EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: So, I'm done raiding.
Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 05-04-2011 11:57:17 AM
Now I've got ~22 hours a week of free time, and I can't stop thinking of getting back on.

After 6 years of nonstop raiding, I forgot what normal people do during weeknights.

Any suggestions? Give me some fun hobbies to take up.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 05-04-2011 12:09:33 PM
Gin.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 05-04-2011 01:35:27 PM
Gin and women.
"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Number 1 Poster
posted 05-04-2011 02:06:07 PM
Eat a lot
Lift a lot of weight
Masturbate while looking at yourself in the mirror

Repeat every day

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-04-2011 02:32:14 PM
quote:
Thumbs Up! said:
Eat a lot
Lift a lot of weight

Repeat every day

This.

Works for me.

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 05-04-2011 03:01:25 PM
quote:
Thumbs Up! had this to say about Pirotess:
Eat a lot
Lift a lot of weight

Repeat every day

If you're really lucky, step 3 also counts as step 2.

"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 05-04-2011 04:08:01 PM
Go work out, fatty fatty fat fat fatty fat fat.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-04-2011 05:29:43 PM
Eating a lot is generally good for you, since it keeps your metabolism going.

Maybe you could take a class?

Number 1 Poster
posted 05-04-2011 06:58:45 PM
Take a class on eating and lifting and masturbating in front of a mirror
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 05-04-2011 08:41:12 PM
Can I have some of your free time?

Ideas off the op of my head:

• Exercise. Set a goal of getting a six pack and benching at least your own weight.
  • Read. Get a Kindle. Those things are addicting.
  • Learn an instrument.
  • www.meetup.com - It may not be as ridiculous there as it is in boston (countless things going on every day) but it's worth checking out.
  • Start a business
  • Go hiking.
  • Join a local sports team (even ultimate frisbee counts)
  • Learn a second language
  • Learn to cook
  • Choose a field you don't know about (advanced chemistry, programming, whatever) and study the fuck out of it.
  • Write a book
  • Get involved in your town's local politics to find ways to improve the local community
  • Try to explore one new restaurant a week with friends
  • Bowling, pool, pingpong, golf.
  • Waste your life with TV and Movies
  • Keep an eye on things like Jet Blue Cheeps and go traveling.
  • Maintain a garden.
  • Home improvement projects
  • Volunteer at a soup kitchen or habitat for humanity
  • Check out local museums or plays
  • Learn a craft like pottery
  • Take flying lessons
  • Start a board game night (catan, apples to apples, power grid, etc)
  • Go to bartending school for fun
  • Learn how to dance
  • Geocacheing
Damnati
Filthy
posted 05-05-2011 12:26:20 AM
Listen to some operas and read a score or libretto while you do to learn what they're about; Mozart, particularly The Magic Flute (English directed by Kenneth Branagh and translated by Stephen Fry) and Don Giovanni, is probably the most accessible due his wonderful humor. If you would prefer something more dramatic, Puccini is the best; Turandot and La Boheme are my personal favorites. Wagner will likely bore you unless it's Die Meistersinger von Nürnberg.
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 05-05-2011 08:26:32 AM
You'll want to do something involving social interaction a couple nights per week. Working out a couple nights per week is also a good idea. Use one night a week for errands that you would normally deal with on the weekend (laundry, grocery shopping, etc).
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-05-2011 08:28:28 AM
maybe stick your fingers in a few buttholes
Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 05-05-2011 07:03:24 PM
play other video games
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 05-07-2011 07:28:59 AM
Oh, I have one. Watch old episodes of MST3K. I've been enjoying that quite a bit.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Addy
posted 05-14-2011 08:13:20 AM
Go socialize.
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 05-14-2011 10:11:02 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
maybe stick your fingers in a few buttholes

Yeah, go to medical school. There's an idea.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-14-2011 11:19:03 PM
quote:
Addy's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Go socialize.

Socializing is lame.

OK not really. I've been trying to get out and do that lately. Moving down to Madison has definitely been a big help on that front.

RK, I would suggest just doing more of what you did when you weren't raiding. Be it hanging out with friends, exercising, whatever. You don't have to fill the blocks of time with something in 4 hour chunks. Just let the blocks naturally fill with whatever makes you happy. The best part of not raiding anymore is that you now have blocks of time you don't have to schedule!

But asking what normal people do on weeknights is probably a bad idea on a board like this. I'd venture to say nobody here is qualified to answer that question since pretty much nobody still posting here would count as normal.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 05-14-2011 at 11:22 PM.

Peter
Pancake
posted 05-15-2011 01:04:22 AM
quote:
Falaanla Marr said this about your mom:

But asking what normal people do on weeknights is probably a bad idea on a board like this. I'd venture to say nobody here is qualified to answer that question since pretty much nobody still posting here would count as normal.

Try maybe geek socilizing first? Like don't wnt to say something likke the nerd/dork vortex that dnd is, granted pen and paper will get you out, but there is lighter things like say Friday Night Magic.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 05-15-2011 02:39:09 AM
Since I quit WoW (I'm waiting for SWTOR or GW2 to try an MMO again), I've caught up on a bunch of movies I've missed out on, console games, anime, TV shows, and various websites I used to frequent. Who cares what the "normal" people do?
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 05-15-2011 04:24:46 AM
quote:
Falaanla Marr had this to say about the Spice Girls:

what
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-15-2011 05:21:50 AM
yeah, what?

I am on this board and I go out to bars, go out with friends, go to the gym, go to movies, go to some classes, go to conventions

all of which are pretty normal

or am i

a nerd

Skaw
posted 05-15-2011 05:25:05 AM
I wish I could do normal people things on weekends.

You know, instead of working.

Fuck you, Fal.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-15-2011 05:32:55 AM
not even sure what qualifies normal, really

i mean, i guess if you go to bondage clubs and ask people to spank you and call you sally, that's a little weird

BUT I DON'T THINK ANYONE HERE DOES THAT

Skaw
posted 05-15-2011 05:38:01 AM
Well, time to find something else to do on Wednesday nights. All in the quest for normalcy.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-15-2011 08:22:55 AM
Jeez people.

The post was just meant to say "We're all sitting here posting on a message board on the internet based around an old comic from a video game" and we're not normal. It is called a "joke".

Oh, and fuck you too, Skaw.

Skaw
posted 05-15-2011 01:11:58 PM
Oh gosh fellahs. We're a small social community whose beginings aren't even relevant anymore. On the internet on less! Only nerds and outcasts use the internet. We're super not normal. Fal, the most qualified of us all on these matters, has deemed it so!
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-15-2011 01:23:50 PM
quote:
Skaw had this to say about John Romero:
Oh gosh fellahs. We're a small social community whose beginings aren't even relevant anymore. On the internet on less! Only nerds and outcasts use the internet. We're super not normal. Fal, the most qualified of us all on these matters, has deemed it so!

So how big is the stick that you have shoved up your ass?

Blindy.
posted 05-15-2011 08:45:00 PM
Yeah I got married, had a kid, bought a house, and now wake up early to mow the yard and go to home depot on Saturday. I'm so fucking weird.
nem-x
posted 05-15-2011 09:07:51 PM
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 05-15-2011 09:09:30 PM
quote:
Blindy.'s account was hax0red to write:
Yeah I got married, had a kid, bought a house, and now wake up early to mow the yard and go to home depot on Saturday. I'm so fucking weird.

See what happens when you stop playing MMOs? You wind up with a white picket and 2.3 rugrats.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Blindy.
posted 05-15-2011 09:15:30 PM
quote:
Did someone say Random Insanity Generator:
See what happens when you stop playing MMOs? You wind up with a white picket and 2.3 rugrats.

To be fair I did all of that while playing MMOs.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 05-15-2011 10:12:33 PM
Meh.. details.
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 05-15-2011 10:38:29 PM
stick your fingers up fal's butt
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: