EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Stardew Valley
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-07-2016 07:54:11 AM
I played this obsessively a few months back, and it just got a nice, hefty update that expanded the endgame. If you haven't already, this game is definitely worth the pickup.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 10-15-2016 11:21:37 AM
Damn you.

I got it a few days ago. Sometimes I sit back and think,"What am I wasting my time for?"

Then I log off and wander away.

Invariably I end up playing again the next day. It's seriously JUST a time waster. Strangely compelling.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 10-17-2016 09:54:56 AM
I got such a huge backlog of games I want to play, but I have to assume that Civ VI will consume my life for a couple of weeks.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 10-18-2016 05:50:20 PM
quote:
Tarquinn said:
I got such a huge backlog of games I want to play, but I have to assume that Civ VI will consume my life for a couple of weeks.

Only after they patch out the enormous memory leaks the Civ series always launches with.

(I want it so bad)

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-21-2016 08:29:24 AM
I'm gonna hold off until the first major expansion.

Or until Nem gives me a copy of the game, like he did for Civ 5.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

nem-x
posted 10-22-2016 09:34:50 PM
I don't remember doing that at all!
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-24-2016 08:07:21 AM
quote:
nem-x put down Tada! magazine long enough to type:
I don't remember doing that at all!

At first I thought I had dreamed it, but.

Beer.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 10-24-2016 06:24:09 PM
I broke down and bought it.

The district system is really confusing and the AI is dumb as a brick, often just having armies wandering around your territory even though you're allies and constantly getting in the way.

Like most, I'm not a fan of the cartoony graphics but they'll probably grow on me. The map seems very.. messy.. and it's hard to make things out at a glance like you could in Civ 5.

I'll see how it progresses as I get more used to it and it has expansions released.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: