EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Wii games for old people
Zair
The Imp
posted 12-14-2008 12:28:34 AM
My dad has a wii, but he barely ever really plays it. He has been looking for a new game (he has only one right now, I think).

I was thinking of getting him one for Christmas, but I don't have a Wii or know about the games.

A few years ago, I gave him my N64. He would pretty much play Goldeneye and Rogue Squadron over and over. He likes games where he can shoot stuff, or fly around and shoot stuff.

Does Wii actually have any good first person shooter games out? Nothing ridiculously hard though.

He told me that the Wii Call of Duty that is being advertised looks fun. I looked it up and the metacritic rating is decent. Anyone actually play it?

Vallo, the Second Coming
Pancake
posted 12-14-2008 01:01:16 AM
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles is a pretty good shooter, much simpler and more basic than Call of Duty.

I haven't played the Wii version, but CoD is a pretty fantastic shooter. Extensive, realistic armories, comparatively free movement around and over objects, large levels to explore.

If he likes more complex games CoD would probably go over very well. If he's not the type to learn all the details of his method of time wasting, Resident Evil is basically a much-improved House of the Dead.

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special."
Zair
The Imp
posted 12-14-2008 01:12:13 AM
No, simpler is definitely better than complex.

I'm pretty sure on Goldeneye he didn't even bother with the story mode and objectives. He just went to my unlocked file and messed around shooting guys in the opened levels.

Not sure about rail shooters. I'll think about RE: Umbrella, I actually played that one a few months ago.

Captain Tarquinn
Don't Ask
posted 12-14-2008 03:55:37 AM
The soon to be released Conduit looks good.
"A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
Timpofee
Mancake
posted 12-15-2008 10:24:19 AM
Boom Blox!
Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 12-16-2008 11:51:02 AM
I've given to understand that House Of The Dead is good times, as far as Wii railshooting goes.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: