EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Breakfast
Steven Steve
posted 01-06-2009 10:22:30 AM
3 egg omelette with a half cup of onions and jalapeno peppers each, a cup of shredded cheddar cheese, and several heapings of taco sauce.
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 01-06-2009 10:24:41 AM
My wife cooked some italian breakfast sausage and toast with kona coffee and some fresh OJ.
Steven Steve
posted 01-06-2009 10:34:02 AM
OH MA GA THERE'S KONA COFFEE IN THE FRIDGE RIGHT NEXT TO THE JALAPENOS I USED. WHAT THE FUCK.

Also I just had some black tea (which I was expecting to be green) to drink.

Steven Steve fucked around with this message on 01-06-2009 at 10:34 AM.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."

Skaw
posted 01-06-2009 10:45:59 AM
quote:
Steven Steve had this to say about Punky Brewster:
OH MA GA THERE'S KONA COFFEE IN THE FRIDGE RIGHT NEXT TO THE JALAPENOS I USED. WHAT THE FUCK.

You're Blindy's wife.

Game Over.

Steven Steve
posted 01-06-2009 11:05:15 AM
No... NO

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-06-2009 11:13:36 AM
I had a glass of OJ and a banana.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Blindy.
posted 01-06-2009 11:41:09 AM
MWHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHA!!!
Blindy.
posted 01-06-2009 11:41:48 AM
Also get your coffee out of the fridge and put it in an air-tight light-proof container. What the fuck.
Blindy.
posted 01-06-2009 11:42:15 AM
I mean, respect the bean man.
Greenlit
posted 01-06-2009 12:03:39 PM
Egg fried rice and a glass of milk.
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 01-06-2009 12:05:07 PM
Breakfast consisted of OJ and eggs benedict, though the hollandaise I made was a bit thin. Dinner shall be "bbq" pulled pork shoulder (done in the crockpot, I know it's not real barbeque but WHATEVS) with corn on the cob and biscuits. It is a good day to be fat.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-06-2009 12:19:30 PM
Cereal and milk.

It's always cereal and milk.

Always.

Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 01-06-2009 12:38:24 PM
I don't eat breakfast.
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 01-06-2009 01:29:32 PM
a "loca mocha" Java Monster on my way to teach, a glass of OJ when I got back, and now I'm gonna have english muffins, probably.

I hate waking up late.

Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 01-06-2009 02:27:40 PM
2 pieces of toast with peanut butter, a banana and hot chocolate.
Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 01-06-2009 02:43:00 PM
A gallon of water
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 01-06-2009 04:03:05 PM
I ate breakfast at the Brit Cafe today: one egg over easy, toast, Canadian bacon, rather gnarly sausages, and baked beans. With tea and a scone, of course.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Steven Steve
posted 01-06-2009 04:13:11 PM
What a British breakfast. Did you have black pudding as well?

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 01-06-2009 05:07:35 PM
quote:
Verily, the chocolate bunny rabbits doth run and play while Steven Steve gently hums:
What a British breakfast. Did you have black pudding as well?

I'm a rich American; there are parts of animals I simply don't have to eat.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 01-06-2009 05:38:53 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about dark elf butts:

Pfft, everyone knows rich people only eat the trash parts of the animal.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 01-06-2009 06:29:54 PM
If you visit I'll make you a full english breakfast.

... from a tin.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 01-06-2009 06:38:13 PM
Two packets of oatmeal and water. Always two packets of oatmeal and water .

quote:
Bloodsage attempted to be funny by writing:

You are currently a Col. That means unless your wife is well off, you aren't rich, just very comfortable. You'll be rich once you retire and get your government pay coupled with your insanely high private sector salary.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 01-06-2009 at 06:39 PM.

Maradon!
posted 01-06-2009 06:40:08 PM
Last saturday I tried that trick where you make an omelet by putting all the ingredients into a ziplock bag, then boiling it.

It doesn't fucking work. The bag melts and the egg was uncooked in the center. I salvaged it by tearing off the bag and just tossing the mess into a frying pan.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 01-06-2009 at 06:40 PM.

Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 01-06-2009 06:43:19 PM
quote:
How.... Maradon!.... uughhhhhh:
Last saturday I tried that trick where you make an omelet by putting all the ingredients into a ziplock bag, then boiling it.

It doesn't fucking work. The bag melts and the egg was uncooked in the center. I salvaged it by tearing off the bag and just tossing the mess into a frying pan.

How hard is it to make an omelet normally? What was the supposed benefit of trying this method?

edit: There are certain plastics (mainly the malleable ones) you really don't want to boil.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 01-06-2009 at 06:44 PM.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 01-06-2009 06:53:04 PM
One of my co-workers called and woke me up at 1pm, so we went to lunch at the restaurant we work at. I had half a pepperoni bread, some italian chilli, and like 4 bites of an eggplant parmagiania before deciding I was about to be sick from eating so much.
Maradon!
posted 01-06-2009 06:54:15 PM
quote:
x--Ghost of Forums PastO-('-'Q) :
How hard is it to make an omelet normally? What was the supposed benefit of trying this method?

edit: There are certain plastics (mainly the malleable ones) you really don't want to boil.

The benefit is that you can make as many omelets as you can fit into a pot, all in about 10 minutes. Also, putting things into a bag and boiling it is a bit less involved than actually wielding a spatula.

I only tried one, but there's no reason why you couldn't throw six or ten into a pot all to cook at the same time. Massive time saving.

Really, it should work, you just need to make small 2 egg omelets instead of the big 3 egg one I tried. That way it'd cook faster and the bag wouldn't melt (the bag was fine until the very end).

Damnati
Filthy
posted 01-06-2009 08:45:22 PM
quote:
Maradon! was listening to Cher while typing:
The benefit is that you can make as many omelets as you can fit into a pot, all in about 10 minutes. Also, putting things into a bag and boiling it is a bit less involved than actually wielding a spatula.

I only tried one, but there's no reason why you couldn't throw six or ten into a pot all to cook at the same time. Massive time saving.

Really, it should work, you just need to make small 2 egg omelets instead of the big 3 egg one I tried. That way it'd cook faster and the bag wouldn't melt (the bag was fine until the very end).

Actually, try it in the oven. There are various recipes online for the purpose and they come out really well that way.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Steven Steve
posted 01-06-2009 08:49:51 PM
Perhaps you could try double bagging or putting the contents into a steam bag and microwaving them also.

Greenlit
posted 01-06-2009 08:54:13 PM
Or lowering the temperature of the water until it is not quite enough to melt the bag. However this would increase your cooking time.
Greenlit
posted 01-06-2009 08:54:26 PM
Or cooking like a real man.
Greenlit
posted 01-06-2009 08:54:41 PM
This does remind me I need to find a cheap wok.
Ghost of Forums Past
Pancake
posted 01-06-2009 08:57:36 PM
While I'm assuming you know the obvious issue with boiling ziploc bags, here's a link in case you don't.

tldr; Water boils at 212. Bag breaks down and leaks toxic chemicals at (approx) 195.

Ghost of Forums Past fucked around with this message on 01-06-2009 at 09:00 PM.

Number 1 Poster
posted 01-06-2009 09:06:38 PM
Either two plates of spaghetti or two plates of elbow macaroni with a can of tuna fish and a can of cream of mushroom soup mixed together. Everyday for the last 2 years.
Maradon!
posted 01-06-2009 10:11:05 PM
quote:
x--Ghost of Forums PastO-('-'Q) :
While I'm assuming you know the obvious issue with boiling ziploc bags, here's a link in case you don't.

tldr; Water boils at 212. Bag breaks down and leaks toxic chemicals at (approx) 195.

You use the sandwich size freezer bags. They're made from a different plastic and don't melt.

The regular bags don't really melt anyway. Ziploc is just covering their ass.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 01-06-2009 10:21:41 PM
quote:
And now, we sprinkle Sakkra liberally with Old Spice!
Pfft, everyone knows rich people only eat the trash parts of the animal.

It's true. Why do you think lobster is so goddamned expensive? What sensible person would pay all that money to eat a giant bug, unless the rich made it trendy to do so?

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 01-06-2009 10:30:01 PM
My breakfast consists either of Fiber One cereal, All Bran cereal or Oatmeal Bars (High Fiber).
Maradon!
posted 01-06-2009 11:13:13 PM
Lobster is goddamn delicious
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 01-06-2009 11:20:32 PM
Goddamn I want some lobster now.

Sakkra fucked around with this message on 01-06-2009 at 11:22 PM.

Maradon!
posted 01-07-2009 12:23:37 AM
Goddamn
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 01-07-2009 01:11:15 AM
Banana. Same as every day.

Granted, after my first class I ate two pieces of toast over which I had dumped the rest of the refried bean and meat burrito filling I had. Plus two slices of cheese and a shit ton of Tapatio and cabbage.

Small breakfast, big brunch.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: