EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: ff7 crisis core
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 03-29-2008 01:22:15 AM
this shit is hella boring

the story is nice in closing gaps, but the combat is like a lame as hell kingdom hearts/monster hunter

plus if you do the side shit to any degree, you completely break the game. i just beat a boss in three hits.

Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 03-29-2008 04:27:00 AM
besides all that, how are the graphics?
Maradon!
posted 03-29-2008 02:10:22 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Ferret booooze lime pole over bench lick:
plus if you do the side shit to any degree, you completely break the game. i just beat a boss in three hits.

This is different from any final fantasy how?

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 03-29-2008 02:13:35 PM
quote:
Trent had this to say about the Spice Girls:
besides all that, how are the graphics?

It's pretty, cutscenes are advent children quality.

quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Maradon! was all like:
This is different from any final fantasy how?

Normally you can't do that to the first boss.

Maradon!
posted 03-29-2008 02:38:44 PM
quote:
Over the mountain, in between the ups and downs, I ran into Ferret who doth quote:

Depends on how much powerleveling you do!

Greenlit
posted 03-29-2008 03:23:09 PM
quote:
Ferret had this to say about pies:

Haha, let's ask Miluda about getting her face punched in, shall we?

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 03-29-2008 09:22:24 PM
K, now that I'm mostly sober...

There is pretty much nothing to this game. If you played FF7 and had unanswered questions, you may like it. Other than that, it's basically just bad combat and fan wanking question answering. Every combat is either I get one-shotted by an instant death spell bullshit, or I don't get touched by the enemy. Hell, every attack you make from behind crits.

There's the normal "Talk to everyone to get info" bullshit, but since you can't travel to new areas you're basically talking to random people who show up at Shinra HQ. Not only that, but talking to some people unlocks new missions (the side leveling shit) so you pretty much have to talk to everyone if you want to get those done.

The materia Fusion system you can unlock is easy as hell to abuse. Almost as easy as Junctioning was. You can fuse two materia together to upgrade stats on them. Yeah, equipping materia affects your stats, I have a steal materia with something like 200% hp up, retarded. I was working on a massively retarded amount of Atk up on my curaga materia, but I'm like 10 hours in and already doing max most of the time so I just went fuck it.

Knowing how the plot is going to end up is disheartening too. All characters I like are the ones who aren't in FF7, and I know they're pretty much all fucked so it's really goddamn annoying. Fuck off Aerith (Yeah, they made it th) I like Cissnei so much more.

Overall I'd say like 7/10. I'm kind of colored by playing Monster Hunter Freedom 2 for like the last month, and this game is a slower version of that with a fill in the blanks plot. If you thought Kingdom Hearts was fast paced and confusing, ie you're a retard, this game will be perfect for you.

Ferret fucked around with this message on 03-29-2008 at 09:24 PM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: