EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Apocoplay Update
diadem
eet bugz
posted 04-16-2013 07:07:16 AM
Put in two weeks notice at 9-5.

Will be working on Apocoplay full time starting next week.

Have booth at ConnectiCon.

Plan on Kickstarter by then.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 04-16-2013 01:16:05 PM
Awesome! Congrats!
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 04-16-2013 03:32:53 PM
Grats.

(Your homepage looks like it is trying to sell me TVs/multimedia devices instead of games.)

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Drysart
Pancake
posted 04-16-2013 09:49:47 PM
Nervous? Excited? Constipated?
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 04-17-2013 09:07:26 AM
quote:
Drysart still thinks SARS jokes are topical, as evidenced by:

I generally find the constipation suddenly and violently goes away when I'm nervous.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 04-20-2013 09:28:54 AM
quote:
Drysart had this to say about Pirotess:

I was working over 100 hours a week getting maybe 3 or 4 hours a week. I was not in a good place.

The day after I quit I slept for a good ten hours or so (waking up only once). It's funny how quickly the body can recover.

I've got a little bit of work to do between now and June, but working for myself doesn't sound like work. My staff are picking it up a notch after I took the jump. You'd have a heart attack if you knew how much of a paycut I took to do this, but it's my dream.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 04-20-2013 09:33:25 AM
quote:
Tarquinn had this to say about Duck Tales:
Grats.

(Your homepage looks like it is trying to sell me TVs/multimedia devices instead of games.)

Yes. I put http://alteil-test.apocoplay.com/corp/ together in an hour or so with placeholder art and wanted to ask the artist to replace the boxy art with relevant items. For example, the boxes in the front would be replaced by a bunch of cartoony dinosaurs playing cards, then the same creatures playing boardgames, then the same creatures playing those games on mobile/pc/phone. Then the idea was to have a salesman change the wording to make it a better sell.

Trouble is the artist is busy making other things and most of the others didn't like it. So we agreed to pause the new site until our marketing guy comes in (we needed one desperately and one's coming in in a few days).

The old page was thrown together for a contest. I want the new web page to be specialized for board game designers & publishers. I want them to look at it an think "gee, I should probably call these guys."

diadem fucked around with this message on 04-20-2013 at 09:33 AM.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 04-20-2013 11:52:00 AM
DNS configured to forward apocoplay.com to https://www.facebook.com/Alteil for now (until we have a better looking website)

May take a few hours to process.

edit: This "feels" like my first day of freedom, mainly because the police ordered us not to leave our homes yesterday because of the gunman.

diadem fucked around with this message on 04-20-2013 at 11:53 AM.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 05-05-2013 06:12:25 AM
We just made it to the MassChallenge semi-finals.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 05-05-2013 07:14:21 AM
Congratulations!
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
diadem
eet bugz
posted 05-31-2013 02:34:59 PM
In development news, the new engine is looking pretty baller. I can't wait to show you guys the more recent updates. It's all HTML5 with AngularJS and communicates with the server in real time (SingalR, Microsoft's answer to socketio).

In Minecraft news, Drysart earned the title of First Murder in AmpRack's new hardcore server.

In Alteil news, Worthing wrote a preview of our upcoming release here - http://www.alteil.com/index.php/component/content/article/1-latest-news/3137-first-sneak-peak-of-set-13

Drysart
Pancake
posted 06-01-2013 05:07:23 PM
quote:
diadem came out of the closet to say:

In Minecraft news, Drysart earned the title of First Murder in AmpRack's new hardcore server.

Death to infidels!

diadem
eet bugz
posted 06-05-2013 03:01:22 PM
quote:
Drysart had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
Death to infidels!

That was actually rather entertaining to watch.

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 06-05-2013 06:05:49 PM
quote:
diadem said this about your mom:
That was actually rather entertaining to watch.

I liked it, too (I've actually never played Minecraft. I'm afraid if I'll start I'll spend 24/7 in there). There was something I wondered about that I think I missed, if Drysart mentioned it. Why not take the risk of hunting for more gold for that apple instead of having the showdown with so little life, especially once you saw all those dogs? Is there a time limit, or at least a courtesy-based time limit?

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Drysart
Pancake
posted 06-06-2013 08:18:08 PM
quote:
Inferno-Spirit came out of the closet to say:
I liked it, too (I've actually never played Minecraft. I'm afraid if I'll start I'll spend 24/7 in there). There was something I wondered about that I think I missed, if Drysart mentioned it. Why not take the risk of hunting for more gold for that apple instead of having the showdown with so little life, especially once you saw all those dogs? Is there a time limit, or at least a courtesy-based time limit?

Sort of a gentleman's agreement when you get down to the last 2 or 3 players -- head to the 0,0 coordinate to finish it off. Otherwise the game could go on for hours.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 06-12-2013 09:41:59 AM
Eating our own dog food and using our engine to create a new updated look/feel/etc for the game.

We should st be polished enough to start a kickstarter come early July, just in time for ConnectiCon. Trying to pull some favors and keeping my fingers crossed.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 06-30-2013 02:56:19 PM
One of my artists made the art for Chess 2. It was just mentioned by Penny Arcade as one of the reasons to get an Ouya. Regardless of what you think of the system itself or penny arcade's opinion on the matter, you have to admit that his art is pretty baller.
Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 07-02-2013 12:28:12 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when diadem said:
just in time for ConnectiCon.

I really should go to one of those. I've been back in NY for almost 4 years now, just a stones throw from CT.

Maybe next year. (prior obligations this year)

diadem
eet bugz
posted 07-02-2013 01:01:41 PM
quote:
Verily, Brahmin Bloodlust doth proclaim:
I really should go to one of those. I've been back in NY for almost 4 years now, just a stones throw from CT.

Maybe next year. (prior obligations this year)

Broke 10k people last year and still growing.

That would make you the 5th Evercrester to attend.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: