EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Arrr there mateys!!!!!
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 12-06-2007 01:10:25 AM
So, Pirates of the Burning Sea. Anyone else get in on the beta/stress test? I can't speak for others, but this could possibly get me back into on-line gaming and perhaps break my crippling Sims 2 addiction.

Yes, I know SOE is putting it out, but still, it's PIRATES fercryinoutloud. How can that not be totally awesome? As long as I can buckle some swashs and wemch me some buxom tavern wenches or beautiful governor's daughters, it's all good.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Alberd
Pancake
posted 12-06-2007 02:09:36 AM
I've had a beta account for like two or three months now, but whenever I tried to start up the game it gave me some sort of error about the physics library not initializing or some shit, so I just gave up on it. I really should try to see if maybe I can get it to work again though. Game looked fun.
To live by the sword is to die by the sword.
Honor those who honor thee, be merciful to those who show thee mercy.
To those who offend thee and thine, show no mercy.
Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 12-06-2007 02:30:10 AM
quote:
Callalron thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
So, Pirates of the Burning Sea. Anyone else get in on the beta/stress test? I can't speak for others, but this could possibly get me back into on-line gaming and perhaps break my crippling Sims 2 addiction.

Yes, I know SOE is putting it out, but still, it's PIRATES fercryinoutloud. How can that not be totally awesome? As long as I can buckle some swashs and wemch me some buxom tavern wenches or beautiful governor's daughters, it's all good.

It's star wars, how can they fuck it up.... *cry*

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 12-06-2007 08:39:18 PM
quote:
It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh! I was called here by Y.O.T.C who wishes to pay me tribute!
It's star wars, how can they fuck it up.... *cry*

It's hardly fair to blame SOE so heavily considering that Lucasarts still signed off on everything that they did.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-06-2007 09:15:44 PM
Yeah, LucasArts is mostly to blame. They forced the changes on SOE since Star Wars as a whole was marketed as more of a cuddly happy hello kitty universe to appeal to a new generation of kids.

*vomits a little bit into his mouth*

.. anyway, that's why I love EVE Online. CCP hold all the rights to the brand name when they bought it back from the initial publisher (who they hated). No one tells them what to do.

Gork
Pancake
posted 12-07-2007 06:06:48 AM
Got it, Trying to download it (The patcher seems to be shady.)

Having trouble coming up with a good pirate name.

I was thinking Xbeard where X is any adjective that is not likely to describe a beard.

ex: Angstybeard

Another Unsolved Mystery is goin' down in history.
Mooj
Scorned Fanboy
posted 12-07-2007 08:19:42 AM
Syphilisbeard.

... By god, it does work.

Maradon!
posted 12-07-2007 03:21:48 PM
Noodlebeard

The Crispy Claw

Captain Delightful

Gardez L'eau

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-07-2007 05:12:08 PM
Guybrush Threepwood.

Go on, you know you want to.

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 12-07-2007 05:39:54 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Mortious was all like:
Guybrush Threepwood.

Go on, you know you want to.

Moist Von Lipwig

Greenlit
posted 12-07-2007 07:27:01 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Dr. Gee was all like:
Moist Von Lipwig

Not a fucking pirate at all.

Greenlit
posted 12-07-2007 07:27:25 PM
In fact you're retarded for even considering it.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 12-08-2007 05:24:56 PM
Yellowbeard!

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-08-2007 05:29:43 PM
i saw this game in the demo/preorder bonus cabinet at gamestop and said wow that looks retarded

so it's an MMO?

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 12-08-2007 05:46:23 PM
quote:
Tribute? You steal men's Mortiouss, and make them your slaves!
Yeah, LucasArts is mostly to blame. They forced the changes on SOE since Star Wars as a whole was marketed as more of a cuddly happy hello kitty universe to appeal to a new generation of kids.

*vomits a little bit into his mouth*

.. anyway, that's why I love EVE Online. CCP hold all the rights to the brand name when they bought it back from the initial publisher (who they hated). No one tells them what to do.

Wasn't EVE based on the Darkspace engine originally? Or am I just off my kilter?

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-08-2007 06:27:27 PM
No, the engine is in-house built and is called Trinity. The new graphics engine is Trinity 2. Everything in EVE is owned exclusively by CCP.

Which will make the upcoming World of Darkness MMO all the more awesome, since Whitewolf is now a partner with CCP and they can get it the way they want it without publishers fucking them up the ass.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: