EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Maradon plays windwaker
Maradon!
posted 07-23-2014 11:49:33 PM
Not the best Zelda game I've ever played, but not the worst.

The cute characters are very cute and I love them. The bad characters are almost universally laughable, with a few exceptions: Seahats are fucking terrifying, floor masters are VERY cool. Some of the bosses are ok. Gohma was very cool and - importantly - its design was fed by the thick outlines and cel shading, rather than hindered. Other bosses were meh, like Jalhalla, who was also extremely easy to beat.

Ganondorf looks like he's allergic to bee stings and is about to go into anaphylaxis.

After so long mocking and ridiculing this game, I honestly thought I'd play it and see right through the cartoon style and it'd be just like another Zelda. I'm not. It is a problem after all. There's no ambiance, no drama, and very little gravity to anything. It's like playing a saturday morning cartoon based on a Zelda game. My favorite part so far has been the Earth temple, and only because I'm now a Medli fanboy. Dat beak.

Doing sea charts and mini games right now before I finish the wind temple. The mini games are fucking awful RNG bullshit, but that's par for the course for a zelda title so I won't complain too much.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 07-23-2014 at 11:50 PM.

Maradon!
posted 07-23-2014 11:51:41 PM
I got it free when I bought mario kart. I feel like I've managed to validate some unspoken personal oath by not paying for it
Maradon!
posted 07-24-2014 12:15:58 AM
Mightion Defensor
posted 07-24-2014 02:15:50 PM
So... you finally got around to playing a remake of a game that you did little but slander when it first came out eleven years ago, and you decided you didn't like it?

I think this might make the front page of CNN!

TL,DR: Big surprise.

Drysart
Pancake
posted 07-24-2014 07:12:20 PM
Truly, a day that will live in infamy.
Maradon!
posted 07-24-2014 07:17:07 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like it!

I found a copy of TwiPri a few days ago too, I'll play that after and decide which I prefer

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 07-25-2014 08:45:20 AM
I've tried playing the 3d Zelda games... really just couldn't get into them.

Link Between Worlds however.... complete awesome.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 07-25-2014 12:46:54 PM
I always liked TwiPri, myself. I think it was a strong showing for the series.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 07-25-2014 09:24:55 PM
Twilight Princess is my favourite Zelda since Link to the Past.
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Drysart
Pancake
posted 07-25-2014 10:01:45 PM
Twilight Princess Zelda is the hottest Zelda in the series.

The game also tends to get mixed reviews. I don't know, I thought it was alright.

Mightion Defensor
posted 07-26-2014 02:38:16 PM
I liked them both, but I have to say I liked Twilight Princess better because it had 100 percent more Hyrule. Yes, I know Hyrule was/is underwater in WW.
Maradon!
posted 07-26-2014 10:01:04 PM
I think we can all agree on one thing, Hyrule Warriors is going to be bad fucking ass.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 07-27-2014 03:15:14 AM
I really did not care about any Zelda games after a Link to the Past. I was totally excited for Ocarina of Time and bought it the on the first day only to drop it after a couple of hours thinking "eh, whatever".
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 07-27-2014 05:57:27 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Tarquinn wrote:
I really did not care about any Zelda games after a Link to the Past. I was totally excited for Ocarina of Time and bought it the on the first day only to drop it after a couple of hours thinking "eh, whatever".

If you were a LttP fan and have a 3DS.... Link Between Worlds is worth the grab.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Maradon!
posted 07-28-2014 07:40:14 PM
Ok nintendo, I get releasing a SD console in an HD world, but why do you insist on cluttering the already claustrophobic screen with useless UI elements?

Skyward Sword had the "Beeping Lime-Slice of Doom," TwiPri has a buzzing fairy pointer that you can't turn off. I also can't seem to hide the giant button display on the right.

Maradon!
posted 08-01-2014 11:36:18 PM
Man, TwiPri is awesome, but playing such an intricately detailed game in SD is agonizing.

I read that you can emulate these games in HD through Dolphin, but I can't seem to get my controller to pair.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: