EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Do you work for the weekend?
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 09-22-2006 01:48:55 PM
Obviously, freeloading bitches and the unemployable need not apply.

Me, I totally do. I've already checked out, and I'm just waiting for five PM or so. Then it's drinking, sex, and colonoscopies until Monday.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Sean
posted 09-22-2006 02:06:51 PM
I work weekends.

I cannot wait to get the fuck out of this job.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 09-22-2006 02:10:07 PM
Most of the time, I look forward to the weekends. Also, I tend to keep busy after work, so at times I'm really looking forward to running out the door in the evening. However, if I'm thoroughly engrossed in a project, I don't mind clocking the hours. My weekend plans have been worthwhile more often of late than they were a couple years ago.
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 09-22-2006 02:26:07 PM
I work Saturday-Monday and do nothing at all for the rest of the week. I suppose I could complain if not for the fact that I my job consists of sitting behind a counter and occasionally taking people's money; yeah, the days are ten hours long, but I get paid $10 and hour so the guaranteed 6 hours of overtime a week is nice.
Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Sean
posted 09-22-2006 02:32:20 PM
quote:
Damnati probably says this to all the girls:
I work Saturday-Monday

6 hours of overtime a week is nice.

Does not compute.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Kinanik
Upset about being titless
posted 09-22-2006 02:54:08 PM
In some states, overtime is paid after 40 hours of work a week, or after 8 hours of work a day. 3 days x 10 hrs, 2 hrs per day overtime.
Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 09-22-2006 03:03:22 PM
I work 12 hour shifts, and work every other weekend. (Friday-Sunday)

I also have a three day weekend every other week. (Off Friday-Sunday)

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-22-2006 03:07:09 PM
Unfortunately, I don't have the option. Not that I could really handle working a job I didn't care that much about. But at some point a while back I stopped working for "the Man" and became "the Man." So things are a bit different from this side of the desk.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Ares
posted 09-22-2006 04:15:49 PM
quote:
Sean's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
I work weekends.

Damnati
Filthy
posted 09-22-2006 04:29:35 PM
quote:
Verily, Sean doth proclaim:
Does not compute.

As Kinanik said, California law is that you get overtime pay if you work more than 40 hours in a week or 8 hours in a day.

Damnati fucked around with this message on 09-22-2006 at 04:30 PM.

Love is hard, harder than steel and thrice as cruel. It is as inexorable as the tides and life and death alike follow in its wake. -Phèdre nó Delaunay, Kushiel's Chosen

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java the thoughts aquire speed, the teeth acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 09-22-2006 04:58:02 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Bloodsage wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't have the option. Not that I could really handle working a job I didn't care that much about. But at some point a while back I stopped working for "the Man" and became "the Man." So things are a bit different from this side of the desk.

Are you a skipper now?

I dont work for the weekend. I set my sights on liberty, since weekends are never guarenteed for me. I calculated it a while back, and I work an average of 65 to 75 hours per week.

Somehow, it doesnt seem like that much.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 09-22-2006 06:07:43 PM
Depends. In general, I really like my job so it doesn't matter when the weekend gets here. But if I'm having an especially sucky week or I have big plans for Saturday...then I do.
"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 09-22-2006 06:09:36 PM
I work for the weekend. We usually get overtime we get bitched at for not taking (logic being we get X number of samples in a day and since they have a turnaround time, they have to be logged the day we get them in), so while that's nice it also severely cuts into my personal time. So yeah, I live for the weekends, I live for holidays, I live for vacation and personal days I take off.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 09-22-2006 06:19:36 PM
I live for Sunday, unless I have homework. I have Astronomy again this semester bright and early Saturday morning. I have my first test on spectrums and thermonuclear fusion tomorrow, in fact, and it's supposed to storm here. Really looking forward to being out in nasty weather. Yay.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

tFUCKING RETARD
Pancake
posted 09-22-2006 07:05:13 PM
I work weekends and enjoy my job. Pay sucks though.
There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive.
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 09-22-2006 07:54:57 PM
I usually, but not always, work weekends.

Luckily I have this Sunday off

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 09-22-2006 08:23:45 PM
Hells, yeah!

After dealing with the horror show that is our customer base for five straight days, I'm dying to blow that taco stand and I *WILL* run over anyone stupid enough to get in my way heading out of the parking lot.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Death of Rats
Pancake
posted 09-22-2006 08:45:19 PM
In Russia, The weekend works for you!

...I want to move to Russia now.

A particularly crafty sea lion is befuddling the Army Corps of Engineers, who have come to believe the 1,000-pound mammal is either from hell -- or from Harvard.
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 09-22-2006 10:53:57 PM
When I was in school I worked every weekend for like 4 years solid, now at my current job the concept of weekends is foreign to me, most of the time I am not even really sure what day it is, days are just whether I am working or not, heh.

Weekends being busier than weekdays I can't even recall the last time I had a single day off on a weekend, let alone two days in a row on a weekend

Ryuujin
posted 09-23-2006 03:35:00 AM
quote:
Sean painfully thought these words up:
I work weekends.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 09-23-2006 03:43:53 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Sean wrote:
I work weekends.

Norim Stumpfighter
Milkmaid
posted 09-23-2006 02:04:45 PM
quote:
Sean got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
I work weekends.

qft

Anakha
my standards skyrocket when im on my keyboard heh
posted 09-23-2006 02:13:57 PM
Im at work right now!
"Buzz Beer, the beer of attainable women!"
"You try balancing a cow on the end of a fencepost to wield it like a club. Thats a physical damn challenge!"
"The only problem i have is too much aggro."
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: