EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Merry X-mas!
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-25-2011 08:58:53 AM
Finally, I can open that weird box that says, "Do not open until X-mas!"
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-25-2011 09:51:04 AM
Was there a dead goldfish inside?
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 12-25-2011 10:30:17 AM
Same to you.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 12-25-2011 07:31:39 PM
My sigpic makes sense for another few weeks!

Best loot so far: lots of fashionable clothes from my sister.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-26-2011 04:25:58 AM
Hope everyone had a great day.

I got video games and a classy english gentlemans washbag from Aspinals of London. Now I can look like the snob I am in the bathroom, too.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 12-26-2011 12:02:15 PM
So far, I got a gas gift card, beef sticks (which are awesome) and skittles.

I have a Keurig coffee maker on the way from my parents, too. It will be good times once that arrives.

I bought myself lots of stuff during the year, and didn't save any of it to give myself for Christmas. Whoops.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 12-26-2011 12:15:01 PM
Batch of japanese KitKats from a friend who came back from a trip. $100 from my mother, 1080p camcorder from myself.

Oh yeah, and I've been moving for the last 1.5 weeks. Still not finished. At least I have the internets and my PC in the new place.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 12-26-2011 03:33:19 PM
quote:
How.... Falaanla Marr.... uughhhhhh:

I have a Keurig coffee maker on the way from my parents, too. It will be good times once that arrives.

Just got one myself; SO GOOD!

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 12-26-2011 06:23:16 PM
quote:
Vallo, the Second Coming attempted to be funny by writing:
Just got one myself; SO GOOD!

Yeah, my dad has one. Last time I was in NC, I got to try it out, and it was great. Mine should be here within the week

Kildarre
Pancake
posted 12-27-2011 04:40:07 PM
Merry Christmas.

I can't believe this board still exists.

I can't believe I recognize some of the people posting here.

It's been 10 years! Gosh!

~K.
Nina
posted 12-28-2011 12:03:47 AM
K-cups are a horrible, wasteful abomination undeserving of the "coffee" appellation. I was horrified to learn that these things are catching on like the plague recently, encouraging both terrible environmental habits and terrible taste.

Have we really sunken so low that grinding a handful of coffee grains and stuffing them into an espresso machine is too much effort to avoid wasting coffee filters, let alone plastic cups for each portion?

Shame on you all.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-28-2011 12:20:09 AM
I like Nespresso, myself.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 12-28-2011 06:58:11 AM
Enjoy your Keurig, I'll be grinding my beans fresh every morning.

I got a work bench and shelving for my garage. God damnit I'm getting old.

I bought myself and the wife an IPhone 4s with my christmas bonus money, so that's cool.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 12-28-2011 08:25:38 AM
Unless I'm sick, I don't drink coffee.

I never really understood the western world's addiction to coffee anyway.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 12-28-2011 09:33:49 AM
Y'know I always thought coffee just tasted like bitter garbage, but the coffee that comes out of my Keurig tastes pretty great.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Blindy.
posted 12-28-2011 10:39:36 AM
Most people fuck up coffee. It's 2 tablespoons of grinds per 6 oz of water. Most people see that and think "Holy shit, that would be strong as hell, I better use less grinds so it won't be so bitter", but what they don't realize is that the bitterness of coffee comes from the acids which are only released when the grinds get too hot and/or are over-stretched. So they use less and less grinds until the coffee is so watered down the bitterness is hidden, and they end up with a beverage which lacks the subtle earthy flavors and chocolate notes a properly brewed cup will give you.

If you don't like coffee, try some coffee made with the 2:6 ratio. It may change your opinion. And none of that maxwell house shit, I'm not sure if they actually even use coffee beans to make that.

But those K-Cups? Those are 2 tablespoons of grinds. And the machine puts like 6-8 oz of water though them. People who don't know how the fuck to make coffee think that it must be magic beans or something because the coffee tastes better, but it's really just run of the mill grinds with the correct ratio.

Blindy. fucked around with this message on 12-28-2011 at 10:44 AM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-28-2011 01:12:38 PM
Caffeine withdrawal hits me incredibly hard for some reason, it will give me completely debilitating migraines. Ones so bad I literally cannot stand up without falling over, because my balance centre is fucked up so badly for hours.

One cup every 2-3 days is fine, any more severely fucks me up.

Which is a real pity as I love good coffee.

nem-x
posted 12-28-2011 06:24:00 PM
I bought this a few months ago and it's great. I pretty much having to use it at least once a day to break even in a year, but I'm not complainin'
Blindy.
posted 12-28-2011 07:55:06 PM
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-29-2011 09:48:37 AM
I used to do the grind-my-own-beans thing, and had a very nice espresso machine and separate, high-quality burr grinder. I'm pretty hardcore about my coffee. That said, Nespresso--especially the specialty blends--makes really excellent coffee if you like the European style.

So I sort of resent the assertion that only n0obs who don't know better use pod systems.

Blindy.
posted 12-29-2011 09:54:41 AM
Well, noobs do like k-cups. They're training wheels for good coffee. But hey, if you only want a cup here and now it is much faster, so please don't feel I've slighted you.
Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 12-29-2011 10:15:00 AM
Oh, I definitely qualify as a coffee brewing nublet. My method pre-Keurig if, say, I was going to be up studying all night: Insert random-ass large amount of coffee grinds. Fill pot slightly more than half with water, which I then put in machine. Get slightly more than half pot of brewed coffee. Take sip, realize it's awful like always. Fill rest of pot with sugar, milk, and chocolate syrup to create something no longer really coffee at all.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-29-2011 11:21:44 AM
I was going to come into this thread screaming "NEEEERRRRRDDDS" and hurling my feces about, but I am just as obsessive when it comes to brewing my beer.

Oh, and Blindy, I finally did brew up that Imperial Stout you championed earlier. 10.7% and it tastes unbelievably good.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-29-2011 12:33:56 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabbits doth run and play while Blindy. gently hums:
Well, noobs do like k-cups. They're training wheels for good coffee. But hey, if you only want a cup here and now it is much faster, so please don't feel I've slighted you.

I haven't tried the other brands, so I can't speak for quality, but I can say I wouldn't have adopted Nespresso if it made sub-par coffee. And it's a boatload easier to use and clean than my espresso machine ever was!

Blindy.
posted 12-29-2011 01:51:40 PM
quote:
Karnaj's ass must be crazy:
I was going to come into this thread screaming "NEEEERRRRRDDDS" and hurling my feces about, but I am just as obsessive when it comes to brewing my beer.

Oh, and Blindy, I finally did brew up that Imperial Stout you championed earlier. 10.7% and it tastes unbelievably good.

Awesome! For thanksgiving I had brewed a Vanilla Bean Oatmeal Stout, it was quite tasty and around 8%. I'm trying to decide what to do next, I just picked up two more Corney kegs.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-29-2011 02:00:58 PM
If you have a spare chest freezer or fridge, get a temperature controller and brew a lager. Given the time of year, I would suggest a
Maibock.

Failing that, I'd choose one with a quick turnaround time, so it can be ready for the Superbowl. I REALLY like the Aussie Light Ale. Protip: if you brew the Aussie Light ale, add 1 pound of honey with 15 minutes left in the boil. I've done it twice and the result is superior. You could also go for a hefeweizen, as they have a quick turnaround, too.

Beer.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 12-29-2011 06:55:24 PM
Why is mort the only one wearing a santa hat?
Blindy.
posted 12-29-2011 10:45:57 PM
quote:
Ghost of Forums Past - Ghost of Forums Past = 0:

Because everyone else misplaced the fucking awesome christmas avatars I made them back in 2005 or whatever.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-29-2011 11:01:30 PM
quote:
Bent over the coffee table, Ghost of Forums Past squealed:

There!

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 12-29-2011 11:54:06 PM
quote:
Blindy. had this to say about Robocop:
Because everyone else misplaced the fucking awesome christmas avatars I made them back in 2005 or whatever.

Bah, never made one for me.

But I still have the blinking avatar, so it's all good.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-30-2011 05:14:11 AM
quote:
Blindy. said:

Katrinity made most of them.

Unless.. you.. are.. OH GOD.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 12-30-2011 09:40:36 AM
quote:
Mortious stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:

It all makes sense now!

No, it doesn't.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-30-2011 10:02:04 AM
I'll never eat cookies again

Blindy.
posted 12-30-2011 01:59:46 PM
quote:
Don't feed the Mortious:

I think we both made a large number.

nem-x
posted 12-30-2011 03:39:03 PM
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-30-2011 06:21:29 PM
Lookin' good, Blindy!

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: