EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Board Games!
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 01-07-2015 04:34:02 PM
Lately I have taken an interest in board games, and am looking for recommendations. Preferably games that appeal to both kids and adults, because I may want to bring them in to work with after-school kids. (Ages 8 to 12)

Competition is fine, cooperation is better. I just ordered Telestrations, Pandemic and Forbidden Island; with Settlers of Catan and Ticket to Ride already on the shelf.

Anyone have a favorite board/card game to reccommend?

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-09-2015 08:51:04 AM
Munchkin is fun, but I can't recall if there are any cards that are, you know, explicit. Probably because I was absolutely shithammered when I was playing it.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-09-2015 10:29:17 AM
Roller coaster Jenga is quite popular.

Chugga
Pancake
posted 01-17-2015 08:57:32 AM
quote:
Verily, Rodent King doth proclaim:
Lately I have taken an interest in board games, and am looking for recommendations. Preferably games that appeal to both kids and adults, because I may want to bring them in to work with after-school kids. (Ages 8 to 12)

Competition is fine, cooperation is better. I just ordered Telestrations, Pandemic and Forbidden Island; with Settlers of Catan and Ticket to Ride already on the shelf.

Anyone have a favorite board/card game to reccommend?

Smallworld might be a good start as well!

Chugga fucked around with this message on 01-17-2015 at 09:08 AM.

Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 01-21-2015 12:51:10 PM
quote:
Karnaj has funnier quote texts than me:
Munchkin is fun, but I can't recall if there are any cards that are, you know, explicit. Probably because I was absolutely shithammered when I was playing it.

pretty sure there aren't, however if you want to stay on the safe side you could just get a themed version of munchkin. the adventure time version is neat.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 02-03-2015 01:12:42 PM
go to http://www.shutupandsitdown.com and watch some reviews.
diadem
eet bugz
posted 02-03-2015 10:40:52 PM
What's the max players? Are they mature enough to handle BSG?

If they can handle "normal" games (Ie - at least Catan/Power Grid level)...

Some fun ones are...
Xia: Legends of a Drift System
Agricola (and even better, its sequel - Caverna: The Cave Farmers)
Race for the Galaxy
Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island
Primordial Soup

Of course there's the long term stuff like pathfinder and Descent as well.

A good gateway game if they are still learning that's still fun is Alien Frontiers.

If you are looking for something a little more mainstream, there's always Dominion.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: