EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Look Who Joined the Club!
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-03-2003 05:28:06 PM
Cool!

Now Black joins the club with Delphi and Blindy and others who start threads to grandstand and flame others, then lock them cravenly when they don't get universal agreement.

Go you.

{edit: tpyo}

[ 12-03-2003: Message edited by: LOG ]

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-03-2003 05:29:55 PM
I was going to say it, but okay.

It's hard to stand up for what you believe in when you run and lock threads like a coward.

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 12-03-2003 05:31:06 PM
You know, I'm not even going to reply to this thread after this.

This is easily the stupidest and most petty thing I've seen in months.

I don't care if you disagree. I posted my opinion, and said what I wanted. I locked the thread fully knowing that I would catch more hate and bad opinions from it. I made the entire thread fully knowing that.

I do like how you assume I was trying to be cool. I don't have to be cool to people like you. In fact, you're probably one of the last people I want to be viewed as "cool" by.

Whine and rant all you want, I simply don't care.

Edit - AND OBVIOUSLY, locking the thread did a whole lot, didn't it? I mean, people stopped repling to me and OH WAIT NO IT DIDN'T HOW FOOLISH OF ME. You guys win yet again. Caught me red handed.

[ 12-03-2003: Message edited by: Black ]

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Sean
posted 12-03-2003 05:31:20 PM
While it has a few uses, thread locking is still the worst fucking feature ever.

I'd rather my DVD-ROM spit out its tray and hit me in the Mean Bean Machine than have to put up with thread locking.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 12-03-2003 05:34:04 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Black:
You know, I'm not even going to reply to this thread after this.

You should have made it "at all".

Edit: Uh oh wrong tense

quote:
Edit - AND OBVIOUSLY, locking the thread did a whole lot, didn't it? I mean, people stopped repling to me and OH WAIT NO IT DIDN'T HOW FOOLISH OF ME. You guys win yet again. Caught me red handed.

Yeah, they did. You obviously locked the thread because you wanted people to stop replying. Why else would you?

[ 12-03-2003: Message edited by: Jens ]

hey
Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 12-03-2003 05:35:37 PM
OMG Bloodsage u r so close minded try to be nicer
Drakkenmaw
Crunchy, tastes good with ketchup
posted 12-03-2003 05:39:06 PM
Uhhh... maybe it's something that I'm missing here, but isn't making a new thread in response to a locked thread against the rules? Or did that only apply to mod-locked threads?

*Goes to look at the rules again.*

Drakkenmaw
posted 12-03-2003 05:41:40 PM
Nope, I was wrong. Not against the rules.

Sorry for the interruption.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-03-2003 05:42:01 PM
quote:
Quoth Drakkenmaw:
Uhhh... maybe it's something that I'm missing here, but isn't making a new thread in response to a locked thread against the rules? Or did that only apply to mod-locked threads?

*Goes to look at the rules again.*

Only to mod locking. Besides, special rules apply to Flame threads.

Neener.

Drakkenmaw
posted 12-03-2003 05:42:46 PM
quote:
Bloodsage stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
Only to mod locking. Besides, special rules apply to Flame threads.

Neener.

Uhhh... this isn't a Flame thread. Check the tag.

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 12-03-2003 05:46:24 PM
Actually, I agree with Drak... this probably should have been a 'flame' thread, Sagey.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-03-2003 05:46:24 PM
quote:
Channeling the spirit of Sherlock Holmes, Drakkenmaw absently fondled Watson and proclaimed:
Uhhh... this isn't a Flame thread. Check the tag.

It was supposed to be.

Have had trouble with the tags not loading--must've mis-clicked.

Gydyon
Yes, I am a lawyer. No you can't sue them for that. Shut up, or I'll have your legs broken.
posted 12-03-2003 05:47:13 PM
No, it started as a Flame thread.
Gydyon
Evercrest Lawyer

Thinking about your posts
(and billing you for it) since 2001

Drakkenmaw
posted 12-03-2003 05:48:36 PM
Gyd speaks the truth. It somehow jumped from "FLAME" to "Not Funny" at your edit, I think.
Taskmaster Bajah
Pancake
posted 12-03-2003 05:48:38 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about Captain Planet:
It was supposed to be.

Have had trouble with the tags not loading--must've mis-clicked.

Fixed. Be more careful in the future plzplz.

Nae
Fun with Chocolate
posted 12-03-2003 05:48:46 PM
It did start as a flame thread. Then it changed. I saw the flame tag on it.
Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-03-2003 05:53:09 PM
quote:
LOG startled the peaceful upland Gorillas by blurting:
Fixed. Be more careful in the future plzplz.

Wilco.

I bet I unthinkingly switched to the "Not Funny" tag when I fixed the typo.

It's late, here.

It's big, it's heavy, it's wood!

Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-03-2003 05:58:03 PM
quote:
Bloodsage stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
It's late, here.

Hardly an excuse. To the incinerator with you, where all flames are valid.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-03-2003 06:37:44 PM
Just found out it wasn't as bad as it seems. Blindy and Delphi will have to find a new playmate, as Black actually meant well in locking his thread to avoid the obviously impending whatever-was-about-to-happen.

Sean
posted 12-03-2003 06:49:01 PM
Your dog looks exactly like I feel.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 12-03-2003 06:50:18 PM
I'm gonna fucking teabag all of you skanks.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 12-03-2003 06:50:48 PM
You've got a terminal case of puppy-dog eyes?

Gikk
SCA babe!!!
posted 12-03-2003 06:54:04 PM
SO that you know, since your opinion of me has dropped, Black, that my problem with him is this:

EVen in arguements and threqads where he knows nothing, he claims to know everything - and he does admit he's wrong, right? Yay for admitting you are wrong! But.. then... he uses the same arguments that had been disproved.

And then he gets pissed when people keep repeating their refutations; even though he keeps seeing them, they are flawless, but they don't match his thinking, so they must be invisible.

Bonus, his typing and grammar are atrocious. I know I'm not all that great, but at least I try. I use my backspace button, and I at least capitalize my letters.

I was a subscriber for 4 months.

When I get a job, I will subscribe again.
Oh, and I was a subscriber until I lost my job. Gimmee a minute so I can see exactly how much I've given to EC.

[ 12-03-2003: Message edited by: Gikk ]

Sean
posted 12-03-2003 06:57:23 PM
quote:
Bloodsage had this to say about (_|_):
You've got a terminal case of puppy-dog eyes?

No. Dead.

Blindy.
Suicide (Also: Gay.)
posted 12-03-2003 07:39:09 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Bloodsage:
Cool!

Now Black joins the club with Delphi and Blindy and others who start threads to grandstand and flame others, then lock them cravenly when they don't get universal agreement.

Go you.

{edit: tpyo}

Hey fuck you.

Lashanna
noob
posted 12-03-2003 07:59:07 PM
Oh hell, it's not even worth it,

[ 12-03-2003: Message edited by: Lashanna ]

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Blindy.
posted 12-03-2003 08:04:24 PM
quote:
So quoth Bloodsage:
Just found out it wasn't as bad as it seems. Blindy and Delphi will have to find a new playmate, as Black actually meant well in locking his thread to avoid the obviously impending whatever-was-about-to-happen.

Fuck you again. Jesus.

can you please fix my title
posted 12-03-2003 08:09:28 PM
quote:
Gikk had this to say about pies:
[QB]EVen in arguements and threqads where he knows nothing, he claims to know everything -

QB]

Please quote the passage where I claimed to know Everything? on any topic?

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Mr. Crabs
Pancake
posted 12-03-2003 08:11:34 PM
quote:
Lashanna whispered words of wisdom:

I was lucky enough to have read your post before you edited it, Lashanna. I agree with everything you said.

There's a King on a throne with his eyes torn out.
There's a Blind Man looking for a shadow of doubt.
There's a Rich Man sleeping on a golden bed.
There's a Skeleton choking on a crust of bread.
Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 12-03-2003 08:11:35 PM
quote:
Blindy Claus had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Fuck you again. Jesus.

You only feed the trolls when you acknowledge them.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 12-03-2003 08:11:48 PM
quote:
Lashanna was naked while typing this:

QUITTER!!!

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Canadian Mountee
Rumble Pak+FMV Sequence=FUN!
posted 12-03-2003 09:14:58 PM
I have no problem with Somthor really.

OR Blackmage.

Goodbye Social Status

The World is Yours
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 12-03-2003 09:28:42 PM
I have to agree with Sage. Normally I'm the sort who talks about acceptance and trying to be polite. But Somthor has come in with the wrong attitude from the start.

I don't think like Parce, that new people should bow down and kiss the feet of those who've been here. But then again, I've seen him mouth off to regulars quite often since he got here, and usually because someone was refuting his point, and not always in a nasty manner.

For instance, the way he put his preference for the word "dude" used in reference to him. He could have phrased it politely, asking that Sage and others would not address him as "dude". Instead he informed Sage that it wasn't to be part of his vocabulary when addressing him. I've seen other instances where he thinks he can basically boss the regulars around, too.

Sorry, that's an attitude even *I* can't support.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

D Spot
Pancake
posted 12-03-2003 09:28:47 PM
quote:
Verily, Canadian Mountee doth proclaim:
I have no problem with Somthor really.

OR Blackmage.

Goodbye Social Status

Ja'Deth Issar Ka'bael
I posted in a title changing thread.
posted 12-03-2003 09:32:09 PM
Eh...Black, I think the world of you, but I would have had to side with the congregation on this one. Somthor came to the boards flaming over something that happened in EQ, when we've got HOW many old hands at the game here? He then goes on to be arrogant, obnoxious, and rude. And not in the acceptable manners most people around EC partake of.

It could be argued that Bloodsage, at times, is arrogant, obnoxious, and rude. On the other hand, he's arrogant when he knows his shit (and usually doesn't make a flame otherwise, unless it's on an esoteric topic), obnoxious when he won't let go of something (again, I can't think of a time when either Sage wasn't an expert in the field, or wasn't arguing on behalf of what he saw to be a common sense point on an esoteric topic), and rude (he IS known as being one of the Grand High Poobah flame warriors around these parts; you don't get that way by passing tea and crumpets).

On the other hand, Sage paid his dues (which has little to nothing in common with paying subscription fees) and built up his credibility. Somthor, on the other hand, came out swinging, swaggering, trash-talking...and rather than backing down on the esoteric matter of how much flag waving he should do about being one of the EQ toons who took out the Sleeper on the Bumfuck Server, he went on to start OTHER threads, where, when people disagreed with his opinions (he is neither a legal expert nor an expert on military munitions and explosives), he proceded to start a half-assed campaign to outdo people who did and do in fact know more. He could have avoided this sort of thing if he'd had the common sense to get to know the board populace before jumping in with both feet and insulting peoples' intelligence.

As for Parcelan's commentary on his atrocious online grammatical skills, I have to say that once again if he had stuck around here on the DL for a while before sticking his foot in again, he would have realized that we have a certain standard of things, Mog and Kagrama not withstanding. People here type coherently, intelligently. I have to say that while not the end of the world, I found (and continue to find) extensive grammatical and spelling errors, especially when the person plain doesn't care, to be aggravating. Even Mog and Kagrama, when they have something serious to say, generally clean up their typing. Again, something he would have learned if he had taken some time to learn about what he was getting into before he swaggered in and started opening fire.

Do I think he needs to kiss the bootay of all of us? Of COURSE not, but I do think he needs to have a certain amount of respect for those of us who've been here a good long while. I think he made the cardinal newbie error, and made it worse than most newbs who come to the forums...he didn't look before he leaped. And he kept on leaping.

That having been said, I don't think that Black committed a heinous sin against humanity by locking his thread. It's not like he did what I did; fire off one post, then lock the thread. The thread, from what I can see, got up to two pages before he locked it.

Lyinar's sweetie and don't you forget it!*
"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die. -Roy Batty
*Also Lyinar's attack panda

sigpic courtesy of This Guy, original modified by me

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 12-03-2003 09:32:44 PM
At first, Somthor's spelling just annoyed me.

Then, Black made his point, and I started to think, 'Maybe I am just irrational towards Somthor because of the opinions of my peers!'.

Then I spoke with Fae, saw the conversation regarding Dyslexia, and formed my OWN thoughts and conclusion, that being he's completely full of shit! ^_^

can you please fix my title
posted 12-03-2003 09:51:20 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Lyinar Ka`Bael was all like:
I have to agree with Sage. Normally I'm the sort who talks about acceptance and trying to be polite. But Somthor has come in with the wrong attitude from the start.

For instance, the way he put his preference for the word "dude" used in reference to him. He could have phrased it politely, asking that Sage and others would not address him as "dude". Instead he informed Sage that it wasn't to be part of his vocabulary when addressing him. I've seen other instances where he thinks he can basically boss the regulars around, too.

Sorry, that's an attitude even *I* can't support.

FYI I thought that was polite, however if you find it rude then consider when i first addressed Bloodsage as MR Blood Sage he ripped me a new one over how i should address him. it would only be fair that he give me the same curtesy

Im confused as always[xIMG]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-8/356687/somthorsig3.JPG[/img]
Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 12-03-2003 10:14:22 PM
I don't mind Somthor as much as some other people here. Those people probably know who they are.
Blindy.
posted 12-03-2003 10:19:57 PM
I don't know why i keep getting grouped with delphi.
Mr. Parcelan
posted 12-03-2003 10:25:21 PM
quote:
Somthor wrote this stupid crap:
FYI I thought that was polite, however if you find it rude then consider when i first addressed Bloodsage as MR Blood Sage he ripped me a new one over how i should address him. it would only be fair that he give me the same curtesy

That, too, is pretty retarded. Around here, we just call people by their names. If we use nicknames, there are far worse than "dude."

Seriously, you need to take a moment to stand back and assess what you're doing here. Take an hour or so to realize just how much you're irritating people, then learn and see how to fit in here.

I would think if you spent the money to become a subscriber you would at least take the time to try and make a few friends here. Unless you came here for the sole purpose of trolling.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: