EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Banished
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 02-25-2014 07:57:19 AM
Sim City in medieval times. This game will eat your life. You will forget that time, as you know it, exists.

Seriously, it will eat your life.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 02-25-2014 01:09:13 PM
Have you played the Anno/Dawn of Discovery series?
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 02-26-2014 03:07:21 PM
No, I usually avoid these kinds of games because they eat my life. But this one got me. It got me hard, in the butt.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

nem-x
posted 02-26-2014 09:55:21 PM
I keep waffling on this. I watch streams and it looks so boring but then every city builder game would probably be boring to watch.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 02-27-2014 02:35:40 AM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about pies:
No, I usually avoid these kinds of games because they eat my life. But this one got me. It got me hard, in the butt.

Well, yeah. If you'll find yourself with too much time at your disposal, I highly recommend checking out Anno 1404 or Anno 2070 as they blow Banished out of the water in every imaginable aspect.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 02-27-2014 03:35:08 AM
Microsoft Starvation Simulator 2014.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 02-27-2014 07:13:49 AM
Yeah, it's bad. I think I've finally figured out how to grow my town in a sustainable fashion.

But still,I've watched hundreds of children starve to death. But enough about my sex life...

Beer.

Mightion Defensor
posted 03-24-2014 11:37:45 PM
How the HELL do you get more people in this game? It takes so freaking long to get to the point where you can have a town hall/boarding house where nomads MIGHT show up; and all that time I'm running the mine\quarry with 2-3 people because there just isn't the population to run half the jobs at full capacity.

I just cannot seem to have more than 50 in a town. Well, last night, I did briefly, but then a tornado hit.

Basically, how do you get lots of citizens quickly?

(Yes, I know how old this thread is.)

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-25-2014 11:12:11 AM
You need to expand gradually, but constantly. There can only be one couple in a house, and once they get too old to reproduce, there's no way for your population to grow further until they die and a new couple moves in. You need to build at least one new house per year, so that when people grow up, they can move out and start families of their own.

Later, when you have a huge food surplus, you can increase the rate of house construction/accept nomads to further increase your population.

Beer.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: