EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Inception
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-03-2010 03:45:15 PM
Finally got around to watching this. Thought I'd hate it since I loathe Leonardo Dicaprio.

Boy was I wrong. FUCKING WOW.

I'll be blunt and dispense with the long-winded reviews. If you like cerebral films that demand you think and not just sit there drooling, you MUST see this movie. The soundtrack is also possibly the best movie soundtrack of the decade.

Inferno-Spirit
Sports Advocate
posted 12-03-2010 04:27:03 PM
It's been out for a few months and is now #6 of all time on IMDb (hundreds of thousands of votes).
"He lets the last Hungarian go, and he goes running. He waits until his wife and kids are in the ground and he goes after the rest of the mob. He kills their kids, he kills their wives, he kills their parents and their parents' friends. He burns down the houses they grew up in and the stores they work in, he kills people that owe them money. And like that he was gone. Underground. No one has ever seen him again. He becomes a myth, a spook story that criminals tell their kids at night. 'If you rat on your pop, Keyser Soze will get you.' And nobody really ever believes." - Roger 'Verbal' Kint, The Usual Suspects
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-03-2010 05:08:32 PM
I generally wait for "now on DVD/Blu-ray" ads to appear on television before I'll check something out.

Very glad I caught this one.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 12-03-2010 05:20:48 PM
Tell me that you've also caught Memento, Mort. I believe it was the same director who did Inception.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-03-2010 08:33:33 PM
Yeah internet memes and jokes aside, I seriously dig Inception. I was surprised at how well DiCaprio did; I don't generally care much for him. Only other thing I remotely liked him in was "Catch me if you can".

On the other hand, I'm a huge fan of Nolan's ability to set a mood with soundtrack, setting, and editting.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Maradon!
posted 12-03-2010 08:35:49 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Delphi Aegis who doth quote:
Memento

This.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 12-03-2010 08:36:37 PM
damn. that's a big sigpic.
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Maradon!
posted 12-03-2010 08:48:59 PM
IT'S MY TITLE, BLAME THE MODS

Tell parcelan to make Beardhat my title

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 12-03-2010 08:49:57 PM
Beardhat does strange things to your mouth.

Maradon!
posted 12-03-2010 08:52:38 PM
That's not me, that's Beardhat. He's not wearing Beardhat, he is Beardhat.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 12-03-2010 08:53:30 PM
...I swear if this is you talking in third person...

Maradon!
posted 12-03-2010 08:58:35 PM
No, really it's not me, just a funny picture.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 12-03-2010 09:00:33 PM
...new picture is far less disturbing.
Still no Beardhat.

Maradon!
posted 12-03-2010 09:06:38 PM
I like this one better than beardhat.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-03-2010 10:59:00 PM
quote:
This one time, at Maradon! camp:
I like this one better than beardhat.

qiyd

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-04-2010 04:27:36 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael said:
On the other hand, I'm a huge fan of Nolan's ability to set a mood with soundtrack, setting, and editting.

Yeah, I especially liked how 99% of the film had a music track in the background which massively added to the tone and atmosphere rather than distract you from it.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 12-04-2010 05:51:32 AM
Yeah, I liked that movie too.

I just didn't get the part where all the people said that it was hard to get.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 12-04-2010 04:41:02 PM
quote:
Tarquinn had this to say about pies:
Yeah, I liked that movie too.

Yeah I know...seemed pretty straightforward to me.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 12-04-2010 05:51:11 PM
I didn't see it in theaters with Deth. I had to work the night he saw it. Going to watch the Blu-Ray when we get it, though.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-04-2010 06:45:33 PM
quote:
Tarquinn said:

Imagine the average movie goer as a pigshit-for-brains jock who just likes to stare at pretty explosions and drool all over the floor.

You won't be that far from reality.

Mortious fucked around with this message on 12-04-2010 at 06:46 PM.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 12-05-2010 04:27:16 PM
I don't get the recent hate for the hate for DiCaprio.

The last movies I saw him in were Blood Diamonds, The Departed, and Body of Lies. All of these were great movies. Even Mr. DiCaprio hated the "pretty boy" reputation he revived in his earlier movies. He moved past that and now all of the movies I have seen him in recently have been very entertaining.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 12-05-2010 07:41:08 PM
quote:
Ghost of Forums Past had this to say about Robocop:
I don't get the recent hate for the hate for DiCaprio.

The last movies I saw him in were Blood Diamonds, The Departed, and Body of Lies. All of these were great movies. Even Mr. DiCaprio hated the "pretty boy" reputation he revived in his earlier movies. He moved past that and now all of the movies I have seen him in recently have been very entertaining.

It's not recent hate. Lots of people still just associate him with Titanic and that awful Romeo and Juliet abortion.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 12-05-2010 11:41:10 PM
quote:
Die, Sakkra! You don't belong in this world!
It's not recent hate. Lots of people still just associate him with Titanic and that awful Romeo and Juliet abortion.

This. Plus I hated him on...fuck, what was that TV show he made cameos in back in the 80s?

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Maradon!
posted 12-06-2010 12:27:41 AM
Any time a large number of people tell you something is good, your natural inclination is going to be to hate it.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 12-06-2010 10:54:44 PM
quote:
Densetsu got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
This. Plus I hated him on...fuck, what was that TV show he made cameos in back in the 80s?

Growing Pains

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 12-07-2010 01:31:42 AM
quote:
Die, Lyinar Ka`Bael! You don't belong in this world!
Growing Pains

Yes, thank you.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: