EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Happy holidays
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 12-25-2010 12:37:49 PM
For nostalgia's sake.

My haul this year was a gift card for $50. However, I spent about $400 on the kiddos.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-25-2010 05:36:29 PM
Shocked asian man gif

I didn't get anyone anything. I paid my mortgage instead.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 12-25-2010 06:37:37 PM
I'm freakin' overjoyed!

My sweetie and our roommate went in together on a Kindle for me.

The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
nem-x
posted 12-25-2010 10:13:44 PM
quote:
Azakias Model 2000 was programmed to say:
However, I spent about $400 on the kiddos.

nem-x
posted 12-25-2010 10:17:51 PM
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 12-25-2010 10:29:16 PM
Good deal on the Kindle. Sorry about the Kinect.

edit: Protip - you can turn on javascript in the Kindle's browser under the "advanced options." Or at least you could last generation.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 12-25-2010 at 10:31 PM.

Maradon!
posted 12-25-2010 11:28:29 PM
quote:
Ghost of Forums Pasting:
Good deal on the Kindle. Sorry about the Kinect.

edit: Protip - you can turn on javascript in the Kindle's browser under the "advanced options." Or at least you could last generation.

On by default.

I wish there were a way to force it to identify itself as a mobile browser. Instead it seems to identify as an opera variant (??) and can't be changed. Sites that automatically detect browser like newegg and fark don't offer up the mobile version, and as such don't fucking work.

Indications seem to be that the web browser and updates for it will be the focus of the next firmware release, though, so that's nice.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 12-27-2010 12:34:05 AM
Don’t mind me... just browsing from a hacked NookColor.
* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 12-27-2010 02:38:56 AM
Loving Gadgets, I really want to buy a Kindle.

But I also love putting physical books into my overflowing shelves.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 12-27-2010 07:46:09 AM
I got an Ipod Nano, a Bluray player, some Slippers, a dead Grandmother, and a new daughter.

Blindy. fucked around with this message on 12-27-2010 at 07:46 AM.

nem-x
posted 12-27-2010 07:58:24 AM
Grats on your reincarnated grandmother daughter
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 12-27-2010 09:10:59 AM
I bought myself a few things.

Woot sellout is selling some rabbit wine stoppers and aerators today for a little less than what I paid for mine. No regrets though - if I could see the future I'd be playing the stock market. I am thinking it might have been a classier idea to get a soap magnet than a soap dish, but that can be rectified later.

I plan on getting a couple more things today.

edit:
For gifts I received - my folks got me a BBQ gift pack with 3 bottles of steak rubs, cinnamon sticks, and herbs for my birthday this month. It's a gift I've been enjoying every few days.

I still have a birthday party with my friends every few years but I generally host a yankee swap in lue of gifts.

quote:
Karnaj was naked while typing this:
Shocked asian man gif

I didn't get anyone anything. I paid my mortgage instead.

Oh that's right, I refinanced too. Mortgage is over three hundred less a month now.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 12-27-2010 at 09:29 AM.

Blindy.
posted 12-27-2010 11:20:35 AM
What the hell is a Yankee swap?
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-27-2010 03:48:53 PM
quote:
Blindy. still thinks SARS jokes are topical, as evidenced by:

It's when two gay New Englanders sixty-nine each other, then make out.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 12-27-2010 04:33:20 PM
quote:
Blindy. stopped beating up furries long enough to write:

http://www.yankeeswap.com/

Everyone comes in with a wrapped gift of similar value and pulls a number from a hat.

In order, people chose a wrapped gift and take it/open it. They can then decide weather they want to keep their gift or swap it with someone else's opened gift. The victim can then choose to either keep the swapped gift or swap someone else's opened gift (provided the gift wasn't already swapped this round).

After everyone goes the person who chose first gets to choose or swap (as he/she would not have the opportunity to swap the first round because there are no other open gifts).

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 12-27-2010 at 04:36 PM.

Blindy.
posted 12-27-2010 06:10:43 PM
oh.

We call those "White Elephants" around here.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 12-27-2010 07:06:07 PM
quote:
Blindy. was listening to Cher while typing:
oh.

We call those "White Elephants" around here.

The gay sex or the yankee swap?

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-27-2010 09:03:06 PM
No, a White Elephant is where you ejaculate into someone's ear.
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 12-28-2010 03:09:31 AM
11 days after UPS's botched delivery of my Logitech G700 mouse that I bought myself for Christmas, and I am still waiting for my refund to be deposited back into my account so I can re-purchase it and try to use the old invoice I got through email to redeem the mail-in rebate that the repurchase would not qualify for.
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Razor
posted 12-28-2010 01:49:19 PM
Clothes
Dispicible Me DVD
CD (needing to return... as it's one I already have, and yes I still use CD's in my Truck)
Chocolate
Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2
other odds and ends
A house.
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 12-28-2010 04:21:29 PM
quote:
Densetsu had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
11 days after UPS's botched delivery of my Logitech G700 mouse that I bought myself for Christmas, and I am still waiting for my refund to be deposited back into my account so I can re-purchase it and try to use the old invoice I got through email to redeem the mail-in rebate that the repurchase would not qualify for.

Sounds like a cluster. Good luck!

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 12-28-2010 06:44:09 PM
I got a $200 Amazon Gift Certificate, and a Logitech MX Performance mouse.

The gift cert went towards buying this: Akira Kurosawa Box Set. It was $275 from a re-seller that was fulfilled by Amazon, so I went with that. Was only $210 on Amazon until a couple of days ago

But still worth it at this cost.

Falaanla Marr fucked around with this message on 12-28-2010 at 06:44 PM.

Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 12-29-2010 10:28:34 AM
I got a pair of shoes, some boxers and some skittles.

I gave out the Spartacus series on DVD, Epic Mickey, a potion, some weed and 20k gold on WoW.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 12-31-2010 12:16:15 AM
quote:
It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh! I was called here by Ghost of Forums Past who wishes to pay me tribute!
Sounds like a cluster. Good luck!

I'm getting the gift card anyway within the next 48 hours. I think I'm going to go with the Saitek R.A.T. 7 instead.

Densetsu fucked around with this message on 12-31-2010 at 12:16 AM.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 12-31-2010 02:41:16 PM
I just put my new toaster oven to use.

Broiled Steak Taste Test Verdict*: Pass with flying colors!
Cleanup: Easy!

*I do admit I checked the internal temperature first to make sure it was what I expected.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 12-31-2010 at 03:12 PM.

Maradon!
posted 01-01-2011 02:51:03 AM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Ghost of Forums Past booooze lime pole over bench lick:
I just put my new toaster oven to use.

WHAT DO WE GOT ON THIS THING?

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: