EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: All of us Godless atheists are wrong, afterall.
Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 10-07-2004 05:33:34 AM
God does exist.

P.S. He's pissed.

Tal NSFW!!
Pancake
posted 10-07-2004 05:39:26 AM
quote:
Snoota had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
God does exist.

P.S. He's pissed.

I was looking at that not 20 minutes ago, thinking.. somebody is going to post this..

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 10-07-2004 05:42:42 AM
Amusing!
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Darius!
Pancake
posted 10-07-2004 06:18:32 AM
That's awesome
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 10-07-2004 06:44:15 AM
Seen it on these other boards I go to. All the "in your face" christians (no other way to put that =\) started gloating about it and went into how it's the end of the world and God was comming to take the wheat from the weeds, and all this other stuff.

"Now, maybe people will pay attention to these signs! God is the only way!"

But what they also fail to mention, there was another bilboard that made it through the storm as well. It was one for Budwiser. So... maybe God is telling us to drink more beer?

Snoota
posted 10-07-2004 06:50:46 AM
You're looking at this the wrong way!

It's trying to say beer is God.

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 10-07-2004 07:04:18 AM
I can live with that.

"And the Lord said to thee and thou people, Thou shalt dink more Guinness, and blessed in the knowledge that thine drink of the holy grains. And thou shalt be blessed by God, thine Lord."

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 10-07-2004 08:25:47 AM
I think we still have a few of those signs around here... man, Oklahoma really is a few years behind the rest of the country.
Maradon!
posted 10-07-2004 08:32:45 AM
quote:
x--MonicaO-('-'Q) :
I think we still have a few of those signs around here... man, Oklahoma really is a few years behind the rest of the country.

No, they're all over the place.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 10-07-2004 08:48:14 AM
Ah... I got the impression the "ad campaign" was supposed to done with.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 10-07-2004 09:12:47 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Monica:
Ah... I got the impression the "ad campaign" was supposed to done with.

Silly Monica, this is the sort of thing that never ends.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Bloodrose
Pancake
posted 10-07-2004 09:28:31 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Trillee wrote:

"And the Lord said to thee and thou people, Thou shalt dink more Guinness, and blessed in the knowledge that thine drink of the holy grains. And thou shalt be blessed by God, thine Lord."

Now that is a church I can attend regularly!

~That which yields, is not always weak~
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 10-07-2004 09:50:35 AM
I wonder how pissed off people would be if someone put up a billboard saying "Why waste every Sunday worshipping a psychopath from an ancient tribal mythology? Deconvert today!" Well, that's a lie. I know how pissed off people would get.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Snoota
posted 10-07-2004 10:00:57 AM
quote:
Karnaj attempted to be funny by writing:
I wonder how pissed off people would be if someone put up a billboard saying "Why waste every Sunday worshipping a psychopath from an ancient tribal mythology? Deconvert today!" Well, that's a lie. I know how pissed off people would get.

If God exists, he won't let me make this post!

Snoota
posted 10-07-2004 10:01:17 AM
Damn.
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 10-07-2004 12:19:37 PM
quote:
Karnaj stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:

Hrm, I wonder how much it is to rent a billboard.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 10-07-2004 12:32:12 PM
quote:
Roll the dice to see if Snoota is getting drunk!
If God exists, he won't let me make this post!
But what if He stops you from making the post, then makes the post Himself using your name, so that you're not inclined to attempt to post it again?
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 10-07-2004 12:34:04 PM
Could the church sue for any reason should I decide to adopt Jesus as a spokescharacter for, say, condoms? Does anyone own the rights to Jesus's image?
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 10-07-2004 12:36:43 PM
I think the copyright on Jesus' image may be expired.
Maradon!
posted 10-07-2004 12:38:29 PM
quote:
x--NaimahO-('-'Q) :
Hrm, I wonder how much it is to rent a billboard.

There are a couple around here advertised for $400 a month

Gunslinger Moogle
No longer a gimmick
posted 10-07-2004 03:34:15 PM
quote:
JooJooFlop had this to say about John Romero:
Could the church sue for any reason should I decide to adopt Jesus as a spokescharacter for, say, condoms?

That would be HILARIOUS. I can see it now, some overzealous priest's first reaction* would be "This ad campaign is blasphemy! Boycott condoms!"

Then...hilarity ensuses.

*no, I'm not stereotyping priests here, but I imagine that out of all the priests (who are usually nice folks, I'm sure) there may be one who will have the particular mix of faith and bad judgement that would bring this hypothetical situation to its critical mass of hilarity

moogle is the 3241727861th binary digit of pi

Disclaimer: I'm just kidding, I love all living things.
The fastest draw in the Crest.
"The Internet is MY critical thinking course." -Maradon
"Gambling for the husband, an abortion for the wife and fireworks for the kids they chose to keep? Fuck you, Disneyland. The Pine Ridge Indian Reservation is the happiest place on Earth." -JooJooFlop

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 10-07-2004 03:40:10 PM
quote:
JooJooFlop's fortune cookie read:
Could the church sue for any reason should I decide to adopt Jesus as a spokescharacter for, say, condoms? Does anyone own the rights to Jesus's image?

As a pure advertisement, there's no reason why you couldn't do it. The problem is that it would ruin any company attached to it. Of course, since you'd just be making up a company name, there'd be no company to ruin, but you wouldn't want that on your record. If you looked to get hired with someone, they might look and say "Oh, this is that guy who made the commercial about the condoms the son of God uses. No hire." It would certainly be discrimination, but you'd have a hard time proving it was happening.

You can't fuck with christianity and have any kind of serious position in America. Especially in the south.

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Naimah
In a Fire
posted 10-07-2004 08:54:45 PM
quote:
Maradon! stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
There are a couple around here advertised for $400 a month

Probably more expensive in Dallas. Which is sad.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: