EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: You are not repaired...
Damnati
Filthy
posted 11-23-2010 10:38:45 AM
THE AZEROTH YOU KNEW IS NO MORE!
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 11-23-2010 11:03:11 AM
Goodbye, crappy quests!
Mightion Defensor
posted 11-23-2010 02:58:37 PM
Hmmm... it's probably due to the fact that I haven't logged into the game since before the new forums came out, but it says I have no characters, so I can't post on the WoW forums... prolly not until I actually log into the game, I imagine.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-23-2010 03:00:24 PM
No more interminable Barrens quests? Aww.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

nem-x
posted 11-23-2010 05:32:03 PM
game looks a lot better now
nem-x
posted 11-23-2010 09:46:31 PM
if gilneas doesnt make you want to roll a worgen you are gay irl
Damnati
Filthy
posted 11-23-2010 11:15:31 PM
It would be nice if Worgen actually got to own Gilneas as their home city. Last I checked on the beta, Gilneas was completely abandoned and the Worgen just had this one little tree in Darnassus; apparently the undead learn more about the continuing storyline of Gilneas post starting area than the Worgen do.
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 11-23-2010 11:26:23 PM
Well, the whole of Cataclysm is a big ol' fuck you to alliance. Horde loses what, a barrens tower and a zepplin? Alliance loses Darkshore, the Dam, and a statue (That they are trying to fish out of the water, lawl).
Damnati
Filthy
posted 11-23-2010 11:50:03 PM
quote:
Delphi Aegis stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
Well, the whole of Cataclysm is a big ol' fuck you to alliance. Horde loses what, a barrens tower and a zepplin? Alliance loses Darkshore, the Dam, and a statue (That they are trying to fish out of the water, lawl).

But hey, we got a brand new statue of the Copycat King! Hey, did you know he has the orcish name Lo'Gosh? It means "Lone Wolf", isn't that cool?!

God I hate Varian Wrynn...

Nina
posted 11-24-2010 12:29:06 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Delphi Aegis wrote:
Horde loses what, a barrens tower and a zepplin?

Thrall.

Maradon!
posted 11-24-2010 07:04:14 AM
quote:
Ninaing:
Thrall.

Cairne dies, but then so does Magni.

It's true, though. Nearly every horde city got bigger and more armored. Nearly every alliance city got leveled and relocated to a refugee camp.

Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 11-24-2010 08:50:46 AM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about John Romero:

It's true, though. Nearly every horde city got bigger and more armored. Nearly every alliance city got leveled and relocated to a refugee camp.

Cus Alliance sits around all sipping tea going, "I say Frodorick, does it seem a bit windier indoors these days? Oh my, what has become of the roof?!"

While Horde is all, "Loktar! Let's get this shit fortified, never know when we might have to wage war on a bitch from all over!"

AKA allies suck lawl

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Damnati
Filthy
posted 11-24-2010 01:00:52 PM
quote:
Vallo, the Second Coming had this to say about dark elf butts:
Cus Alliance sits around all sipping tea going, "I say Frodorick, does it seem a bit windier indoors these days? Oh my, what has become of the roof?!"

While Horde is all, "Loktar! Let's get this shit fortified, never know when we might have to wage war on a bitch from all over!"

AKA allies suck lawl

This is generally true. I play Alliance for its greater variety of zone colors and because I have two level 80's I don't want to pay out to faction change. With Thrall gone neutral, Horde isn't nearly as attractive as it used to be.

Peter
Pancake
posted 11-24-2010 04:26:15 PM
quote:
So quoth Maradon!:

Thought Magni is just stoned?

And besides getting old douche Garrosh, you have Sylvanas starting to look like she is loseing touch with the world.

And I haven't looked around much, but I like the expanded Stormwind. Feels a bit bigger and such. The New Westfall looks pretty nice t...poor old blanchy

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 11-24-2010 05:55:38 PM
quote:
Peter had this to say about Tron:

And besides getting old douche Garrosh, you have Sylvanas starting to look like she is loseing touch with the world.

And I haven't looked around much, but I like the expanded Stormwind. Feels a bit bigger and such. The New Westfall looks pretty nice t...poor old blanchy

"Diamonded" actually....

Garrosh is a prick, Sylvanas is a cunt, the Goblins are... well... Goblins.

I expect the real reason for the armored cities is to keep "the new kids" from destroying the place. "You can't spell 'Goblin Engineering' without 'KABOOM'!"

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Maradon!
posted 11-25-2010 02:51:37 AM
quote:
x--PeterO-('-'Q) :

They definitely refer to him as effectively dead in the Cataclysm novel. Anyway they gotta keep the VERY OBVIOUS parity with the deceased Cairne.

Peter
Pancake
posted 12-01-2010 09:29:07 PM
Putzing around in the revamped instances...I really dig putting in raid like mechinics for the bosses, even in the starter instances.
Damnati
Filthy
posted 12-02-2010 12:13:17 AM
quote:
Maradon! stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
They definitely refer to him as effectively dead in the Cataclysm novel. Anyway they gotta keep the VERY OBVIOUS parity with the deceased Cairne.

I never will understand how that works in a world where resurrection after all manner of violent deaths is commonplace.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 12-02-2010 12:14:41 AM
Players faint, NPCs die. Duh!

I choose you, Thrall!

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 12-02-2010 02:35:29 AM
PCs aren´t manly enough to die properly.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Maradon!
posted 12-02-2010 03:51:18 PM
quote:
Kegwening:
Players faint, NPCs die. Duh!

I choose you, Thrall!

Thrall is evolving into a wussy shaman!

Oh fuck BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Damnati
Filthy
posted 12-02-2010 06:34:23 PM
I wonder if Willias, his brother, Vorago, or Tegadil are still around. If any of you are, do you remember back at the beginning of WoW when we played on Zul'jin and Willias found that empty mushroom town behind the centaur village in Desolace? He swore up and down that it would eventually have something in it; while mining iron today, I happened by said town and it is, in fact populated. Shadowbreak Ravine is a base of operations for the Burning Blade now.

Rodent King
Stabbed in the Eye
posted 12-02-2010 10:57:22 PM
I miss being horde, so much.

My guild used to be horde, but then raid-numbers dwindled until we were forced to merge with an Alliance guild who was also having player-issues.

My inner child is bigger than my outer adult.
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 12-03-2010 12:09:27 AM
I blame Khyron for me swapping to alliance.

And now I blame another friend of mine for convincing me I should transfer to the RP server he's on. Haven't raided seriously since BC because of this shit.

Working overnights now doesn't help either. I need to find a raiding guild from .au or something.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Willias
Pancake
posted 12-03-2010 12:30:36 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Damnati wrote:
I wonder if Willias, his brother, Vorago, or Tegadil are still around. If any of you are, do you remember back at the beginning of WoW when we played on Zul'jin and Willias found that empty mushroom town behind the centaur village in Desolace? He swore up and down that it would eventually have something in it; while mining iron today, I happened by said town and it is, in fact populated. Shadowbreak Ravine is a base of operations for the Burning Blade now.

Didn't they add a part of a warlock quest back there?

Whatever, not having done the revamped zone, I imagine it's part of the new Desolace quests.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 12-03-2010 01:15:33 AM
quote:
Willias spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Didn't they add a part of a warlock quest back there?

Whatever, not having done the revamped zone, I imagine it's part of the new Desolace quests.

I have no idea. My warlock is a human and has yet to do a stint as Horde (where my priest started as a blood elf and went through nelf and draenei back to belf).

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-03-2010 02:28:50 AM
Horde is for dorks now.

No more moral grayness. You're either a white-hat butt or a puppy-killer.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 12-03-2010 02:45:17 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Mr. Parcelan wrote:
Horde is for dorks now.

No more moral grayness. You're either a white-hat butt or a puppy-killer.

Motivations for playing Alliance: 1. more variety in terms of zone color palette...okay, that's about it.

Motivations for playing Horde: 1. typing /moo on a Tauren has audio emote...not much here either.

I think the Horde remains more lore-rich than the Alliance but that isn't saying a whole lot. I made the transition back to Horde for the sake of playing with family and friends.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-03-2010 08:48:29 PM
I always liked the Horde because they were a bunch of fuck-ups who knew they were in the crapper, and were aspiring to something greater. Thrall was trying to lead his people and the trolls away from the darkness of their history, Cairne was trying to restore and defend his people from destruction, Sylvanas was trying to find a place in the world for her people following what happened to them. There was something to admire, story-wise. Redemption, finding your way, etc.

These days, it seems like Parce says.

To be honest, despite having a server I played Alliance on, I was never into their overarching story the way I was with the Horde, and I even started tuning out on the Horde once Garrosh started gaining power and I saw how things were going during WotLK

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Maradon!
posted 12-03-2010 09:49:25 PM
While the framework of their backstory is basically identical, Varian and Thrall are fairly different personality wise.

When Moira Bronzebeard returned from Thaurissan and assumed the throne after Magni died, being a tyrant, declaring martial law, and bringing a bunch of dark irons to bust heads around Ironforge, Varian basically rounded up his best SI:7 and stormed over there fully intent on murdering her - the legal and rightful heir to the Ironforge throne and her infant child.

Thrall is an ass kicker, but he's always a level headed, wise, and experienced leader. Varian is much more like a split personality; Half of the time he's an ultraviolent little kid whose first solution to any given problem is to start chopping people in half, the rest of the time he's a neophyte leader, totally uncertain but desperately trying to be benevolent.

To understand Garrosh, just imagine he's any one of a billion little girls out there with enormous daddy issues and then combine that with all of the usual violent Orc tendencies, minus any of the wisdom or intelligence of any other racial leader in the game. Garrosh isn't even smart enough to know that he isn't smart. Thrall only appointed him temporary stewardship of the horde because he's an extremely popular war hero, and if it weren't for a handful of major deus-ex-machina flashes of intelligence, Garrosh would be nothing but a vapid tool.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 12-03-2010 11:03:43 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Maradon! wrote:
Varian is much more like a split personality; Half of the time he's an ultraviolent little kid whose first solution to any given problem is to start chopping people in half, the rest of the time he's a neophyte leader, totally uncertain but desperately trying to be benevolent.

Actually, his personality is magically split.

quote:
When his consciousness was split by Onyxia, so too was his personality. One side retained all of Varian’s manners and etiquette; while the other, Lo'Gosh, retained his skill in battle. Though the two halves were eventually reunited, they did so imperfectly. At times, Lo’Gosh is more dominant, and he is not one to shy away from conflict if he believes it is necessary.

Shitty copycat king is shitty.

Maradon!
posted 12-03-2010 11:50:00 PM
My point is that saying he's like Thrall is doing considerable disservice to Thrall.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-04-2010 04:39:54 PM
Agreed. Kid's a time bomb.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 12-04-2010 06:04:24 PM
Deth and I decided to come back for Cataclysm. We'd been in active since April. Just lost interest, at least on my part. I'm hoping Cataclysm offers me something I want to stay around this time for.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

nem-x
posted 12-04-2010 09:24:42 PM
Peter
Pancake
posted 12-04-2010 10:46:04 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Thrall is an ass kicker, but he's always a level headed, wise, and experienced leader. ....

Dunno, it always kinda shown that Thrall is far from experianced, rather he is quite young to be a leader.

What is different is that compared to the orc norm(even minus the demon blood) he is calm and collective, and very willing to weigh in the advice or his extremly experianced advisors (Voljin Carine, and Saurfang come to mind)

Plus as a shaman his nature is all ready bargening with volitile and flirty aspects of nature to do what he wants(remember lore wise unlike mages and warlocks that bend and break the elements to their wills, shaman bargin and ask the various elements to do their bidding)

To me these have been the biggest reason for Thrall's succes to keeping the peace which the horde has needed to build a solid framework the last five years dispite the termoil of the burning crusade and the lich king.

That being said, Garosh is even younger than thrall, doesn't listen to his advisors(I mean he practacly mocked the goddanm Saurfang in Warsong hold), and even better is from Outland not Azeroth. He is following what is the norm of the orcs out there which is allready abit more savage before you factor in him needing to out do his old man. Granted he has gotten a bit lucky that at least Blaine has inhrited alot fo his old man's wisdom and strenths, But he has pissed off the trolls and now has this crazy undead lady to deal with.

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 12-05-2010 04:13:29 AM
quote:
Tribute? You steal men's nem-xs, and make them your slaves!

Holy fuck, why am I always so poor? Is it because I don't farm hardly at all?

Or because I haven't bothered to capitalize on the burgeoning herb market? Which kinda falls in line with farming...

I'm pretty sure the fact that I suck at the AH factors in somewhere.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Maradon!
posted 12-05-2010 04:17:58 AM
Nem day-trades
nem-x
posted 12-05-2010 04:37:52 AM
Just do glyphs. You can make 1000 gold a day without even trying; 20k if you do.
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 12-05-2010 04:48:32 AM
I don't think that I had ever more than 500 gold to my name in WoW.

But then I quit playing three years ago, and there seems to be quite an inflation.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: