EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Aw snap what is this that I purchased
Maradon!
posted 01-12-2014 02:23:36 AM
Sitting on top of my dusty old 360 that ain't even hooked up

OH DANG IT'S ONLY THE BEST NEXT GEN CONSOLE

No seriously

I am delighted with this purchase. I have an entire library of Wii games to chew through, and like... a handful of WiiU games.

New SMB U is like going on an acid trip while watching children's television.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 01-12-2014 03:39:13 AM
Phh, the Wii U is just two Wiis taped together.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Maradon!
posted 01-12-2014 09:33:25 AM
It's just a Wii with a tablet gamepad!
diadem
eet bugz
posted 01-22-2014 01:42:02 PM
I'll buy you a bottle of old english if you promise to dust that damn entertainment center.
play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
nem-x
posted 01-22-2014 09:08:38 PM
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-23-2014 03:58:08 AM
Maradon!
posted 01-25-2014 12:43:56 AM
1) Under the normal ambient light of my living room it is impossible to see the dust.

2) It would therefore be completely senseless - irresponsible, even! - to expend even the slightest amount of energy removing it.

Maradon!
posted 01-25-2014 12:45:27 AM
I'm playing Skyward Sword. I still hate wind wanker but I'll probably swallow my pride and get it after I chew through this and TwiPri.

I wish the WiiU gamepad worked in Wii mode. The Wiimote and nunchuck are clunky and not being able to directly control the camera kinda sucks. I'll probably be done with the first dungeon before my left thumb stops idly hunting for an analog stick that isn't there.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 01-25-2014 at 12:47 AM.

Maradon!
posted 01-26-2014 09:44:31 PM
oh my god they shoehorned so much motion control into this game and all of it is absolutely terrible.

My bird will abruptly stop flying and start hovering. As far as I can tell, this isn't linked to any button press or controller motion. The only way I seem to be able to start it flying again is by whipping the remote around furiously. My shoulder is actually getting really tired. Why couldn't I do all this with an analog stick?

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 01-26-2014 at 09:49 PM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-27-2014 03:01:11 AM
quote:
Maradon! said:
Why couldn't I do all this with an analog stick?

Because hip and trendy and will last forever because everyone loves it!

Just like 3D TVohwait.

Maradon!
posted 01-27-2014 07:01:27 PM
After years of tearing down nintendo and then finally warming up to the idea and coming round to their way of thinking and even buying their floundering next gen offering I come to find that one of my chief complaints, motion control shoehorned into everything, was every bit as awful as my hysterical ur-fanboy zeal had imagined it.

On a bright note, I'm genuinely enjoying this game. With a lot of work it might even be as fun as it would have been had it been designed for a gamepad.

Willias
Pancake
posted 01-27-2014 10:17:52 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about the Spice Girls:
oh my god they shoehorned so much motion control into this game and all of it is absolutely terrible.

My bird will abruptly stop flying and start hovering. As far as I can tell, this isn't linked to any button press or controller motion. The only way I seem to be able to start it flying again is by whipping the remote around furiously. My shoulder is actually getting really tired. Why couldn't I do all this with an analog stick?

it's because skyward sword isn't all that good a zelda game

wind waker is better

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-29-2014 07:33:24 AM
I always thought Twilight Princess was the tits.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Drysart
Pancake
posted 01-29-2014 11:59:47 AM
Twilight Princess Zelda was the hottest Zelda
Maradon!
posted 02-03-2014 06:47:29 PM
Twilight Princess zelda seems like the least likely to be into anal, though.

Skyward Sword zelda, though, now there's a chick that likes it in the ass.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 02-03-2014 08:33:15 PM
I'm just gonna sit over here enjoying Link to the Past and Link Between Worlds.
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Maradon!
posted 02-04-2014 08:42:13 PM
I played and beat Link Between Worlds on the 3dsxl that I bought only a few weeks before the WiiU.

Honestly, LBW was an awesome game, but I don't get the fuss. It was a little light on content.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 02-04-2014 10:37:43 PM
Same fuss as there was for OoT3d and Wind Wanker HD....

Sequel to/Remake of (with some expanded content) a previous version of the game that people really loved.

Basically Nintendo finding a way to dodge having to make a new version for a while longer...

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: