EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Best Simpsons couch gag ever?
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-05-2012 09:55:19 AM
Or best Simpsons couch gag ever?
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 03-05-2012 10:20:58 AM
Very good. GRRM will be crowing about it on his webpage I'm sure. He can crow all he wants so long as he gets is large ass writing the Winds of Winter...
http://www.bloodfin.net
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 03-05-2012 01:07:06 PM
That reminds me that I still have to watch that show. I'll probably do that when I move in three weeks and will be without internet.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-05-2012 05:16:30 PM
I was wondering what that intro had to do with anything. I thought it might've been, but the gears threw me off--when did Game of Thrones turn steampunk?
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

nem-x
posted 03-05-2012 09:23:50 PM
Watch the awesome hbo series of it
Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-06-2012 03:22:44 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Kaglaaz How'ler said this:
Very good. GRRM will be crowing about it on his webpage I'm sure. He can crow all he wants so long as he gets is large ass writing the Winds of Winter...

I have no idea how people can curse and spit at GRRM and then wonder why he takes so long writing his books.

Drysart
Pancake
posted 03-06-2012 10:56:55 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan came out of the closet to say:
I have no idea how people can curse and spit at GRRM and then wonder why he takes so long writing his books.

I don't think the cursing and spitting began in earnest until he wrote in "Meanwhile, Back on the Wall" in Feast that the next book would "be along next year", and then several years later it hadn't shown up yet.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-07-2012 08:20:20 AM
quote:
Drysart put down Tada! magazine long enough to type:
I don't think the cursing and spitting began in earnest until he wrote in "Meanwhile, Back on the Wall" in Feast that the next book would "be along next year", and then several years later it hadn't shown up yet.

I think he's said that that particular passage is the worst thing he's ever written.

And the main reason ADWD took so long was that he had to figure out the correct order for everyone to show up in Mereen, looking for Dany. He had essentially everything written, but it took him years to get that right.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Maradon!
posted 03-07-2012 06:25:09 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Karnaj booooze lime pole over bench lick:
I think he's said that that particular passage is the worst thing he's ever written.

And the main reason ADWD took so long was that he had to figure out the correct order for everyone to show up in Mereen, looking for Dany. He had essentially everything written, but it took him years to get that right.

He should have crowdsourced. He could have passed out a few galleys to his most vitriolic fans and in a few hours they'd have long winded forum posts meticulously detailing exactly who showed up when, whose side they were on, and what they had for breakfast.

Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 03-09-2012 07:12:29 PM
Was quite frustrating with the lack of information that was out there. He's busy screwing around with crappy stories online and traveling all over creation and not updating his blog or anything else for that matter.

People are hoping he doesn't pull a Jordan and keel over before he's finished it all. "The Mountain That Doesn't Write" was his nickname from some the truly rabid fans. I'll admit to using it a few times myself. Yes, ADWD has been worth the wait, it's just with the TV series out now, he doesn't really have a great deal of time before he'll need to have finished the books.

Meanwhile, I have the Blu-Rays to watch and can't wait until April 1st.

For those of you that haven't read the books yet. Amazon has a nice Kindle edition of the first 4 books for $29.99 (individually they're $8.99) and then A Dance With Dragons is $14.99.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-09-2012 07:14:20 PM
This just makes me all that much happier I threw in the towel after 2 or 3 (I don't remember) books. Frankly, I thought he'd just run out of characters to kill or maim before getting this far.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 03-10-2012 08:31:28 AM
quote:
Kaglaaz How'ler really knows where their towel is...
For those of you that haven't read the books yet. Amazon has a nice Kindle edition of the first 4 books for $29.99 (individually they're $8.99) and then A Dance With Dragons is $14.99.
Check the reviews on those. When I was first looking at picking up the GoT series last summer, I read the reviews. Everyone who picked up the Kindle bundle was pissed. Everyone who picked up the paperback box set was thrilled.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 03-10-2012 01:07:56 PM
Edit: How the crap did I screw up that bad...

Vallo, the Second Coming fucked around with this message on 03-10-2012 at 01:08 PM.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 03-10-2012 01:21:55 PM
quote:
This one time, at Bloodsage camp:
This just makes me all that much happier I threw in the towel after 2 or 3 (I don't remember) books. Frankly, I thought he'd just run out of characters to kill or maim before getting this far.

This is one place where we're in complete agreement.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 03-11-2012 09:56:54 PM
quote:
`Doc had this to say about Pirotess:
Check the reviews on those. When I was first looking at picking up the GoT series last summer, I read the reviews. Everyone who picked up the Kindle bundle was pissed. Everyone who picked up the paperback box set was thrilled.

I did the Kindle Edition myself and had no issues with it. But then I was rereading the whole thing while waiting for ADWD. I had borrowed the books from a friend before. About halfway through the 4 books I got an e-mail from Amazon that said I could download the update for free that had a working Table of Contents. I didn't need it at the time and when I finished with the four books, I downloaded the updated version with working TOC. That was the ONLY issue I was aware of. I'm not slogging through 800+ reviews, busy with work.

(I'm now a retired Master Mechanic and gone back to working full time as an MIS for a data authentication company)

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 03-12-2012 05:02:15 AM
I'm happy that I discovered these books after Dance with Dragons came out, and I've enjoyed them very much.

Mainly because I didn't have "Meanwhile, Back on the Wall" to throw me off.

Addy
posted 03-12-2012 10:06:15 PM
What the heck is with these posters from the past?
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-12-2012 10:21:42 PM
I see what you did there!

Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-12-2012 11:25:15 PM
I've been pretty much having to guide friends through the Martin cycle since a lot more people started getting into the books and it all pretty much goes the same:

GoT: "What the fuck?"

CoK: "WHAT the FUCK?!"

SoS: "WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?!!?!??!?!"

FfC: "what"

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: