EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Diadem's Deal of the Moment
diadem
eet bugz
posted 08-14-2013 03:00:44 PM
https://www.humblebundle.com/

$5 gets you:

Dead Space™ [Origin, Steam]
Burnout™ Paradise: The Ultimate Box [Origin, Steam]
Crysis® 2 Maximum Edition [Origin, Steam]
Mirror's Edge [Origin, Steam]
Dead Space™ 3 [Origin only]
Medal of Honor™ [Origin, Steam]
Battlefield 3™ [Origin only]
The Sims™ 3 + Starter Pack [Origin only]

disclaimer: $5 puts you above the average purchase. BattleField 3 and The Sims 3 require a higher than average purchase.

diadem fucked around with this message on 08-14-2013 at 03:02 PM.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Drysart
Pancake
posted 08-14-2013 09:06:46 PM
It sounds like a good deal until you realize you need to install Origin.
Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 08-14-2013 10:41:13 PM
quote:
Drysart was naked while typing this:

Yeah, I've wanted BF3 for the longest time, but I've boycotted EA for so long I never was going to get it.

Spent the money, put it all to charity.

Got Steam keys for everything but BF3 and Dead Space 3.

Cringe as I install Origin.

Sigh, *Origin unable to process serial numbers for games at this time*

Oh well, at least I get to play with all the fun mods with Crysis 2 through Steam.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 08-14-2013 11:45:18 PM
quote:
Drysart got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:

Yeah, I was not a fan of that either. It makes you do some real weird stuff.

I just installed Battlefield 3. Made it until I reached a quicktime event that required me to hit space real fast. I couldn't press it fast enough so I cheated and started using macros. Trouble is the fastest my keyboard can handle is pressing space for 10ms, releasing for 10ms, pressing again for 10ms, and it looks like even at full speed my keyboard isn't fast enough to survive the quicktime event.

Had the same disappointment after I purchased Dead Space 2:/.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 08-14-2013 11:51:25 PM
So according to google all I needed to do was lower the resolution. Guess the UI thread can lock the input thread. Brilliant!
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 08-15-2013 06:00:42 AM
What's the problem with Origin, besides it being just another client that forces you to put in a username and password, like uPlay, Steam, all Blizzard games?
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 08-15-2013 07:04:42 AM
quote:
Tarquinn had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
What's the problem with Origin, besides it being just another client that forces you to put in a username and password, like uPlay, Steam, all Blizzard games?

When I was finally able to get BF3 installed, I went to run it, it opens up a browser, makes you install a plug in, to launch the game from a web page.

Then when the game was trying to load it said I needed the origin client running to play this game. Yet it was running.

So I closed everything, restarted my computer, turned off steam, started origin. Finally got the game to do it's thing.

By then I was bored and went to bed.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 08-15-2013 12:40:15 PM
quote:
Brahmin Bloodlust was naked while typing this:
When I was finally able to get BF3 installed, I went to run it, it opens up a browser, makes you install a plug in, to launch the game from a web page.

Then when the game was trying to load it said I needed the origin client running to play this game. Yet it was running.

So I closed everything, restarted my computer, turned off steam, started origin. Finally got the game to do it's thing.

By then I was bored and went to bed.

Same experience here, played a few games after the inexplicably complicated installation process. I realize How late I arrived at the party, but being constantly killed by tanks, snipers or guys-I-never-saw is less than fun.

I miss BF2142.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 08-15-2013 02:10:39 PM
Besides being a craptacular delivery platform? Besides being an EA product (buggy)?
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Tarquinn
posted 08-15-2013 02:21:30 PM
Yeah, besides the EA bashing.
diadem
eet bugz
posted 08-15-2013 06:58:47 PM
quote:
Tarquinn was listening to Cher while typing:

Welp, it forces my save data to be stored in the EA cloud. The EA cloud is not working so I can't access my save game.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 08-15-2013 11:30:39 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Tarquinn:

What EA bashing? There are certain things that are just expected. I expect that any Bethesda game is going to have bugs with the physics engine and have really stupid crash issues for at least the first 3 to 6 months. Doesn't change the fact that they've put out some great games, it's just a "fact of life" in dealing with their products. Fallout New Vegas had some horrible char model bugs for a while and the silly bugs with Skyrim... well, we've all laughed at the videos.

I expect products from EA to have usability bugs and just simply be broken. It's what I've come to expect from them and from what I've seen they still deliver on that point.

Oh, and while we're "bashing companies", Ubisoft and always-on DRM. Don't want you to think I'm playing favorites or anything.

Random Insanity Generator fucked around with this message on 08-15-2013 at 11:31 PM.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 08-16-2013 12:01:59 AM
quote:
Rodent King had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
Same experience here, played a few games after the inexplicably complicated installation process. I realize How late I arrived at the party, but being constantly killed by tanks, snipers or guys-I-never-saw is less than fun.

I miss BF2142.

I finally got to play tonight, after I figured out how to search for only large battle maps, the game itself was then enjoyable.

I was getting so angry at these run and gun matches in small areas. Then I got in a match that felt BIG, and having choppers and jets fly by and wrecking shit all around me was heaven. THAT is why I got this game. If I wanted to jam 32 dudes into a 10 foot by 10 foot box with guns, I would go play any other deathmatch game.

Once you figure out how to get the system working (about 10 or so minutes of tweaking), it isn't too bad.

Who am I kidding, the system is god awful, but when you finally get into a big match, it can be fun.

Tarquinn
posted 08-16-2013 02:38:34 AM
quote:
diadem was listening to Cher while typing:
Welp, it forces my save data to be stored in the EA cloud. The EA cloud is not working so I can't access my save game.

That's a valid complaint. Cloud saving is another one of those things I do not understand why they became a thing. Mandatory even in some instances.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 08-16-2013 03:57:13 AM
ITT Tarquinn is an EA employee.

Tarquinn
posted 08-16-2013 02:30:27 PM
In the 80's they totally did.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message on 08-16-2013 at 02:34 PM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: