EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Poor John McCain.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-01-2007 01:28:28 PM
Sucking up to fundamentalists this late in the game is probably a futile gesture.

And a transcript of the interview in question.

I dunno, this sort of pandering just seems sad, to me. But then again, it'll probably help.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 10-01-2007 02:27:19 PM
McCaine always starts strong with the moral, moderate high ground, but eventually ends up sucking up to people to garner support. And yet, time and again, he keeps running, keeps intervening, despite being ancient, despite the odds against him, despite the fact that he's never won before and never will win...

...he's like the Little Engine that Could.

Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 10-01-2007 02:29:32 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan was naked while typing this:
McCaine always starts strong with the moral, moderate high ground, but eventually ends up sucking up to people to garner support. And yet, time and again, he keeps running, keeps intervening, despite being ancient, despite the odds against him, despite the fact that he's never won before and never will win...

...he's like the Little Engine that couldn't.

Fixt.

"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Maradon!
posted 10-01-2007 06:03:12 PM
Wait wait wait wait

This late in the game? The freaking primaries aren't for another half a year almost. The presidential election is more than a full year away. WTF?

Maradon!
posted 10-01-2007 06:05:19 PM
Also, John McCain sucks and I hate him.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 10-02-2007 07:47:51 AM
McCain has, ironically, pointed out his own flaws in the past. When he doesn't stick to his guns, he fails big time. Not that latching on to the surge was a fantastic political move, but even then...dunno. Nice guy, bad decisions.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 10-02-2007 08:55:41 PM
With the provincial elections coming soon, We've only been exposed to political muck raking and lame promises for the last two months. You guys have to listen to this for another whole year. Sucks for you.
"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Maradon!
posted 10-02-2007 09:18:56 PM
quote:
Lechiuming:
With the provincial elections coming soon, We've only been exposed to political muck raking and lame promises for the last two months. You guys have to listen to this for another whole year. Sucks for you.

It being an election year just means we get to hear about 5% more political bullshit than usual. What we do hear is a little more shrill, though.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: