EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Did you vote already?
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-06-2012 09:35:20 AM
I did. Even at 6 AM there were a good number of people there. I'm very glad I did it early; I feel like turnout's going to be pretty good, despite the mess created by Sandy.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 11-06-2012 10:12:29 AM
Dropped our absentee ballots in the mail yesterday. I am experiencing some voter's remorse, though I think that is stupid because I would feel that way regardless of which way I cast my vote...
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 11-06-2012 12:30:09 PM
Voted this morning. So glad this is almost over.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 11-06-2012 03:04:54 PM
YOU KNOW IT.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-06-2012 03:05:00 PM
quote:
And now, we sprinkle Blindy. liberally with Old Spice!
Voted this morning. So glad this is almost over.

I can only imagine how horrible it must have been in Ohio. We never saw a single presidential ad here in Bluelandia.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Vin~
Crack Dealer
First One's Free!
posted 11-06-2012 03:18:15 PM
I voted a few days ago, I got a sticker.
Damnati
Filthy
posted 11-06-2012 04:21:03 PM
quote:
Karnaj stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
I can only imagine how horrible it must have been in Ohio. We never saw a single presidential ad here in Bluelandia.

I cannot recall California going to anyone but the Democrat in my lifetime and yet we still see vast quantities of anti-Republican ads; there are occasional anti-Democrat ads (I actually liked that one with the Chinese professor lecturing on the fall of great empires) but they are in the minority. It is particularly odd to see such ads here in the staunchly blue San Francisco Bay Area.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Skaw
posted 11-06-2012 05:14:56 PM
I voted for the rich guy thats going to fuck me in the ass that doesn't have an evil smile.
Maradon!
posted 11-06-2012 05:50:53 PM
Tons more people than in 2010 or 2008 at my polling place.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 11-06-2012 07:47:24 PM
They redid our precinct lines and spread us out more, so there were less at our polling places because there were more polling places. We went early and then went to breakfast.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Damnati
Filthy
posted 11-06-2012 08:21:55 PM
quote:
Skaw's account was hax0red to write:
I voted for the rich guy thats going to fuck me in the ass that doesn't have an evil smile.

Was there some Libertarian or other like that? Romney and Obama both have kid-toucher smiles...

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-07-2012 08:12:53 AM
I think Obama's smile is fine. Those ears, though...

Anyway, it's over. Everything pretty much went as expected, I guess. Status quo for another two years, anyway.

Beer.

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 11-07-2012 11:36:29 AM
quote:
Karnaj attempted to be funny by writing:

My mother told me they were getting 22 political ads an hour.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
diadem
eet bugz
posted 11-08-2012 09:07:31 AM
Tried, was bounced around due to a glitch in the system. Tried the place I was supposed to vote, they couldn't find me, looked me up, and realized my address was wrong (I was listed at living at a place I never heard of). Threw a new address in my GPS to drive off and vote.

Voting place I was directed to eventually gave up trying to figure out where I was supposed to vote (I wasn't listed as living there either). Eventually just gave up trying to figure it out. Woman in charge told her staff that I just never registered, which is bullshit. Told me "sorry" and turned me away saying I couldn't vote until next election year. Was told to take it up with the town hall so I could vote next time. Was also told that other people weren't allowed to vote too like it would make me feel better.

Was right pissed and called the town hall. Was told there's even any record of me being a resident. When I asked why I could vote last election, had property tax bills, excise tax bills, sewage tax, a mortgage, a license with the address, etc. I then asked if I don't live in my house, who does. Was told the computer is pulling up nothing and to verify my claim they'd have to ask the assessor's office. The assessor's office wouldn't be open until tomorrow so I could try then. Of course, if I waited for them to "fix it" until then ext day it would be too late for me to vote, so that got me even more angry.

Found a "having trouble voting?" hotline and called that (backup plan was to call a law firm / a sheriff). Turns out that I was due to have a provisional voting ballet and they shouldn't have turned me away. I could bring my license, a tax bill, etc to the place I tried to vote originally and they'd let me get a provisional vote which can be investigated after the fact so I can at least vote.

Went back to the original place and explained the situation to them (remember that I originally did "exist" at the beginning of the day and the first place remembered that. Also, this wasn't the place where I was accused of not registering) and they let me have a provisional vote.

In reality my vote will never be counted because of how the provisional thing works, but at least it's something.

I'm still pissed about the matter, to be honest.

diadem fucked around with this message on 11-08-2012 at 09:34 AM.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: