EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: EVE Online: Trinity
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-27-2007 05:27:56 AM
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-27-2007 06:09:31 AM
For people who have absolutely no idea what this is, CCP (the creator and owner of EVE Online) have spent their time this year in remodeling and retexturing about 600 unique ingame models, as well as completely rewriting the existing DX8 code to update it for DX9.0c with shader model 3. This is a drastic revamp of the entire game engine and brings the now old (2003 release) game up to modern standards. Backgrounds, weapon effects, and planets are being revamped too and will be released probably next year along with the walking in stations upgrade.

On DX8, the game was run completely from the CPU as emulated 3D. This made it very limited and it would lag when lots were on screen at once. They've shunted most of the work now to the GPU, where it should be, and people on the test server have reported little to no graphical lag or latency lag due to less data being "bursted" when things eventually load.

Oh, and it's totally free. Just like every EVE expansion.

Now excuse me while I set the HD version on a loop and go back to

Mortious fucked around with this message on 11-27-2007 at 06:14 AM.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 11-27-2007 06:23:33 AM
When will it be released?

Think I might come back for a while.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 11-27-2007 08:45:05 AM
I've tried to get into that game like 3 times and failed, but the graphics were never the problem. What else are they doing?
Tarquinn
posted 11-27-2007 10:30:34 AM
quote:
Blindy. had this to say about John Romero:
I've tried to get into that game like 3 times and failed, but the graphics were never the problem. What else are they doing?

Stuff.

Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 11-27-2007 01:48:51 PM
So who plays where now, I'm thinking of getting back in when this comes out.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-27-2007 01:55:56 PM
quote:
Y.O.T.C said:
So who plays where now, I'm thinking of getting back in when this comes out.

I helped set up a brand new alliance from an existing corp and our friends. We're also globally allied to such big boy names as Frege Alliance and several others.

Come join the party.

Maradon!
posted 11-27-2007 05:47:52 PM
It's been a bit since I logged on last. I lost two battleships in a row when some space faggots invaded our drone ratting area and I been kinda pouting over it ever since.
Alberd
Pancake
posted 11-28-2007 01:23:42 AM
I still play, ratting drones with Maradon. Haven't had much time to log in lately, so I was fortunate enough to not lose any of my battleships to said space faggots.
To live by the sword is to die by the sword.
Honor those who honor thee, be merciful to those who show thee mercy.
To those who offend thee and thine, show no mercy.
Kaglaaz How'ler
Pancake
posted 11-28-2007 08:35:42 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Mortious wrote:
I helped set up a brand new alliance from an existing corp and our friends. We're also globally allied to such big boy names as Frege Alliance and several others.

Come join the party.

This large coalition is currently about 8 alliances and almost 30 corporations not currently in an alliance. The one large scale battle I was in was a total blast! I got the killing blow on a battleship but then promptly got my Battlecruiser blown out of the sky. The corp we're in has folks from the USA, Canada and Europe so there's always folks online.

Mort's right! Come join the party!

I wish I had more time to play, but I'm in the middle of trying to sell my house and buying a new place.

http://www.bloodfin.net
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-28-2007 08:37:03 PM
The Trinity update is now officially slated for the 5th December and will take an entire day to roll out.

It'll be available to the players from the 6th December at 0200 GMT.

Tarquinn
posted 11-29-2007 05:24:48 AM
Well, guess I'll be there then.
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 11-29-2007 08:29:35 AM
If it actually fixes the crippling fleet lag issues then I might come back in a month or two when I have money again.
Maradon!
posted 11-29-2007 10:30:17 AM
12 days to large hybrid 5! woohoo!

tech 2 rails here I comes

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-29-2007 10:33:24 AM
quote:
Maradon! said:
12 days to large hybrid 5! woohoo!

tech 2 rails here I comes

T2 large guns are fucking awesome. I use T2 large pulse lasers with scorch crystals, hitting out to 50k (considering pulses are short range weapons) for massive thermal damage is seriously ftw.

Tears anyone not hardened for EM or Thermal into itty bitty shreds.

Razortooth Gnome
The Artist Formerly Known As Anklebiter
posted 11-29-2007 01:22:52 PM
I can't use t2 crystals as ammo in my Inty, the tracking slow down too much. Not that small guns do any real damage.

Razortooth Gnome fucked around with this message on 11-29-2007 at 01:23 PM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-29-2007 02:16:15 PM
I won't be using T2 ammo forever, I'm going to move to T2 Tachyon beam cannons but you need Advanced Weapon Upgrades 5 to fit them.

Those guns with Amarr Navy Multifrequency L crystals in them do omgwtfbbq damage with still awesome range.

Maradon!
posted 11-29-2007 05:58:34 PM
Megathron tracking bonus ftw
Tarquinn
posted 12-03-2007 11:21:08 AM
Is CCP offering a special deal for subscribers to (re-)invite friends, so that they both will get some time for free, like in WoW?
Demos
Pancake
posted 12-03-2007 05:17:36 PM
I really should get back into eve, with WHO being delayed. I had just finished intys and had a 'geddon outfitted for tanking when my app to goonfleet was denied and I just kinda stopped playin. Mort, how big are fleet ops in your alliance? I'd love to get back into things.
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-03-2007 06:17:14 PM
quote:
Demos said:
Mort, how big are fleet ops in your alliance? I'd love to get back into things.

We're pretty new to the whole alliance thing so we don't do any yet, but we are in low sec now (no longer Empire carebears) so there's still PvP to be had.

Tarquinn
posted 12-03-2007 06:36:20 PM
So, does no one know, or is the answer simply no and nobody bothers to answer?
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-03-2007 06:46:31 PM
As far as I know? Nope.

But look around on the EVE site and you might find something. They do have trials.

Tarquinn
posted 12-03-2007 06:52:37 PM
Yeah, but the trial does not work if I want to reactivate my account.

Guess I'll wait for the release of Trinity. After last add-on they were offering special deals if you reactivated your account. If that does not happen, I'll have to pay their regular fee.

Thanks Mort.

Maradon!
posted 12-03-2007 07:29:38 PM
For those breaking into the game, the following are absolute must-use pages and utilities:

EVE Fitting Tool
A tool that allows you to theorycraft ships. It accounts for skills, ship bonuses, implants, and anything else that will affect your ship's loadout. Also gives you a rough subjective idea of it's DPS and tankability. Considering the sheer complexity of the interactions when dealing with multiple, often stacking modifiers, it's pretty much humanly impossible to know what will and will not fit onto your ship without this.

EVEmon
Created by our own Drysart, I honestly think EVEmon is more useful for the item and ship database than anything else. It also notifies you of when your skills finish training even when you're out of game, lets you create a long-term training plan and tells you when to interject new levels of learning skills to speed your training. Do nothing without consulting it first.

Battle Clinic
especially the agent locater, if you're into that sort of thing.

InEve
Magelo for EVE

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 12-03-2007 at 07:30 PM.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 12-03-2007 07:33:44 PM
quote:
Maradon! got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
For those breaking into the game, the following are absolute must-use pages and utilities:

EVEmon
Created by our own Drysart, I honestly think EVEmon is more useful for the item and ship database than anything else. It also notifies you of when your skills finish training even when you're out of game, lets you create a long-term training plan and tells you when to interject new levels of learning skills to speed your training. Do nothing without consulting it first.

Didn't these boards and EVE players in general get all bitchy when someone mentions that Drysart made EVEmon, considering that he abandoned it and it's been mostly rebuilt by others?

Maradon!
posted 12-03-2007 07:45:33 PM
quote:
Peanut butter ass Shaq Delphi Aegis booooze lime pole over bench lick:
Didn't these boards and EVE players in general get all bitchy when someone mentions that Drysart made EVEmon, considering that he abandoned it and it's been mostly rebuilt by others?

He abandoned it, but that doesn't change the fact that he created it.

Maradon! fucked around with this message on 12-03-2007 at 07:46 PM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-03-2007 07:48:20 PM
He created it, yeah, but they had to take it apart and recode it from the ground up because he abandoned them without notification. Very, very, little of his code still exists in it.

They probably just left his name in there as a nod.

Gork
Pancake
posted 12-04-2007 05:42:04 AM
And because its copyrighted?
Another Unsolved Mystery is goin' down in history.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-04-2007 08:34:57 AM
That too.

I wonder what Drys is up to these days anyway, and why he hasn't closed these forums.

Maradon!
posted 12-04-2007 08:54:30 AM
quote:
x--MortiousO-('-'Q) :
That too.

I wonder what Drys is up to these days anyway, and why he hasn't closed these forums.

He probably uses the domain for other stuff, and the forums are unobtrusive enough that they can stay up.

Tarquinn
posted 12-04-2007 12:38:14 PM
quote:
Maradon! thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:

EVE Fitting Tool
A tool that allows you to theorycraft ships. It accounts for skills, ship bonuses, implants, and anything else that will affect your ship's loadout. Also gives you a rough subjective idea of it's DPS and tankability. Considering the sheer complexity of the interactions when dealing with multiple, often stacking modifiers, it's pretty much humanly impossible to know what will and will not fit onto your ship without this.

EVEmon

Battle Clinic
especially the agent locater, if you're into that sort of thing.

InEve
Magelo for EVE

Cool, thanks again.

Do you know of a site that has pictures of all the ships? The official site seems to have only the stats.

Edit: Nevermind, found one.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message on 12-04-2007 at 12:42 PM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-04-2007 12:44:15 PM
Haha, holy shit, Tachyon II beam cannons with Amarr Navy Multifrequency L's have insane dps and volley damage. I never realised just how much until I farted about with the EVE fitting tool.

You need maxed capacitor skills and advanced weapon upgrades V just to even fire them though.

Tarquinn
posted 12-06-2007 06:49:23 AM
So what are the names of our current EO players? Is the EC channel still active?

I'll return today with my Caldari "Teclis van'Dreike".

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-06-2007 07:20:08 AM
Kavol Valarius

But that's in my sig too so everyone knows who the heck I am. You can come join my noob-friendly guild Tarq. If I can't catch you online then I'll send you an eve-mail with all the details.

Maradon!
posted 12-06-2007 07:45:30 AM
My goonfleet character is Chackly
Tarquinn
posted 12-06-2007 08:44:32 AM
Whoa, guess I'll have to run the tutorial again before doing anything.

Thanks for the offer, Mort. I'll look you up (as soon as I remember how to do that.)

Or I could join Goonfleet. Hmmm.

Edit: My Punisher looks really nice now. No more free floating wing tips.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message on 12-06-2007 at 08:45 AM.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-06-2007 10:06:13 AM
Depends what you want to do. If you want to carebear it up, come join me, if you want a bit of PvP, go join Goonfleet. Despite them having a reputation, most of them are actually nice to talk to.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-06-2007 11:41:28 AM
Picture for Tarq.

Razortooth Gnome
The Artist Formerly Known As Anklebiter
posted 12-06-2007 03:43:31 PM
Make sure your Boot.ini is backed up before you install, or are able to make a new one before you shut your machine down. I just had to do a fix.

edit: added link

Razortooth Gnome fucked around with this message on 12-06-2007 at 03:48 PM.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: