EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: eBay
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-08-2013 11:08:55 AM
Do they ever rule in the sellers favour? Ever?

Just had a case where I sold a vintage chrome bumper and described it as fair condition, the guy complained that a 45 year old bumper had rust on it.

I replied telling him I'd be happy to refund his purchase of £51 minus the £25 postage because there was no way of me recouping that loss.

He immediately escalated to customer service who not only ruled in his favour and gave him a full refund but won't give me my final value fee back.

Mortious fucked around with this message on 03-08-2013 at 11:09 AM.

Maradon!
posted 03-08-2013 02:01:19 PM
Amazon is the same way. Their reps will basically give a complainer anything, sellers are usually screwed. Many of the refunds for the whole simcity shitfest were given through Amazon, and they eventually stopped sales because of it.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-08-2013 03:56:41 PM
quote:
And coming in at #1 is Maradon! with "Reply." I'm Casey Casem.
Amazon is the same way. Their reps will basically give a complainer anything, sellers are usually screwed. Many of the refunds for the whole simcity shitfest were given through Amazon, and they eventually stopped sales because of it.

Evidently, if you try to get a refund for SimCity through Origin, they won't do it. And if you have you back/credit card company issue a chargeback, they'll ban your account.

You stay classy, EA.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 03-08-2013 04:13:27 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Karnaj said this:
Evidently, if you try to get a refund for SimCity through Origin, they won't do it. And if you have you back/credit card company issue a chargeback, they'll ban your account.

You stay classy, EA.

This is why Gaben gets all my moolah, and not EA. Origin is just half a step up from GFWL, which is a pretty low bar to begin with anyway.

In related news, Unknownworlds had to ask Valve to disable over 1,000 players' keys for NS2 because they bought them via a shady Steamkey reseller. The reseller bought the keys with stolen credit cards, then sold them at a discount. Of course, the stolen cards all issued chargebacks, so Unknownworlds was hit with almost $30,000. $22 for each chargeback, and $25 for the game.

Dave
)_(
posted 03-08-2013 09:34:48 PM
quote:
Karnaj was listening to Cher while typing:

You stay classy, EA.

If you do a charge back the credit card company takes the charge back from the company, fines them, and it can even hurt a few other things. There's a good reason for banning an account for a chargeback.

I've heard alot of bad stories from selling stuff on eBay these days, including but not limited to extortion. Did you have full pictures of the item up?

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 03-09-2013 04:07:33 AM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about pies:

You stay classy, EA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwo96d_rP1U&t=8m43s

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-09-2013 06:31:16 AM
quote:
Dave said:
I've heard alot of bad stories from selling stuff on eBay these days, including but not limited to extortion. Did you have full pictures of the item up?

Decide for yourself: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140914836485

Listing was all correct, nice clear pictures of front and back, eBay still leaves me £35 in the hole because they won't give me back the final value fee either.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 03-09-2013 07:47:10 AM
That's some serious BS... you had pictures and if the piece delivered was the piece in the photos the guy on the other end is just an idiot or wants something for nothing.
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 03-09-2013 11:32:06 AM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
wants something for nothing.

This... a thousand times this.

People are scumbags, I've moved away from eBay and other online sites because of getting screwed over too many times.

My fiance and I generally deal on Craigslist for selling locally, and people always try to intimidate her into taking less money when they meet up. She's a shark though and doesn't budge but hates the hassle.

Me, well they see me and get scared and generally just hand the money over and shake my hand and then leave.

2013 and having a large intimidating presence in person is still an advantage.

Dave
)_(
posted 03-09-2013 02:09:07 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about John Romero:
Decide for yourself:

That's just silly, how could they rule other than in your favor.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-11-2013 08:56:30 AM
Let's Play SimCity!
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-11-2013 06:43:19 PM
They just gave my account an official warning today for complaining too much about this case. I sent them three e-mails in total.

It's upside down week.

My asshole friend IRL told me he'd be happy to call them tomorrow after I told him about this. He's the kind of guy that a call center worker talks to then is found in the corner crying and rocking in a fetal position. Should be amusing to overhear. I'm no good on the phone myself, I'm always too nice.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-12-2013 01:26:52 PM
Hah, they tripped themselves up by inadvertently admitting they didn't even read my replies.

Time to rape them for free listings.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: