EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Whats the best way to answer the door?

can you please fix my title
posted 12-16-2003 10:36:34 AM
you're in a strange mood you order delivery. Whats the best way to answer the door when the food arives?

Tied to a chair money in your mouth, hehehe wife is in one of her moods again

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 12-16-2003 10:39:50 AM
Naked.

bob12121212
Pancake
posted 12-16-2003 10:40:22 AM
Sometimes, the best way to anwser the door, is to not anwser it.
Drakkenmaw
Crunchy, tastes good with ketchup
posted 12-16-2003 10:45:13 AM
I've answered the door with a butcher knife in hand before. Was preparing lunch, and just sorta didn't realize what I was doing while I went to answer the ring at the doorbell.

I think I scared the crap out of the gas-meter person, since it occurred to me after I closed the door that I was gesturing with it.

I tend to be a bit absent-minded at times.

diadem
eet bugz
posted 12-16-2003 10:56:00 AM
quote:
Drakkenmaw was naked while typing this:
I've answered the door with a butcher knife in hand before. Was preparing lunch, and just sorta didn't realize what I was doing while I went to answer the ring at the doorbell.

I think I scared the crap out of the gas-meter person, since it occurred to me after I closed the door that I was gesturing with it.

I tend to be a bit absent-minded at times.

were you butchering meat so it was all bloody too?

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Drakkenmaw
Crunchy, tastes good with ketchup
posted 12-16-2003 11:02:37 AM
quote:
diadem wrote this stupid crap:
were you butchering meat so it was all bloody too?

Generally I don't prepare cuts of meat for cooking, unless it's chicken (which doesn't much bleed). I use meat-knifes for most everything, since they're sharp and tough and thus good for general cooking. So, probably not.

Don't remember the exact details, though. Just remember afterwards thinking "Man, that guy was really fidgety. I wonder why?" And then I went back to cooking, and about 5 minutes later went "Oh."

Snoota
Now I am become Death, shatterer of worlds
posted 12-16-2003 03:37:11 PM
There used to be this Johova's(or whatever!) Witness family that would come by every Sunday and try to convert us.

So one day I answered the door ass naked with a huge boner and they never came back.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 12-16-2003 03:38:23 PM
quote:
Snoota had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
huge boner

Sure. We believe you.

Snoota
posted 12-16-2003 03:39:39 PM
Says the man who is so insecure he links penis size to the speed of his processor.
Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 12-16-2003 03:40:28 PM
quote:
Snoota had this to say about (_|_):
There used to be this Johova's(or whatever!) Witness family that would come by every Sunday and try to convert us.

So one day I answered the door ass naked with a huge boner and they never came back.

The last time I had a pack of them come to the door was after a marathon RPG session at my house... I answered the door half asleep and got into a conversation and one of the guys I was playing with screamed out "Dude, come in here and help us... John's having problems holding down the virgin for the scarifice!".

The look of terror still makes me grin.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Peter
Pancake
posted 12-16-2003 04:52:28 PM
Holding a shotgun in a gunphobic state is good.

Was the day after my old man took us trap shooting and had just finished cleaning it, bell rang and I answered it still holding the gun.

Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 12-16-2003 05:25:13 PM
My dog is enough to scare off most people who come to the door... he's a little territorial.
Trent
Smurfberry Moneyshot
posted 12-16-2003 05:57:44 PM
My usual way is yelling at the dogs to shut up and get the hell away from the door, then cracking it open a tad so the dogs don't bolt out and bark/lick/growl at the person. Then yelling at them again to get the hell away from the door so I can open it.
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 12-16-2003 06:46:21 PM
Back when I used to live by myself, I answered the door holding a sword.
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 12-16-2003 06:52:21 PM
I answered the door for the pizza guy in my pajamas once.

Was wondering why he looked so weirded out. =\

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 12-16-2003 07:02:45 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Zephyer Kyuukaze stammered:
Back when I used to live by myself, I answered the door holding a sword.

I've done that.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-16-2003 07:57:15 PM
quote:
Monica had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
I answered the door for the pizza guy in my pajamas once.

Was wondering why he looked so weirded out. =\

Were they covered in blood from butchering meat?

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Lady Delirium
Drysart loves me!
posted 12-16-2003 08:31:39 PM
our creepy mail man has an odd habit of occansionally bringing the mail to the front door and stand there ringing the bell until some one answers.

one time he did this a day or two after i had serious surgery on my overly broken nose. i had huge black eyes and a t cast (a cast that looks like a cross-goes from my forhead to the tip of my nose, and then another part that goes straight across the middle), i was on every hard pain killer you could think of, could barely walk, and i was only wearing a t-shirt (this was towards the end of december a few yrs ago)

so he rings the bell none stop, he comes, taps on the window where im sleeping on the couch to make me come get the mail and i have to stand there freezing, incoherent, a total mess, and in a t-shirt while he made me sign for a package and then made me stand and wait while he had to call his post office to see about making me sign for something else.

yes, that is maradon spining around in a chair ^_ ____ _ ^
Tareshinal
Pancake
posted 12-16-2003 08:42:02 PM
quote:
From the book of Lady Delirium, chapter 3, verse 16:
our creepy mail man has an odd habit of occansionally bringing the mail to the front door and stand there ringing the bell until some one answers.

one time he did this a day or two after i had serious surgery on my overly broken nose. i had huge black eyes and a t cast (a cast that looks like a cross-goes from my forhead to the tip of my nose, and then another part that goes straight across the middle), i was on every hard pain killer you could think of, could barely walk, and i was only wearing a t-shirt (this was towards the end of december a few yrs ago)

so he rings the bell none stop, he comes, taps on the window where im sleeping on the couch to make me come get the mail and i have to stand there freezing, incoherent, a total mess, and in a t-shirt while he made me sign for a package and then made me stand and wait while he had to call his post office to see about making me sign for something else.

Thats when you shut the door in his face, and go get a baseball bat then re-open the door if he rings the door bell again.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-16-2003 08:46:13 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Lady Delirium wrote:

bloody hell how did you bust up your nose that bad? Those sort of braces are, I always thought, for people who virtually separated their nose arch from the front of their skull or something.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Anklebiter
Pancake
posted 12-16-2003 08:55:34 PM
one time at or around 12 at night, two bailbond agents (bounty hunters if you will) knocked on my door. It was late and my neighborhood isn't a good one so I answered the door with a sword in my hand. The dudes looked at me funny and all, but they left when they learned the guy who lived in this house before us moved away some time ago.

[ 12-16-2003: Message edited by: Anklebiter ]

EVE Online:
Asha Vahishta, Minmatar Pilot.
Snoota
posted 12-17-2003 12:14:15 PM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael thought this was the Ricky Martin Fan Club Forum and wrote:
bloody hell how did you bust up your nose that bad? Those sort of braces are, I always thought, for people who virtually separated their nose arch from the front of their skull or something.

Oral sex gone bad with her boyfriend's massive thirty inch cock.

can you please fix my title
posted 12-17-2003 01:49:49 PM
who's she dateing trigger?
Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Lady Delirium
Drysart loves me!
posted 12-17-2003 02:43:55 PM
well nine and a half to be specific

i busted my nose a bunch of times actually, i couldnt even breathe out of it
after the first big break, it was just more and more fragile
i actually had to get two surgeries cause the first one didnt fix it

yes, that is maradon spining around in a chair ^_ ____ _ ^
Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 12-17-2003 02:50:38 PM
There she goes agian...
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-17-2003 02:52:38 PM
quote:
Lady Delirium's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:

Uh...

That's their job.

KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 12-17-2003 02:58:04 PM
if they have something certified that you have to sign for.. sure.
Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-17-2003 03:16:18 PM
Point taken.

Or if they have something that's slightly too big for your letterbox.

Neo Saralene
Pancake
posted 12-17-2003 03:17:38 PM
Around here, if they have something too big for the mailbox, they force it in there anyway...
Or leave it at the door without bugging anyone O.o
Rage your dream.
Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 12-17-2003 06:59:39 PM
I was doing Big Cooking at the time. Thanksgiving or somesuch, I don't remember. Anyway, as I am wont to doing while cooking something big (hence Big Cooking), I had beer. So, doorbell rings. It turns out it'sthe sub I ordered to tide myself over until dinner. I answer the door, covered in stuffing and salad dressing, with my makeup half on (my makeup is an elaborate affair), wearing a big giant fluorescent green apron, with a beer in one hand and tongs in the other.

I grabbed the sub with the tongs, paid the guy with the tongs, and only noticed after the fact that the tongs were covered with animal grease.

[ 12-17-2003: Message edited by: Nicole ]

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Caid '5 Fists' Berrit
I've had a few beers but I'm cool to drive
posted 12-17-2003 07:09:11 PM
With beer for whoever it is!!
'But if I had a shotgun you know what I'd do?
I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heavan on down for you'

Bradley Nowell
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: