EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Bloody Hell the Flu Sucks
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-14-2003 12:10:45 AM
So I go to bed with a cough last night...wake up today and I can barely move (sooo achy), best of circumstances it's like being out of breath, worst of circumstances I'm coughing up spit (like...watery spit. Not phlegm). I slept the better part of the day and will probably collapse again soon.

I want to know who cast insidious malady on me.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 12-14-2003 12:16:55 AM
I hear that Mort's giving everybody the plauge for Christmas. I guess you got your present early.
I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 12-14-2003 12:17:43 AM
Note to self: When I get better, disinfect Mortious' abode.
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 12-14-2003 12:19:39 AM
I'm surprised that I'm still fluless so far. I don't think that'll last, though. Some of my classes have been kinda empty with all the flu recipients.
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 12-14-2003 12:23:49 AM
Where I work, we have what's called the "Visiting Nurse Program", where a nurse comes in a couple times a month to do blood pressure checks and answer health questions (if they can). I overheard the nurse commenting the other day that this year's flu shot was pretty worthless, the flu had allready mutated beyond what the shot prepares you for.
I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-14-2003 12:27:36 AM
quote:
Palador ChibiDragon said:
Where I work, we have what's called the "Visiting Nurse Program", where a nurse comes in to do blood pressure checks.

They do that at bachelor parties, too.

Naimah
In a Fire
posted 12-14-2003 12:34:12 AM
I've been hacking up stuff for a little over 2 weeks now, it isn't much fun.
Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 12-14-2003 12:41:55 AM
I had bronchitis for a month and a half. I feel your pain. *hug*

Flu shot is on Monday. I hope I don't get the flu from it.

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-14-2003 12:43:16 AM
I'm a-okay! I'll drink to my health!
Ryuujin
posted 12-14-2003 12:47:20 AM
I'm going to get a flu shot before they run out. It's nasty this year.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 12-14-2003 02:17:04 AM
I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever EVER get a flu shot again, after the year I got one and was sick for two freaking weeks, longer than I've ever been sick at once in my entire life, barring the time I had cancer.

The cancer treatments weakened my immune system, so things do kind of hit me harder than others at times. It's better for me to let the flu virus try to get past my defenses first, than to inject it, even a weakened strain, directly into my bloodstream to wreack havoc there.

My mom got a flu shot this year and she's been sicker than a dog. Doubt she'll get one again, either. It may be something in my genes, but we just don't react well to them, and it's healthier for us to forgo them.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 12-14-2003 02:21:13 AM
Honestly, that just happens with some people.

Whenevr my sister's boyfreind gets the shot, he gets the whole 2-3 weeks sicker thena dog thing. EVERY TIME. So he'd rather just try and avoid it on his own.

Me, on the other hand, if I DO get it, it's likely to lead to bronchitis/pneumonia, and vaccines are happy for me, so it's smarter to get the vaccine.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 12-14-2003 02:33:44 AM
Yeah, that's the ironic thing. I get it normally, I'm down for maybe a few days and then just fine. I feel like total shit while I'm sick, of course, but it doesn't last as long. Get a flu shot, and man I'm in for a long nasty haul.

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 12-14-2003 02:41:44 AM
I'm in the middle of one myself. Hopefully tonight I'll sleep better than last night, when I kept waking up because it was really hard for me to swallow.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Oh shi...
what
posted 12-14-2003 02:58:55 AM
I haven't had the flew in about 4-5 years. Go me...that being said I will probably wake up tomorrow with itchy eyes, stuffed up nose, and achey everything.
Y.O.T.C
No longer a Towel Girl
posted 12-14-2003 03:52:16 AM
quote:
Palador ChibiDragon got all f'ed up on Angel Dust and wrote:
I hear that Mort's giving everybody the plauge for Christmas. I guess you got your present early.

Shees, I was out for a week. I missed school from monday to friday. My immune system sucks ass....

Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 12-14-2003 04:33:07 AM
I had, like, mini-flu. I had it, and my body immediately realised "oho, u sux" and booted that fucker the hell out of me. I'm generally good with colds; I get stomach-sick, not head-sick, hence Mr. Death Flu is of no use against me!

*giftwraps a bottle of Pine Sol and places it under Mort's tree... er... Avernum-like fungal growth*

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Mr. Gainsborough
posted 12-14-2003 10:12:15 AM
quote:
From the book of Hello Cuthy, chapter 3, verse 16:
Shees, I was out for a week. I missed school from monday to friday. My immune system sucks ass....

Me = Complete Opposite. I've missed somewhere between 2 and 4 days of school Kindergarten through 12th grade for being sick.

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 12-14-2003 10:26:40 AM
I only get sick every once in a few years, but then I'm usually down for a week or two.

Never got a flu shot, never needed it.

hey
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 12-14-2003 10:37:10 AM
Well think of it like this, bro, at least you're getting it now so you should be better by Christmas.

We'd like to keep you from spreading it to all of us healthy people

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 12-14-2003 10:44:43 AM
quote:
Jajahotep thought about the meaning of life:
Well think of it like this, bro, at least you're getting it now so you should be better by Christmas.

We'd like to keep you from spreading it to all of us healthy people

He's coughing into gift boxes as we speak. Remember that episode of the Simpsons where everyone got the Osaka flu from those juice machines?

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Jajahotep
Vader to Deth's Obi-wan
posted 12-14-2003 11:58:46 AM
quote:
El Imán Grande! wrote this stupid crap:
He's coughing into gift boxes as we speak. Remember that episode of the Simpsons where everyone got the Osaka flu from those juice machines?

Yeah.. I was afraid of that myself.

But wait... this means we get the panda flu!

D Spot
Pancake
posted 12-14-2003 12:45:16 PM
At least you can sleep. I had the flu for five days, I didn't sleep more than 3-4 hours max. I also couldn't eat much because I would throw it up.

The flu sucks. I feel your pain.

Jete D'Paintedtoes
Pint-sized Pursesnatcher
posted 12-14-2003 12:52:46 PM
get better =/ flu sucks!

im praying I dont get sick because once I get into the warm weather again it wont ever leave!

Jete D'Paintedtoes
Randomly Occurring
the new site
Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 12-14-2003 02:14:12 PM
I had the flu shot.. got sick from it, then a week later got the flu! The flu knocked me on my ass! OMG! I am still coughing from it, and now I feel like I am trying to get it all over again! What in the hell kind of virus is going around this year??? It's like a killer flu. My immune system has always been whack anyway, but my Epilepsy drugs make it even more screwed up now. I want it to GO AWAY!

It's like hook me up to an IV of Orange Juice please! When I was sick I didn't want to eat at all. I went an entire week eating nothing but a bowl of soup one day because UBT forced me.

This flu is bad.

Get better!

Oh shi...
what
posted 12-14-2003 03:58:30 PM
Drink water like crazy!
Ares
posted 12-14-2003 04:11:54 PM
Last year I had Norwalk Virus. ^.^ That was *fun*. It's like, aches and pains of the flu... PLUS vomiting and well, other toilet stuff.

I puked up moss green water. .....

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 12-14-2003 05:12:12 PM
I don't get sick most of the time. And I never catch anything from other people.

Every winter I develope EITHER Bronchitus, or a Sinus Infection.

I haven't gotten either this year though. Hopefully I'll be able to avoid it for once.

My Immune system kicks ass. Had a friend who's entire household had strep once. I went over and played video games all day and didn't even get a cough.

Recently, I had a friend who was out with the flu for like a week. He was running a fever the whole time, and thus, was contagious. Went over and watched movies and played games and stuff with him to keep him company every day. Didn't catch a thing.

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 12-15-2003 09:12:28 AM
Bleh.

Now I'm sick.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 12-15-2003 09:20:15 AM
I'm a busy man.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 12-15-2003 09:37:39 AM
Mort needs to stop rubbing himself against our personal belongings.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 12-15-2003 04:46:55 PM
Least I feel better. Although I'm still very light headed.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 12-15-2003 07:42:15 PM
I feel a little better.

Then I get whammied. Or cold air gets on me and it makes all this crap in my lungs congeal or something. Ugh.

Least we have orange juice now. And I have tea. Hot tea. Just the vapors are soothing.

Lyinar Ka`Bael
posted 12-15-2003 07:45:08 PM
And I have cocoa, mmmm.

I owe Deth big time, though. He just went out with me to Wal-Mart to get mine and Mom's layaways out. There is a large chair that Mom is giving me for Christmas (I knew about it, was there when she put it in) and I never would have gotten that in the car on my own.

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
posted 12-15-2003 07:53:05 PM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Lyinar Ka`Bael:
And I have cocoa, mmmm.

I owe Deth big time, though. He just went out with me to Wal-Mart to get mine and Mom's layaways out. There is a large chair that Mom is giving me for Christmas (I knew about it, was there when she put it in) and I never would have gotten that in the car on my own.

hot sexxor when i'm better

Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 12-16-2003 06:26:53 AM
quote:
Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael had this to say about Knight Rider:
hot sexxor when i'm better

But you can't get better if you don't prac--oh...not that kind of getting better...

I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Drakkenmaw
Crunchy, tastes good with ketchup
posted 12-16-2003 06:45:28 AM
My immune system is... odd. I have extremely strong "defensive" immunities, which means I don't catch things all that often.

However, once I'm sick... my immune system leaves for the Bahamas or something. I stay sick for weeks, sometimes I relapse or get secondary infections... it sucks mightily.

So I try very hard to get over colds the second I get them. I've worked out a bit of a system: when you begin feeling under the weather, drink a lot of orange juice. Like, a huge amount. If you can drink an entire half-gallon container of the stuff, do so. It's good hydration, lots of healthy cold-fighting nutrients, and enough caloric intake to keep you satiated for the next full day if you actually do get hit with the thing. Also, eat garlic. Not just take a bite out of a clove of the stuff, but eat foods which contain a lot of fresh, crushed garlic. Garlic is a cold-fighter, and the pasta which you'd be eating it on most likely is also a good provider of energy for later on - just in case.

Then, wrap up in a huge comforter, and sleep for as much of the day as you can. Give your immune system the chance to operate uninterrupted and such. Take some NyQuil if need be, but for the first day try to avoid OTC medications. They lower fevers, and on the "incoming illness" day you actually want your fever to be somewhat strong. Nothing above 101, but high enough to slow the spread of the cold while it's developing. Gives you a chance to fight it off before it gets hold.

Did this yesterday, when I was coming down with some total crud stuff - and I ended up waking up today feeling perfectly fine... but lacking a voice. No clue how that happened. At least I'm not totally sick for my last final tomorrow, in any case.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: