EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Subway franchise
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 03-22-2011 09:58:44 PM
Does anyone know someone who runs a subway franchise (or similar type of franchise)? How's the ROI? How many hours per week does an owner generally put in to make it successful?

edit: Humm... no unvote option. Accidentally gave myself a 3.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 03-23-2011 at 08:13 AM.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 03-23-2011 08:49:16 AM
Maybe this will be helpful, even if it doesn't directly answer your questions.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 03-23-2011 05:55:21 PM
A guy I worked with owned a Dunkin Donuts franchise--he said the parent company is extremely unforgiving in terms of margin on the ingredients you have to buy (ie, allows for almost no waste).

A franchise is less risky than opening an original restaurant, but the restaurant business is extremely difficult. More than 50% of restaurants fail in the first year.

So I'd personally say you should be prepared to eat, sleep, live, and breathe your venture in order to make it successful. When you open your second, third, and fourth outlets will be the time to roll back the hours.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Mr. Parcelan
posted 03-24-2011 07:30:05 AM
Open your own restaurant catering to greasy old men.

Call it the Peahole.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 03-26-2011 08:50:33 AM
`Doc/Sage - thanks for your input. This is exactly the type of information I was looking for.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 03-26-2011 at 08:51 AM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: