EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Call to action - alpha testers needed
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 06-09-2012 08:23:30 AM
There's something rather large afoot that I can't officially announce until the end of July due legal reasons.

I can, however, ramble about random facts. ConnectiCon is the largest pre-qualifier for the M:TG pro tour in North America. An Apocoplay founder wrote over 30 episodes for Yugioh, which has a card game that sold over 22 billion cards and is in the Guinness Book of World Records for the most popular TCG, ever.

Now that I'm done rambling, I need volunteers to test an online game while keeping their mouths shut for the time being. I'd like to see your reactions when you first play the game and may use the videos for training purposes for upcoming players. If you have video recording software that'd be mint.

Addy
posted 06-09-2012 09:38:12 AM
I'd be able to, but I can't commit too much time to it, so I'd look at others if you need someone that can pound away at it hours at a time.
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 06-09-2012 10:36:29 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Addy said this:
I'd be able to, but I can't commit too much time to it, so I'd look at others if you need someone that can pound away at it hours at a time.

No, that's perfect. Do you have skype or any other way to share your desktop while talking? I'd like to record the session if possible.

Addy
posted 06-09-2012 11:40:19 AM
Yeah, I don't have a webcam right now though if you were looking for facial reactions.

Just let me know when you need me for this.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 06-09-2012 02:08:22 PM
Seeing our reactions as in a webcam style thing? Or seeing us play using video software like fraps? With some free time coming up, I'd be up for helping with a project.
My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 06-09-2012 09:36:29 PM
I've had a subscription to fraps for like 10 years and I used to play the hell out of M:tG back in the day. I'd be up for helping out, senor.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 06-10-2012 02:24:41 AM
Mark me as possibly interested, also.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-10-2012 03:05:12 AM
Have FRAPS.

Will record.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 06-15-2012 07:28:28 PM
quote:
Mortious had this to say about dark elf butts:
Have FRAPS.

Will record.

Perfect. We can start with you. You free any time this weekend? I'd probably need an hour or so.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-16-2012 06:39:57 AM
Sure, just tell me where to go and what to do and when to do it.
diadem
eet bugz
posted 06-17-2012 10:47:04 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Mortious was all like:
Sure, just tell me where to go and what to do and when to do it.

PM sent - just need your skype username.

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-17-2012 12:42:25 PM
PM sent back.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 06-25-2012 06:38:10 AM
Just a note here as diadem and I attempted this last night, FRAPS will not record the desktop. FRAPS only works in DirectX environments (inside full games). We tried several free desktop recording programs but they either failed to save the recording or wouldn't pick up diadem's voice on Skype, but oddly would pick up everything else including my voice.

Does anyone know of decent desktop recording software that will pick up ALL sounds?

Drysart
Pancake
posted 06-27-2012 09:27:30 PM
You might want to try Virtual Audio Cable and have it patch the mic input to the general speaker output that is already being captured by your recording software.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: