EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Divinity: Original Sin Co-Op
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 09-25-2017 06:31:02 PM
Has anyone tried Divinity's Co-Op? Or Divinity: OS 2's Co-Op? Had a question I can't find an answer anywhere else.
My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
nem-x
posted 09-26-2017 08:16:14 PM
Haven't tried it, but I'm 80 hours in and I think I'm close to the end of the game. But I also said that 20 hours ago.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 10-01-2017 07:47:23 AM
My wife and I played part-way through the campaign on local co-op on XB1. It was pretty fun.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 10-01-2017 12:10:21 PM
I like the Baldurs Gate style old fashioned RPG thing, is this any good?

I tried Tyranny and several others but they left me cold. Lackluster stories.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 10-02-2017 06:10:39 AM
quote:
Mortious startled the peaceful upland Gorillas, blurting:
I like the Baldurs Gate style old fashioned RPG thing, is this any good?

I tried Tyranny and several others but they left me cold. Lackluster stories.

I liked it a lot. Pretty deep story and lots of lore and side quests in a good-sized world. It's not ground-breaking, but it's a solid game.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 10-09-2017 06:40:12 PM
Stayne and I started D S 1's Co-Op across two different screens/PS4's; but couldn't stick with it because we would wander apart in the towns, and then get started on quests apart from each other.

When we'd meet up and try to tackle a quest, we'd either have to briefly explain the jist of the quest, or have the other person read the quest log. It got tedious pretty fast because there wasn't a way to coordinate the stories and quests.

Is the new 2-4 player D S 2 co-op the same system? Will we get split up and roped into completely separate quests, or does it have a method to keep our party together?

Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 11-07-2017 11:34:03 AM
quote:
This is what Rodent King is doing. This is what I want Rodent King to do:
Stayne and I started D: OS 1's Co-Op across two different screens/PS4's; but couldn't stick with it because we would wander apart in the towns, and then get started on quests apart from each other.

When we'd meet up and try to tackle a quest, we'd either have to briefly explain the jist of the quest, or have the other person read the quest log. It got tedious pretty fast because there wasn't a way to coordinate the stories and quests.

Is the new 2-4 player D: OS 2 co-op the same system? Will we get split up and roped into completely separate quests, or does it have a method to keep our party together?

aka "we totally failed at the cooperative part of co-op."

But I'm afraid I have no useful info other than a humorous barb. I've played both, but no co-op because being a parent means I have incredibly little time to actually coordinate co-op of anything.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 11-22-2017 05:01:15 PM
True, we totally failed at it. It's easy to do when you're like:

"Hey, I'm gonna go find spellbooks and sell this gear."

"Cool, I'll go talk to this cat because I have the Pet-talking talent... and now I'm on a quest for it."

"K, found the inn with the next quest step. Are you close; or should I just go through the dialogue?"

"Nah, I was approached by someone who wants to join the party. Reading through her dialogue now; fill me in later."

We really enjoyed Diablo 3, because it told the story together and forced us to stay in-screen most of the time. Was really hoping for a turn based RPG with a longer, deeper plot and choices. C'est la vie.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: