EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I'm improving!
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 12-03-2011 11:38:16 AM
Read that as improv-ing because for the last few months I've taken classes for improv, and they've been incredibly fun. I'm not as good as I'd like to be at the genre, but that's why we take classes, right?

Today our class is going on stage with an audience for the first time, and I'm totally stoked.

Anyone else try public performances before?

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 12-03-2011 01:32:40 PM
Yes, did some semi-political cabaret (comedy, not dancing) with two friends in school. The "dress-rehersal" was so horrible, with all of us not rememberng our lines, that we got ourselves two crates of beer before the premiere and started drinking, because screw it.

Well, it helped and I've been told that people liked it a lot.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-03-2011 01:39:40 PM
Drunk German political comedy?

I can image that is all kinds of awesome.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 12-03-2011 02:01:45 PM
quote:
Mortious painfully thought these words up:
Drunk German political comedy?

I can image that is all kinds of awesome.

Wait... "zee Germans" do anything sober?

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-03-2011 02:43:40 PM
Have you seen sober German comedy?

English speaking countries call it serious drama.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-03-2011 10:29:05 PM
English comedy is based around schadenfreude.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-04-2011 12:24:55 AM
I once did improv during the cast party for our fall play senior year of high school. I only remember this because I happen to have the list of games that I shamelessly ripped off from Whose Line Is It Anyway? saved on my computer, even though it's been eleven years. I'm a digital hoarder.

Anyway, here's the list of games we did!

quote:
Narrate

This is for ____________ and _________, and they will act our a Film Noir scene, and what we need is unlikely place for this scene to take place.

Party Quirks

For all four, with _____________ as the host and the others as guests, and they have each been given a strange way of behaving, or quirk. The host will have to guess what they are based on their actions.

World's Worst

For all four, they must come up with examples of the world's worst person to be Sports Announcer.

Questions Only

For all four, with ___________ and _________ to start off. They must only speak in questions, and if they mess up, the person behind them will take over. Their scene is: they're in a restaurant

Scenes from a Hat

For all four, they will act out scenes picked from this hat written by you guys.

Whose Line

This will be for __________ and __________, and they must improvise a scene, including these two lines apiece, which they haven't seen before. Their scene is: Braveheart and his sidekick preparing for battle.

As I recall, the person who acted as host for the games later went bonkers. I'd like to think that this contributed to it.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 12-04-2011 11:09:46 AM
We played Party Quirks, and a few others that went over really well.

Drunk German political comedy sounds like you've found 4 kinds of win.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: