EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Poll: Which RHPS character are you?
Author
Topic: Take a jump to the left...
Vernaltemptress
Withered and Alone
posted 09-13-2005 07:51:33 PM
So have you seen RHPS or are you as clueless as leckie claims?

What's your history with the RHPS? How many times have you seen it in the theater? Have you acted a part? What part? What's your favorite line?

Obamanomics: spend, tax, and borrow.
Ares
posted 09-13-2005 07:55:24 PM
I own the DVD. I've been wanting to see it everytime I go to NYC off broadway, but I havn't had the chance yet.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 09-13-2005 08:01:15 PM
I never saw the appeal in watching a musical performed by transvestites.
Ares
posted 09-13-2005 08:02:11 PM
quote:
Mortious was listening to Cher while typing:
I never saw the appeal in watching a musical performed by transvestites.

It's funny?

Tim Curry in drag. com'on.. Who DOESN'T want to see that?

Mightion Defensor
posted 09-13-2005 08:09:03 PM
Hey, Frank! What's your favorite color?

Hey, Frank! Where do you get your cocaine?

LeMiere
posted 09-13-2005 08:11:34 PM
I believe I'm going to an RHPS production October, in Tucson. I will be dressed as Rocky.
Goma
Pancake
posted 09-13-2005 08:24:18 PM
I've only ever seen it on video cassette. Sadly, never in theatres or as a play, though they do put it on here once or twice a year at various locations.

If I were to be anybody I would probably be Riff-Raff.

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 09-13-2005 08:36:04 PM
They put on a performance special for all the NYU freshmen.

I forgot to bring rice, toast, a newspaper, etc.

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Bloodcookie
Pancake
posted 09-13-2005 08:47:54 PM
A touring troupe put on a production at my college. I didn't dress up, because it was on short notice, and I don't own any women's underwear

""...destructive analysis of the familiar is the only method of approach to an understanding of fundamentally different modes of expression." -Edward Sapir, Language
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 09-13-2005 09:01:15 PM
I used to go every Halloween to the midnight showing of it. I never went in character. Although I did win a costume contest one year, I was dressed as a Harlequin. People were dressed in all kinds of Halloween costumes though.
Liam
Swims in Erotic Circles
posted 09-13-2005 09:01:48 PM
quote:
Goma got a whole lot of nerve:
I've only ever seen it on video cassette. Sadly, never in theatres or as a play, though they do put it on here once or twice a year at various locations.

If I were to be anybody I would probably be Riff-Raff.

And I would probably laugh at you.

Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 09-13-2005 09:06:34 PM
quote:
Ares wrote this stupid crap:
It's funny?

Tim Curry in drag. com'on.. Who DOESN'T want to see that?

Tim Curry has awesome legs, doesn't he?

I own the DVD and the soundtrack. I love it. I want to go in costume and see it sometime. My stepsister and a couple of her fellow med student friends went in costume last year. She makes an awesome Magenta.

BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 09-13-2005 11:02:25 PM
I own the DVD and Soundtrack.

I go religiously, every hallowe'en, dressed up. Since grade 11.

On my top 3 movie list. musicals. Tim Curry in drag! Agree on the legs. RAWR! lol.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 09-13-2005 11:12:44 PM
I have seen it. Many times.

antica

pation.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 09-14-2005 12:41:09 AM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Trent absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:
I have seen it. Many times.

antica

pation.

Me, too. Sadly, though, all the funny interjections I learned in the '70s and '80s don't mean much anymore. Have heard a few funny updates, though.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Sarudani Miolnir
Old-school poster
posted 09-14-2005 12:54:52 AM
I've seen the movie too many times to count, and the live theatre version several times. I've been in a couple of different casts at theatres around Atlanta.
-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 09-14-2005 10:42:32 AM
How can people vote against Eddie? Blasphemy!
Timpofee
Mancake
posted 09-14-2005 10:52:29 AM
hehe ive seen it at least.. 100times..
Never have dressed up but i sing the songs all the time.
I would say Eddie just because hes a badmutha... but thats a tender subject..
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 09-14-2005 11:21:19 AM
I rented the video tape of it years ago.

I didn't make it all the way though before having to turn it off.

Yuck.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 09-14-2005 11:29:40 AM
How can you not love RHPS?
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 09-14-2005 11:31:19 AM
I own the DVD and soundtrack, but unfortunately never caught a live production, although I would love to go.

And my favorite part is the Time Warp. That was a cast party must back in high school for the musical actors. We got together and danced out the whole song. It was fun initiating those who hadn't experienced it yet into our fold.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Hireko
Kill a fish before breakfast each day
posted 09-14-2005 12:17:25 PM
They don't show it in the actual theater around here, but our local weird stuff convention does a showing or two every year. I've seen the movie, I've seen it live, and I don't really understand what all the hoopla is about. Its a funny movie, but I'm not sure how it got a cult following.

Tim Curry does indeed have fine legs, though.

Those who dance are thought insane by those who can't hear the music.
BeauChan
Objects in sigpic may be hammier than they appear
posted 09-14-2005 02:43:23 PM
quote:
How much Lyinar Ka`Bael can a Lyinar Ka`Bael-chuck chuck?
We got together and danced out the whole song. It was fun initiating those who hadn't experienced it yet into our fold.

hehehe at the theatre here, everyone whos dressed up goes up to the front and dances with the movie screen.... it's frickin AWESOME.

Endured by EC for over 7 years and counting...
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 09-14-2005 04:02:10 PM
My sister and my stepsister rented it when I was a teenager. Repeatedly. And watched it. Repeatedly. I understand the story. I understand that it's very popular. But my interest in it has been driven from me.
Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 09-14-2005 04:10:35 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael attempted to be funny by writing:
My sister and my stepsister rented it when I was a teenager. Repeatedly. And watched it. Repeatedly. I understand the story. I understand that it's very popular. But my interest in it has been driven from me.

Cuz you suck

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 09-14-2005 05:23:31 PM
I didn't claim people were clueless Just... unaware.

Seen several screenings of it, went to a few drama groups presentations, also saw one of the shows on the 30th anniversary tour (Where my best friend copped off with one of the cast) and pulled off a fantastic Magenta costume one Halloween. No pictures of it survive though.

Mightion is officially not clueless.

Edit: And had a brilliant theme party for my housemate's birthday this year as well. Pictures are in existance but most are a bit rude and shall not be posted.

Another Edit: And met Patricia Quinn.

leckzilla! fucked around with this message on 09-14-2005 at 05:28 PM.

Mightion Defensor
posted 09-14-2005 05:23:48 PM
You're not supposed to watch it on DVD or video by yerself - you're supposed to see it at midnight in a college theater with your fellow stage crew members and bring your toast, your toilet paper, your newspaper, deck of cards, cigarette lighter... etc.

It's the audience participation that makes watching RHPS in such conditions what it is.

Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 09-14-2005 06:23:10 PM
I've seen the movie countless times, and I was cast for approximately two years. Eighteen months as Columbia, six as Magenta.
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 09-14-2005 07:07:06 PM
I've seen the DVD once.

I saw the soundtrack at the flea market the other day for a dollar, so I bought it. It's great.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: