EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Help Me, Obi Wan
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-06-2011 07:16:50 PM
I now have 16,960 lb of stuff, most in boxes, strewn randomly about my house. And so much for my idea of having the nice sofa upstairs with the home theater; whatever idiot designed the house made it so you can't even get a queen box spring up the stairs, much less a large sectional sofa. It was bad enough we had to hoist them over the second floor balcony rail into the kitchen just to get them in the house.

So who's going to come over and help me unpack?

At least the motorcycle was undamaged.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 09-06-2011 07:22:02 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Optimus Prime:
I now have 16,960 lb of stuff, most in boxes, strewn randomly about my house. And so much for my idea of having the nice sofa upstairs with the home theater; whatever idiot designed the house made it so you can't even get a queen box spring up the stairs, much less a large sectional sofa. It was bad enough we had to hoist them over the second floor balcony rail into the kitchen just to get them in the house.

So who's going to come over and help me unpack?

At least the motorcycle was undamaged.

So where are you now?

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-06-2011 07:43:50 PM
I'm in Alexandria, VA, a hop, skip, and jump from the 5-sided insane asylum.

Oh, and in the movers' defense, we're in a townhouse that manages to stretch a 2 bedroom house to 4--count 'em, four--floors.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-06-2011 07:47:46 PM
Oh, and how off are my priorities: the first thing I set up after the movers left was the bar...and then I put my computer on it because the office isn't built yet.

Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 09-07-2011 01:29:38 AM
I dunno, that seems like some level-headed decision making to me.
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-07-2011 09:04:43 AM
quote:
Bent over the coffee table, Callalron squealed:
I dunno, that seems like some level-headed decision making to me.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 09-07-2011 04:28:25 PM
Modern townhome construction is so infuriating to me. I mean, I get that they're trying to minimize the amount of shared walls one has to deal with, as it's more difficult to sell a unit where there are neighbors both above your and on your sides. Some places my wife's friends live in, though, are ridiculously narrow and tall, to the point of limiting one's options for furnishing the main living areas.

And don't get me started on what passes for soundproofing. Blech. Someone pour me a gin.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-07-2011 06:15:40 PM
quote:
Quoth Karnaj:
Modern townhome construction is so infuriating to me. I mean, I get that they're trying to minimize the amount of shared walls one has to deal with, as it's more difficult to sell a unit where there are neighbors both above your and on your sides. Some places my wife's friends live in, though, are ridiculously narrow and tall, to the point of limiting one's options for furnishing the main living areas.

And don't get me started on what passes for soundproofing. Blech. Someone pour me a gin.

That's exactly the place we're in. Two bedrooms, about 1700 square feet...on four floors? You have to climb stairs to sneeze.

And trying to get our furniture to work makes me feel like I've been trapped in some bad '80s puzzle/platformer.

Oh, well; at least we can hear our neighbors' dogs barking constantly, along with the air traffic into and out of Reagan National.

On the other other hand, we live in Old Town Alexandria, with all the attendant fun and shenanigans within easy walking distance, and the Mt Vernon Trail less than a block away.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-07-2011 07:53:06 PM
I am cleaning pee off the floor.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-07-2011 08:50:30 PM
You and Gerard Depardieu.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 09-07-2011 08:57:44 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan put down Tada! magazine long enough to type:
I am cleaning pee off the floor.

I literally just did the same.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-07-2011 10:02:32 PM
I was in that area back in March for some upgrades to a field office.

The pop density up there would drive me insane, and explains the vertical gerbil housing. Seriously... people are willing to accept that a 15 mile commute to the office in the morning should take 45 minutes (not counting actually getting a parking space)? It did make me glad that they got us a hotel less than a mile from that office...

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-08-2011 03:10:18 AM
quote:
From the book of Karnaj, chapter 3, verse 16:
I literally just did the same.

Yes, but I've met Abby. You have not met Trigger, the dog who is half-mastiff, half-pitbull and somehow more full of shit and piss than both breeds if they were congressmen.

...unless it's no Abby's pee you're cleaning up.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-08-2011 09:48:34 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan startled the peaceful upland Gorillas, blurting:
Yes, but I've met Abby. You have not met Trigger, the dog who is half-mastiff, half-pitbull and somehow more full of shit and piss than both breeds if they were congressmen.

...unless it's no Abby's pee you're cleaning up.

Uh, if you have a mastiff-pitbull cross, I seriously hope you're doing a fuckton of both training and socialization, and that you've got liability insurance up the wazoo.

Khyron
posted 09-08-2011 12:28:41 PM
Man nobody ever comes out to Utah so I never have an occasion to invite them over for whisky and darts.

Then again I don't own a dartboard, but I have some mighty fine bottles of scotch!

And of the two, that's much more important.

Khyron fucked around with this message on 09-08-2011 at 12:29 PM.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-08-2011 12:48:59 PM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Khyron absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:
Man nobody ever comes out to Utah so I never have an occasion to invite them over for whisky and darts.

Then again I don't own a dartboard, but I have some mighty fine bottles of scotch!

And of the two, that's much more important.

You never know...it's on my list of places to check out in the next year or so. A friend of mine bought a house to retire in near Salt Lake City, and I'm considering the same. Let's hear it for the 16 states that either don't have income tax or don't tax military retirement!

Khyron
posted 09-08-2011 12:54:51 PM
quote:
Bloodsage Model 2000 was programmed to say:
You never know...it's on my list of places to check out in the next year or so. A friend of mine bought a house to retire in near Salt Lake City, and I'm considering the same. Let's hear it for the 16 states that either don't have income tax or don't tax military retirement!

I was going to say we have a rather nice little AFB here as well but I'm sure you know far, far more about Hill than I do

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-09-2011 04:44:42 AM
quote:
Bloodsage enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Uh, if you have a mastiff-pitbull cross, I seriously hope you're doing a fuckton of both training and socialization, and that you've got liability insurance up the wazoo.

My roommate likes to say he's mastiff-pit cross, but I'm leaning toward the possibility that he is mastiff-dumbshit. He lacks notable pit features (aside from the big fat head) and has more hound dog features.

Plus, Otis kicks the crap out of him most days. He runs up, grabs Trigger's face in his jaws and starts pulling until Trigger cries. It's like a little doggy prison hierarchy.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 09-09-2011 09:03:28 AM
quote:
Aw, geez, I have Bloodsage all over myself!

Yeah, but then you have to live in one of those states. Though I guess Washington wouldn't be too bad.

Beer.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-09-2011 10:57:51 AM
quote:
Quoth Karnaj:
Yeah, but then you have to live in one of those states. Though I guess Washington wouldn't be too bad.

I'm told the trick is to live near the Oregon border; you can do your shopping in Oregon, which doesn't have a sales tax, yet live in Washington, which doesn't tax military income.

Peter
Pancake
posted 09-09-2011 12:41:05 PM
quote:
Bloodsage impressed everyone with:
I'm told the trick is to live near the Oregon border; you can do your shopping in Oregon, which doesn't have a sales tax, yet live in Washington, which doesn't tax military income.

Montana does't do either! ....but Great Falls is kinda alot of Meh. Unless you're a huge fishing, hunting, owning a large gun collection fan, kinda nothing out there 'cept wheat fields and nukes.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 09-21-2011 11:21:57 PM
Sometimes the vertical design can be interesting. Deth and I went to Chicago when the Distant Worlds concert was there and we hit up the Museum of Science and Industry on our trip. They have a green smart house that you can take tours in and vertical design figures heavily there, but it wasn't done in such a way that it felt like a sardine can.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: