would that be pretension?) for glamorous weapons had wandered in and gotten his title wrong. Or maybe right, since he technically wasn't a Cardinal anymore. No matter- Sliggo was a fine swordsman in a similar position... he wanted a career that he wasn't necessarily built for, but certainly wasn't going to let little things like bodily inability hold him back from pursuing it. Cardinal Rule raised his mug.

"Cardinal, Sliggo. That's Cardinal. As in the color, the rank, the importance, even the cloak if you like, but absolutely NOT the bird. Get on in here and meet the chaps- eh..." He looked sideways at Rhianon, then back to the champion. "The chaps and the ladies, anyway. Hey, in elf-land, it's hard enough to tell'em apart, anyhow." He grinned, the brought his mug to his mouth to continue his study of Proper Barroom Belching Acoustics.

Rolzt
It's still a robe...
posted 11-26-2001 02:56:25 PM
Rolzt usually didn't notice things . Or people, for that matter. It was not an indication of poor intelligence, nor of intended gruff rudeness of his own part, it was more a general aloofness that came when a person spent more time reading books than they did in contact with actual living beings. In fact, this exactly what the Mentalist engaged as he wandered into Taboh Asling , studiously reading another yellowed tome while at the same time weaving his way through the newly-placed tables and chairs and benches of the Dae'Faroth's newly decorated home.

Rolzt was quite proud of this ability he had developed, to move his way around a room with almost prescient ability while deciphering the ancient text of old volumes of wizard lore. Even now he had managed not only to find his way though Sooja’s carefully decorated room without breaking a shin, but also swiped an apple from a nearby fruit basket , dropping himself in an overstuffed, comfortable leather couch in the far corner of the room, happily and absently chomping away at the apple. It was not until he felt the cold, unnatural silence creep over the room, Sooja's cold, almost angry glare penetrating him, that Rolzt even noticed that he was not alone in the room… and he had been noticed. Poking his head over the book, he grinned awkwardly, mumbling around a mouthful of apple, finally deigning to introduce himself.

“Ah… er… hello, everybody…Nice… curtains… today.”

As Sooja continued to favor Rolzt with her icy glare, the Mentalist ducked his head back under the book, partially to hide from the swordwoman’s stare, mostly so she would not see his embarrassed face.

I'm still Standing, I'm still standing
Where you left me
Are you still growing wild
With everything tame around you?

I send you flowers
Cut flowers for your hall
I know your garden's full
But is there sweetness at all?

-Bono Wild Honey

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: