EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: What do you like now that you didn't like when you first joined?
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-18-2013 12:54:58 PM
Me? Football in particular, sports in general. Made worse these last two years having a HDTV.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Brahmin Bloodlust
High Priest of Drysart
posted 01-18-2013 04:56:30 PM
Olives

Fiance made me tapenade(sp?) and I was apprehensive... But it was amazing. Then I had them on food and it didn't make me gag.

Then I ate one by myself, and I only cringed a little. 13 Years ago, I used to dry heave at the smell of them.

That's weird.

13 years ago.

I'm a completely different person now, now that I think of it... Karnaj, this simple question unlocked a realization as I sit here. The only thing that is actually the same for 13 years ago, is that I still love video games, farts and metal/hardcore music...

diadem
eet bugz
posted 01-18-2013 08:13:49 PM
Cooking
play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Maradon!
posted 01-18-2013 10:28:43 PM
Other people's opinions.

Haha, just kidding.

Nintendo. Can't wait to get a WiiU. I had it preordered for release but I sold it to a guy for two thousand dollars. Still haven't gotten around to getting one.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-18-2013 10:39:32 PM
quote:
The propaganda machine of Maradon!'s junta released this statement:
Nintendo. Can't wait to get a WiiU. I had it preordered for release but I sold it to a guy for two thousand dollars. Still haven't gotten around to getting one.

What.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Drysart
Pancake
posted 01-18-2013 10:48:28 PM
Man I remember when Maradon raging about how much he hated Wind Waker. Turns out it ended up being one of the best Zelda games ever.
Maradon!
posted 01-18-2013 10:49:23 PM
I had a best buy preorder ticket for a complete bundle during the run up to christmas. I was milling around looking at games and chatting with some girl when a dude overheard and hailed me about the preorder. He was apparently under the mistaken impression that you could just walk up and buy these things, and had kids who were just dead set on getting one from santa. He was also apparently loaded because he offered me two grand straight up no budgin.

Having it in my hands and then immediately selling it to him for twenty ratty old benjamins was one of the hardest things I've ever done.

Maradon!
posted 01-18-2013 10:50:12 PM
I still think Wind Wanker is stupid.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 01-19-2013 08:48:34 AM
Vodka.

13 years ago, all I knew was cheap vodka, and I hated it. Turns out if you spend some money on it, it's actually a quite tasty spirit.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Vin~
Crack Dealer
First One's Free!
posted 01-19-2013 09:30:32 AM
Having healthy lungs. Been about six and a half months since I quit smoking. Also, vegetables. God, I love vegetables.
Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 01-21-2013 12:32:11 AM
Monogamy.
I stopped being a man whore, and my wife and I decided to close our open relationship. In doing so, we became grown ups. That didn't suck as much as I thought it would.

Working.
I work from home. I am now a contract ghost writer. I turn other peoples shitty ideas into words, and they pay me. I get an honest weeks pay, for an honest days work.

Trying to get books finished in my own name. Self published two years ago, when I wrote fantasy fiction. Turns out, that genre is over saturated, and sells like shit. Two books I'm doing this year... One is a self help book about not working yourself to death. The other is a memoir about how I got over my drug use back in the 90's.

While on this topic... how about things that you don't like or do anymore? The other half of change.

I only play video games with my kids. And even then, I get bored and let them take over. When I try to get into a PC game, I think about the 5 minute process of port forwarding, and say "Fuck it, shit's just a waste of time anyway." The day I realized that I did that without thinking about it... I realized that I had wasted years of my life on that unproductive bullshit... and promptly limited my kids gaming time.

I am cynical, and mistrustful of my government. Not on a whackjob level, but compared to my "Who gives a fuck?" youth, me taking time to write Senators, Reps, and all those other elected douchebags is a HUGE thing. The American people really need to learn that the only way to keep your elected officials in order, is to write them, email them, and call them... and tell them YOUR stance on the issues. Otherwise.. how the fuck are they gonna know?

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-21-2013 07:26:40 AM
I'm exactly the same; rich, fit and wasting my life away.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-21-2013 11:43:45 AM
quote:
Kaiote still thinks SARS jokes are topical, as evidenced by:
While on this topic... how about things that you don't like or do anymore? The other half of change.

I'm pretty much the same with video games. There are one or two games at a given time that I'll play, and usually only on the weekends. Time was I'd play video games pretty much all day, erry day.

That, and gunshot wound fucking. A man can only take so many shattered bone slivers in his urethra.

Beer.

Kaiote
Shot in the Face
posted 01-21-2013 01:07:17 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Punky Brewster:

That, and gunshot wound fucking. A man can only take so many shattered bone slivers in his urethra.

I just started aiming for the fleshier bits.

Henry had been killed by a garden gnome.He had fallen off the roof onto that cheerful-looking figure. The gnome was made of concrete. Henry wasn't. - Dean Koontz, Velocity
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: