EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Road Trip!
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 03-07-2016 07:56:57 PM
Well, I do it pretty regularly these days, what with being a field tech and all.

I'm going to go from Fort Worth to Houston this Thursday, fly to Phoenix, AZ, then drive back to Houston, then drive to Fort Worth again.

Also, I think I will be spending a good deal of time in the New England area in the next few months, as well.

Anyone else have fun stuff coming up?

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-08-2016 07:18:23 AM
Going to Montreal in June for the Formula 1 race.

Going to California in July at some point to meet my niece or nephew.

I'm trying to swing a trip to Austin in October to watch the US Formula 1 race, but I thing my college football schedule is is going to conflict with the race weekend this year...again.

EDIT: Oh, I also just discovered that Montreal is hosting a massive beer festival the weekend we'll be up there, so I got that going for me.

Karnaj fucked around with this message on 03-08-2016 at 09:47 AM.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-08-2016 01:31:24 PM
I've got official visits to Albania and Portugal this year--really looking forward to both since a) I have no idea what Albania is like, and b) Portugal is awesomesauce.

I travel quite a bit for my current job, so we have two official country visits a year, and I get back to DC 3 times a year for conferences, plus a few odds and ends in between. I think we may get to spend a couple of days in Romania for VIP day of a NATO exercise if the Romanian rep can come through with transportation.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 03-08-2016 03:06:11 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Knight Rider:
Going to Montreal in June for the Formula 1 race.

Going to California in July at some point to meet my niece or nephew.

I'm trying to swing a trip to Austin in October to watch the US Formula 1 race, but I thing my college football schedule is is going to conflict with the race weekend this year...again.

EDIT: Oh, I also just discovered that Montreal is hosting a massive beer festival the weekend we'll be up there, so I got that going for me.

Oh my gosh, if you end up in Austin we should drink. It's only like a 3-hour drive for us. Maybe we can call Sam after all these years of you guys doing it to me. I still had one of the voicemails up until a few years ago, I think. My husband would probably WTF at first but after a few beers you would join forces to be the two most obnoxious people on the planet.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-08-2016 05:56:10 PM
quote:
Bloodsage said:
I've got official visits to Albania and Portugal this year--really looking forward to both since a) I have no idea what Albania is like, and b) Portugal is awesomesauce.

Portugal is awesome, whereabouts?

The Algarve in the south was my old vacation go-to spot. Back when I did vacations. And had spare time. And money.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-09-2016 08:01:57 AM
quote:
Monica still thinks SARS jokes are topical, as evidenced by:
Oh my gosh, if you end up in Austin we should drink. It's only like a 3-hour drive for us. Maybe we can call Sam after all these years of you guys doing it to me. I still had one of the voicemails up until a few years ago, I think. My husband would probably WTF at first but after a few beers you would join forces to be the two most obnoxious people on the planet.

It would be a lot of fun, but unfortunately the event itself is also up in the air, as they may not have enough money to pay the hosting fee for the race. But hey, a lot of stuff can happen between now and then.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 03-09-2016 09:22:20 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Karnaj stammered:
It would be a lot of fun, but unfortunately the event itself is also up in the air, as they may not have enough money to pay the hosting fee for the race. But hey, a lot of stuff can happen between now and then.

A GIRL CAN DREAM, JOHN. It would be effing hysterical.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-09-2016 01:13:50 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabbits doth run and play while Mortious gently hums:
Portugal is awesome, whereabouts?

The Algarve in the south was my old vacation go-to spot. Back when I did vacations. And had spare time. And money.

This visit will be to Lisbon, since the government is hosting us, but I think they've arranged a visit to a winery or something on our off time.

We visited Porto this past year and had a fantastic time. I want to go back and spend a week or so there.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-09-2016 02:52:53 PM
quote:
Monica got served! Monica got served!
A GIRL CAN DREAM, JOHN. It would be effing hysterical.

Well, your dream just came true: COTA announced just a few hours ago that not only is the race on, but that T-Swizzle herself will perform the post-race concert. You know, for all of those people who are fans of open-wheel racing AND a woman in her mid twenties singing about how hard it is to be sixteen.

Beer.

Addy
posted 03-10-2016 09:12:12 AM
We have a wedding to attend in NYC in the summer. We are planning on taking a trip to Chicago in the summer as well and potentially Colorado too.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-11-2016 01:23:50 PM
quote:
Addy still thinks SARS jokes are topical, as evidenced by:
We have a wedding to attend in NYC in the summer. We are planning on taking a trip to Chicago in the summer as well and potentially Colorado too.

Ah, New York in summer. The unique aroma of, sweat, ass, and hot garbage--truly, there is nothing more romantic. But the parks are usually fine.

Beer.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 03-12-2016 04:14:40 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Karnaj:
Ah, New York in summer. The unique aroma of, sweat, ass, and hot garbage--truly, there is nothing more romantic. But the parks are usually fine.

I read that last bit as "The parks are usually on fire."

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 03-18-2016 03:43:43 PM
Just came back from a two week vacation on Boa Vista/Cape Verde. I enjoyed that quite a bit.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message on 03-18-2016 at 03:54 PM.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-27-2016 11:03:33 AM
Cool!

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: