EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Civilization 6
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-10-2016 02:22:49 PM
Anyone else want to comment on the game, if you have it?

I broke down and bought it, as said in the other thread, but I'm struggling to like it. Actually I'm struggling not to abso-fucking-lutely hate it. I want to know if it's just me.

I play my first few games of a new Civ title on Settler (lowest) difficulty so I can get used to the new game mechanics before I go ahead and ramp that up to Prince or higher. I like to think I'm a good Civ player, hell I've played every single one (even Revolutions) since I was smitten by the original game on my Amiga 1200 back in the day and lost many long nights to playing it and its descendants.

But the AI just.. ugh. Barbarians who pillage improvements on Settler? Barbarian camps that spawn a new unit every fucking turn and just roflstomp your fledgling army into the ground, on Settler? Stupid religious victory condition that means if you're conquering someone and their dominant religion becomes yours (as you're taking their cities) it means you LOSE??

I want to like it. I want to love it. But every game leaves me feeling frustrated and annoyed.

And districts can die in a fucking fire.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-11-2016 08:43:49 AM
I think the proliferation of Let's Plays makes developers think that the average player is much more skilled than they actually are.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 11-11-2016 03:56:54 PM
I, ummm, think it is rather easy. I miss the raging barbarians option.

To be fair, I have played every single Civ game since the first one, with V being probably my favorite with close to 600 hours played and VI is not worse than V, but I am not sure if it is better either. It got the second best theme since IV's Baba Yetu, though.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message on 11-11-2016 at 03:58 PM.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-11-2016 04:04:52 PM
I'm not saying it's hard, I'm used to playing on Emperor/Immortal, I'm more saying it's utterly schizophrenic in how the AI operates. I expect they'll fix it through patches. Sometimes the AI will roam huge armies (which they can pump out non-stop somehow) through your territory for absolutely no reason and with no intent of actually going to war.

Civ V is my favourite by far.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: