EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I know we have a few druid players here...
Addy
posted 02-20-2005 10:46:38 AM
Caydiem recently posted a response to druid feedback on... yes, the druid forums.

I suggest reading more than just the first post, it looks like he actually gets involved in the discussion too.

Few quotes:

quote:
Speaking of enhancements to the forms, I feel this is a good time to mention the new, upcoming Bear Form ability currently being worked on that causes rage generated to heal the Druid instead of actually generating rage.

quote:
However, what Rebirth can do is prevent a wipe. Having someone critical die mid-fight can be devastating, but bringing them back can turn the tide and give you that extra edge to win. Of course, in order for this to be true, the resurrection timer must no longer affect this spell, and that is indeed going to take place. Once the change is made, your target should be able to come back to life immediately. We are also reducing the mana cost of this spell line so it should be more viable in combat.

quote:
As I’m sure you know, though, the Spider Belt was indeed changed to have a 30-minute cooldown, which should help somewhat on the PvP side of the Druid game.

Addy fucked around with this message on 02-20-2005 at 10:49 AM.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 02-20-2005 10:48:36 AM
ooo!

My little Leiannan likes that!

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-20-2005 10:50:42 AM
Thank you God!

I am happy as a cookie in milk right now!

Rebirth and that darned Spider Belt =

Now they just need to give us two more forms to change into! One for 50 and one for 60!

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Addy
posted 02-20-2005 10:55:24 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Katrinity said:
Thank you God!

Rebirth and that darned Spider Belt =

Now they just need to give us two more forms to change into! One for 50 and one for 60!

They need to fix the two current combat forms, which seems to be what they're doing right now. Nice that cat form will actually have an eviscerate ability now!

I'm on page 8 and Caydiem is still responding to people. D:

Manticore
Not Much Fun Anymore
posted 02-20-2005 10:56:46 AM
quote:
A sleep deprived Katrinity stammered:

You just had your head dunked and swirled, and you know you're gonna die a brutal death by a giant cookie-eating monster?

"France tried to turtle, but Hitler did a tank rush before they were ready. Just shows how horribly unbalanced real life is. They should release a patch."
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-20-2005 11:01:06 AM
quote:
Manticore's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
You just had your head dunked and swirled, and you know you're gonna die a brutal death by a giant cookie-eating monster?

A Cookie's life is the journey to be eatten. It is it's purpose for being. A Cookie fulfilling this purpose is truly happy!

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 02-20-2005 11:05:58 AM
Now that I'm actually reading the thread, I'm not fully happy with the Rebirth changes. The Cooldown timer is still in effect.
Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Addy
posted 02-20-2005 11:07:24 AM
quote:
Katrinity wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Now that I'm actually reading the thread, I'm not fully happy with the Rebirth changes. The Cooldown timer is still in effect.

Yeah, but it's understandable why there is a cooldown timer. It'd be cool if it was switched to, say, 15-20 minutes though.

Caydiem stops posting after page 8, Silly sleep! It's sad to hear people go "well gj now post on the warlock boards god" instead of offering constructive responses, as well.

Addy fucked around with this message on 02-20-2005 at 11:08 AM.

Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 02-20-2005 11:08:22 AM
quote:
Katrinity had this to say about Matthew Broderick:

Because it's an in combat rez. The benefit of that balances the cooldown and reagent, IMO. But it's nice to see Druids get some help, I know when I played one it was a decent class but other classes are way better. =/

Cavalier-
Pancake
posted 02-20-2005 05:04:34 PM
In regard to these changes, and speaking as a Druid on a PvP server...

WOOT!

That is all.

-Yuri-
Pancake
posted 02-20-2005 05:38:15 PM
Maybe now they will fix warriors!
Talonus
Loner
posted 02-20-2005 05:40:37 PM
I'll put my views in a list.
  • Rebirth was the biggest complaint among restoration druids and druids as a whole, but its not being changed. If two or more people died during a fight and there's no secondary rezzer or a warlock, your instance run is fucked. It doesn't matter if you won the battle, you lose the war. I think most druids would happily give up the in-combat rez for a normal rez. At the very least a talent could have been put in to reduce the timer.

• Roots was one of the biggest complaints among druids period, but its not being changed. The only instance druids can use roots in is ZF, despite being able to see the sky in other instances. Hell, mobs can use root anywhere they please. Furthermore, how would it be "too much CC". Mages can sheep and root, but that's not too much?

• The problems with tranquility and hurricane, namely that both are useless, are blown off. There's no reason to use these spells, ever. There has to be some improvement, especially to hurricane, to make it worthwhile for players to even put these spells on their hotbars.

• Forms? Bear form was fine before and doesn't really need another upgrade. Info on cat form improvements are vague, but a useful finisher will be nice and it is a bit hopeful at least.

• He doesn't mention anything about procs/enchantments while in forms, which is the second biggesst complaint about forms behind cat form being useless at 40+. Also, his comment concerning how forms fall behind at 60 isn't very encouraging.

• The need to carry multiple sets is pretty much blown off by saying "well shamans need to do it too!", even though shamans aren't as reliant on two sets as druids. 50+ druids need to carry two sets of gear. One set for melee/soloing and one set for healing/grouping. There's no way to get around it.

• Druid HoTs (which are our best heals) being purgeable isn't addressed at all. Meh.

All in all, I'm underwhelmed. The biggest complaints are blown off or druids are told "its not changing." I guess its nice that druids finally got some recognition of our complaints, but we're not getting the changes we'd like to see.

Talonus fucked around with this message on 02-20-2005 at 05:41 PM.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-20-2005 05:47:28 PM
Without the cooldown being reduced severely, a druid can never be primary healer.
Talonus
Loner
posted 02-20-2005 05:50:24 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
Without the cooldown being reduced severely, a druid can never be primary healer.

I've been a primary healer in every instance Alliance can do except for BFD, but I've never done BFD. That includes the upper level ones (BRD, Strath, Scholo, UBRS/LBRS). The rez timer is something I can't stand, but it does not prevent us from being primary healers.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-20-2005 05:52:27 PM
quote:
Talonus loves Parcelan like a fat kid loves cake
I've been a primary healer in every instance Alliance can do except for BFD, but I've never done BFD. That includes the upper level ones (BRD, Strath, Scholo, UBRS/LBRS). The rez timer is something I can't stand, but it does not prevent us from being primary healers.

What I mean is you can rarely have *just* a Druid. You'd need a real rezzer.

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 02-20-2005 08:35:14 PM
Which isnt hard to get alliance side.

Paladins are everywhere.

(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Addy
posted 02-20-2005 09:41:08 PM
quote:
Elvish Crack Piper enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:

Paladins are everywhere.

Same with shamans on Horde side (from what I've seen anyway).

So the rez thing isn't a problem.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-20-2005 09:42:49 PM
quote:
Elvish Crack Piper loves Parcelan like a fat kid loves cake

Paladins are everywhere.

If you can stand the crying.

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 02-20-2005 09:48:28 PM
I dont have any particular problem with paladins now that I have a priest. Still, in the 4 runs of gnomergan I've been in that got to the boss, neither of the warriors or paladins used defensive stance and taunt or seal of fury.

They make em stupid on Malygos :-/

Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-20-2005 09:50:51 PM
Show me an Alliance player that knows how to play his class and I'll show you a Horde's alt.
Sean
posted 02-20-2005 09:54:08 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan attempted to be funny by writing:
Show me an Alliance player that knows how to play his class and I'll show you a Horde's alt.

Hi.

And I have a Horde alt that I don't know how to play.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Elvish Crack Piper
posted 02-20-2005 09:55:01 PM
I play my class well and dont play horde.

I'm pretty sure Addy and the rest of them on Elune arent idiots.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-20-2005 09:57:50 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Elvish Crack Piper said this:
I play my class well and dont play horde.

I'm pretty sure Addy and the rest of them on Elune arent idiots.

Show me Addy, Rosa and the rest and I'll show you easy mode players.

Lashanna
noob
posted 02-20-2005 10:14:26 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Duck Tales:
Show me Addy, Rosa and the rest and I'll show you easy mode players.

Go eat some die, seriously.

I've made my case so many times it's not even funny, but I can't beat a thing into that thick skull of yours. In retrospect, the only reason I try is for public face, but even that's not worth it anymore, I guess.

Lashanna fucked around with this message on 02-20-2005 at 10:18 PM.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Mr. Gainsborough
posted 02-20-2005 10:20:01 PM
He can't help it. The Horde is full of trolls.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 02-20-2005 10:22:14 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Mr. Gainsborough wrote:
He can't help it. The Horde is full of trolls.

What's wrong with trolls, prissypants?

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Elvish Crack Piper
posted 02-20-2005 10:22:17 PM
Hilarious
Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-20-2005 10:25:09 PM
quote:
Lashanna had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Go eat some die, seriously.

I've made my case so many times it's not even funny, but I can't beat a thing into that thick skull of yours. In retrospect, the only reason I try is for public face, but even that's not worth it anymore, I guess.

Embrace it.

You can't escape it. Horde is harder to play than Alliance. Warriors are harder to play than Paladins.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 02-20-2005 10:27:11 PM
quote:
What Mr. Parcelan really means to say is:
All I want is a cookie and a hug.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Lashanna
noob
posted 02-20-2005 10:27:50 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
Embrace it.

You can't escape it. Horde is harder to play than Alliance. Warriors are harder to play than Paladins.

Paladins have had some issues, and a good deal of it's been sorted through, but you're just a bitter, angry fellow who needs another game to play, I think.

Addy
posted 02-20-2005 10:32:30 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
Embrace it.

Direct your "valid" complaints to http://www.fohguild.org, maybe someone will care there.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-20-2005 10:37:05 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Lashanna said this:
Paladins have had some issues, and a good deal of it's been sorted through, but you're just a bitter, angry fellow who needs another game to play, I think.

Wrong.

You chose to play an easy mode. There's nothing wrong with it.

Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 02-20-2005 10:40:59 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan wrote this stupid crap:

As your attorney, I advise you to choose a position before attempting to launch an assault against perceived foes.

"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Lashanna
noob
posted 02-20-2005 10:52:23 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan had this to say about Duck Tales:
Wrong.

It's hardly my fault some of your content might suck/be absent. But hey, some of the Horde content IS better than Alliance content.

However, I'm sure you, being such an awesome player, already know everything about the game. I mean, you're probably much better, and much more skilled than Addy, or myself, or Talonus, or Cobalt, etcetera, etcetera. I'm not going to keep listing my guild members.

It's a matter of preference, and there are inequalities, but you don't have to take out your bitterness on the players, especially other ECers.

For the record, my Forsaken warrior is level 20, and it hasn't required a single thought, and only required grouping a bit for Pyrewood.

How about addressing some of the other Alliance players here that you jab at now and again, instead of selectively responding to me here?

Lashanna fucked around with this message on 02-20-2005 at 10:53 PM.

Elvish Crack Piper
posted 02-20-2005 10:56:18 PM
Because Parcelan can't argue his way out of a wet paper hat.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-20-2005 10:57:00 PM
quote:
Lashanna was naked while typing this:
How about addressing some of the other Alliance players here that you jab at now and again, instead of selectively responding to me here?

Because you're the only one who stood up.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-20-2005 11:00:45 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Elvish Crack Piper stammered:
Because Parcelan can't argue his way out of a wet paper hat.

I further cite ECP, who was, for a majority of his time here, a career imbecile, and still has problems with proper grammar, and also only chooses to attack me and voice his petty grudge against me when I am beset on all sides, as further evidence of the stupidity and cowardice of the typical Alliance player.

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 02-20-2005 11:06:25 PM
I know I'm really happy about some of these changes they are applying to us druids. I would also be happy if they reduced the timer for Rebirth to twenty minutes, MAYBE fifteen minutes; but then again thats asking for quite a bit. I've never really had any problems being the "main healer" when there was a priest alongside in our group, I would usually just keep regrowth on the tanks or sometimes switch to bear form to take the aggro off the preist, and I'm glad they are fixing the abilities for the Bear form.
"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Taylen
Pancake
posted 02-20-2005 11:09:50 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan said this about your mom:

Alliance Warrior and I swap between battle and defensive stances in groups all the time. Use taunt to grab aggro to myself, then sunder armor to keep the thing interested in me, hit revenge as it shows up.

I might not be the greatest warrior, but I at least have some idea what I'm doing, and I'm not a horde alt.

"When correctly viewed, everything is lewd." - Tom Lehrer.
Sadomasochism: It's Fun!
Taylen Ashenbow
Rangers never run we mearly stratigically retreat.
Thats not a train thats a pull, my trains are always much bigger.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 02-20-2005 11:13:46 PM
quote:
Taylen had this to say about Robocop:
Alliance Warrior and I swap between battle and defensive stances in groups all the time. Use taunt to grab aggro to myself, then sunder armor to keep the thing interested in me, hit revenge as it shows up.

I might not be the greatest warrior, but I at least have some idea what I'm doing, and I'm not a horde alt.

Show me Taylen and I'll show you an Alliance Warrior that knows what he's doing and is not a Horde alt.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: