EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Remember that Korean mushroom cloud? Yeah.
Demos
Pancake
posted 09-28-2004 02:10:51 PM
http://cnn.aimtoday.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20040928%2F05 15512476.htm&sc=1104
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 09-28-2004 02:14:50 PM
Oh shit.
quote:
But in his General Assembly speech and at the press conference with a small group of reporters, Choe blamed the United States for intensifying threats to attack the communist nation and destroying the basis for negotiations to resolve the dispute over Pyongyang's nuclear program.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Demos
Pancake
posted 09-28-2004 02:17:32 PM
I suppose we shouldn't have set an example that preemptive war is ok. Even when you're not sure your enemy has weapons. And everyone knows we have them.

Demos fucked around with this message on 09-28-2004 at 02:18 PM.

Noxhil
Pancake
posted 09-28-2004 02:20:24 PM
Hay guys, I'm sure glad we got those Iraqis!

Noxhil fucked around with this message on 09-28-2004 at 02:20 PM.

Mightion Defensor
posted 09-28-2004 02:21:53 PM
Color me paranoid, but I think North Korea is actually crazy enough to launch them. Or at least threaten to.
Noxhil
Pancake
posted 09-28-2004 02:23:07 PM
quote:
Mightion Defensor spewed forth this undeniable truth:
Color me paranoid, but I think North Korea is actually crazy enough to launch them. Or at least threaten to.

If you're paranoid, then everyone else is hysterical...

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 09-28-2004 02:32:29 PM
Yeah that saddam hussan guy sure was a big threat with his "WMD Deveopment programs" It's a good thing we got in there when we did!
Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 09-28-2004 02:40:11 PM
To quote bash...

Bush: Iraq, you'd better get rid of your nuclear weapons or we'll bomb you!
Iraq: We don't have any nuclear weapons.
N Korea: We do.
Bush: Well then get rid of your chemical weapons!
Iraq: We don't have those either!
N Korea: Ummm...we have nukes now.
Bush: We KNOW you've got chemical and nuclear weapons! Get rid of them!
Iraq: Even if we did, which we don't, we can't even hit the USA!
N Korea: We can nuke California all we want.
Bush: Shuddup North Korea, no one cares! Iraq, you'd BETTER disarm!
Iraq: But we don't HAVE anything!
N Korea: Oh fuck it, blow up Los Angelas...
Bush: Iraq, I'm warning you... *BOOM*

Vorago fucked around with this message on 09-28-2004 at 02:41 PM.

Zair
The Imp
posted 09-28-2004 02:41:43 PM
quote:
Blindy. had this to say about Cuba:
Yeah that saddam hussan guy sure was a big threat with his "WMD Deveopment programs" It's a good thing we got in there when we did!

You mean "Weapons of Mass Destruction program-related activities".

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 09-28-2004 02:49:43 PM
quote:
Zair must read alot of poetry:
You mean "Weapons of Mass Destruction program-related activities".

Yeah those.

Skaw
posted 09-28-2004 02:55:20 PM
Team America!
Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 09-28-2004 02:59:31 PM
quote:
Skaw Model 2000 was programmed to say:
Team America!

"Hey Terrorists! Terrorize this." <unloads a shotgun shell>

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 09-28-2004 03:02:07 PM
quote:
Skaw had this to say about pies:
Team America!

I am so going to go see that.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 09-28-2004 03:14:15 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael wrote:
I am so going to go see that.

Hell yeah

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 09-28-2004 03:51:51 PM
Oh great. So if I survive the fucking volcano that's about to blow up, now I get to worry about getting hit by nukes from N. Korea!
Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 09-28-2004 04:03:25 PM
quote:
From the book of Trillee, chapter 3, verse 16:
Oh great. So if I survive the fucking volcano that's about to blow up, now I get to worry about getting hit by nukes from N. Korea!

No worries. Unless they ship that bomb per UPS to the states NK lacks the capabilities to reach you.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 09-28-2004 04:13:32 PM
quote:
Tarquinn wrote this stupid crap:
No worries. Unless they ship that bomb per UPS to the states NK lacks the capabilities to reach you.

Missiles are no longer the transport of choice. Trucks and even small bags can carry a Nuke anywhere.

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 09-28-2004 04:17:01 PM
quote:
Azizza had this to say about the Spice Girls:
Missiles are no longer the transport of choice. Trucks and even small bags can carry a Nuke anywhere.

If there's anything I learned from James Bond movies, they're always carried around in large metallic briefcases.

"The MP checkpoint is not an Imperial Stormtrooper roadblock, so I should not tell them "You don't need to see my identification, these are not the droids you are looking for."
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 09-28-2004 04:39:50 PM
quote:
From the book of Tarquinn, chapter 3, verse 16:

*snickers* More like one of those "Oh dear gods what next?" syndrome.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 09-28-2004 04:47:55 PM
quote:
Trillee was naked while typing this:
*snickers* More like one of those "Oh dear gods what next?" syndrome.

Gophers.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Maradon!
posted 09-28-2004 05:31:52 PM
What wealth of ignorance is this? Why are people talking about Iraq like it has anything to do with north korea? Like mentioning Iraq in light of a threat from North Korea somehow makes you clever?

If Bush had tried to invade north korea you'd be playing the same bullshit "failed diplomacy" cards you idiots played with Iraq. If we tried to invade North Korea the same idiots protesting Iraq would be protesting North Korea. Then when we started getting baathist-funded suicide bombers from Syria crawling all over the states, you'd be blaming Bush for invading north korea instead of Iraq.

And for the last fucking time, the thread of weapons of mass destruction was ONE of MANY reasons that we LEAD A COALITION OF COUNTRIES into Iraq. Jesus christ it's like you can say these things a billion times only to have them patently ignored over and over again just because people choose not to hear it.

UBT
Pancake
posted 09-28-2004 06:16:55 PM
quote:
Tarquinn had this to say about Knight Rider:

I seem to remember back when I was living in South Korea something about North Korea Firing missles into the ocean that kept getting closer and closer to the U.S., but at the time they stated that it was only so they could make a nuclear intercept missle.... seems like all this time they have been lieing. Who would have thought....

Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 09-28-2004 06:21:43 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about dark elf butts:
Gophers.

The little rodents from hell

Demos
Pancake
posted 09-28-2004 06:37:33 PM
quote:
Maradon! had this to say about Duck Tales:
What wealth of ignorance is this? Why are people talking about Iraq like it has anything to do with north korea? Like mentioning Iraq in light of a threat from North Korea somehow makes you clever?

If Bush had tried to invade north korea you'd be playing the same bullshit "failed diplomacy" cards you idiots played with Iraq. If we tried to invade North Korea the same idiots protesting Iraq would be protesting North Korea. Then when we started getting baathist-funded suicide bombers from Syria crawling all over the states, you'd be blaming Bush for invading north korea instead of Iraq.

And for the last fucking time, the thread of weapons of mass destruction was ONE of MANY reasons that we LEAD A COALITION OF COUNTRIES into Iraq. Jesus christ it's like you can say these things a billion times only to have them patently ignored over and over again just because people choose not to hear it.

Petty insults? Check.
Inaccurate assumptions? Check.
Putting words into people's mouths? Check.
Pretending like you can tell the future? Check.

Get off your high horse. The only reason Bush got consent to invade Iraq was because he had everyone convinced there was an imminent threat from them - that they would either strike or provide terrorists with the weapons to strike. Now, what was North Korea doing at the time? Spreading anti-american propaganda, FLAUNTING nuclear technology, testing missile capabilities over other countries, and claiming that the US has an agenda against them.

Now who is a more imminent threat? The one who has been under UN surveillance for a decade? Or the one who is enriching uranium, and has THREATENED people with nuclear weapons?

[quote]"If we tried to invade North Korea the same idiots protesting Iraq would be protesting North Korea"[qb]

Lets see.
NK doesn't have oil. No opportunity for criticizing there.
NK didn't piss off the poor president's daddy.
Pacifist protesters? Yeah, they'll protest regardless, but thats par for the course. But the majority of the protests to the war are either covered above, or in the fact that misinformation was used to go to war. If we went to war with NK, we wouldn't need to lie about WMD - THEY BRAG ABOUT THEM.

Ares
posted 09-28-2004 08:16:55 PM
Hey you guys please keep your nuclear gas down south after you get hit. k plx thnx.

Seriously though... Didn't everyone already know that N.Korea had the $ and the knowledge to make and lunch nuclear weapons?

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-28-2004 08:34:31 PM
quote:
Ares attempted to be funny by writing:
Hey you guys please keep your nuclear gas down south after you get hit. k plx thnx.

Seriously though... Didn't everyone already know that N.Korea had the $ and the knowledge to make and lunch nuclear weapons?

If we go, you're going with us.

Ares
posted 09-28-2004 08:35:22 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
If we go, you're going with us.

No fair. We didn't piss off anyone. Yet.

Peter
Pancake
posted 09-28-2004 09:32:03 PM
The way I see it will be if they keep it up they might Just piss China off, because I am pretty sure China is Happy that the US is busy in Iraq and not in there part of the world, and then China will line the Red Army along the Border and march south like a danmed steam roller.
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 09-28-2004 11:33:52 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Tarquinn!

Not quite. They spent the last few years developing the No Dong and Taepo Dong missiles. No Dong's have a range of about 900 nm, Taepo Dong's bump that up to about 1300-1800 nm. If you consider TD-2's that are under development, figure that distance could convievibly range up to 7200 nm.

Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 09-28-2004 11:39:50 PM
nanometers or kilometers?
Demos
Pancake
posted 09-28-2004 11:44:50 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Dr. Gee stammered:

Nautical miles

Lechium
With no one to ever know
posted 09-28-2004 11:45:52 PM
quote:
Dr. Gee had this to say about (_|_):

I think he meant Nautical Miles.

Pvednes
Lynched
posted 09-28-2004 11:49:07 PM
Methinks he means nautical miles, but nanometres will do just as well.
Darius!
Pancake
posted 09-28-2004 11:54:28 PM
Hahaha. Oh, Korea, what won't you do?
Drysart
Pancake
posted 09-29-2004 01:18:17 AM
quote:
Azizza came out of the closet to say:

So we obviously need to spend billions on Star Wars missile defense, breaking the NPT in the meantime.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-29-2004 01:46:53 AM
quote:
Drysart had this to say about Knight Rider:
So we obviously need to spend billions on Star Wars missile defense, breaking the NPT in the meantime.

We need a new kind of Star Wars defense, in which we send a chubby little droid to find our new hope.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 09-29-2004 01:57:47 AM
quote:
Callalron enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
If you consider TD-2's that are under development, figure that distance could convievibly range up to 7200 nm.

So, where do you get those numbers from? I just read an article a few weeks ago that they can barely reach Japan. WITHOUT a nuclear warhead and WITH luck.

Of course I'm not claiming that the author of that article had perfect informations about everything regarding the NK weapons arsenal, but considered the fact that Mr. Kim Jong Ill seems to be quite a show off, I'm sure we would have heard of the missile that is able to hit the states.

Not saying that you are wrong, I probably just have missed that part or looked a the wrong sources.

Tarquinn fucked around with this message on 09-29-2004 at 01:59 AM.

~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 09-29-2004 02:01:00 AM
Tarquinn supports terrorism!
Skaw
posted 09-29-2004 02:03:40 AM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan painfully thought these words up:
Tarquinn supports terrorism!

He buys the whacky weed.

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 09-29-2004 02:09:28 AM
quote:
Tarquinn got bored and wrote this:
So, where do you get those numbers from? I just read an article a few weeks ago that they can barely reach Japan. WITHOUT a nuclear warhead and WITH luck.

Of course I'm not claiming that the author of that article had perfect informations about everything regarding the NK weapons arsenal, but considered the fact that Mr. Kim Jong Ill seems to be quite a show off, I'm sure we would have heard of the missile that is able to hit the states.

Not saying that you are wrong, I probably just have missed that part or looked a the wrong sources.

I saw an article in time (OMG then it MUST be true) a few months back about NK having the capability to reach the west coast, so I guess it's not far fetched or anything.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: