EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: what are your driving goals in life?
diadem
eet bugz
posted 05-10-2003 03:29:14 PM
Yeah, two polls of curiosity at once. I’m allowed.

What drives you? What motivates you to do what you do? What is your major goal in life? Are you taking the hand that fate deals you, or are you trying to forge your own path? Do you stand by your friends, see people as objects to greater server your purpose? Do you have a small amount of close friends, a lot of acquaintances, or something in the middle? How would you describe your personality?

[ 05-10-2003: Message edited by: diadem ]

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Neo Saralene
Pancake
posted 05-10-2003 03:31:18 PM
I used to be really selfish, but these days, friends are most important to me.
My only goal now is probably to help my friends as much as I can.
I'm happy as long as the people I care about are.
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 05-10-2003 03:40:55 PM
A desire to be respected and liked, to constantly improve myself, and to be more humble.
diadem
eet bugz
posted 05-10-2003 03:43:45 PM
For me, I enjoy helping others. My main problem is that I need to know when to get more viscous. If someone hurts somebody I care about, I become a different person and do whatever is necessary to protect them. However, if someone does something to me directly, I’m not as brutal. In fact, I usually just let it slide, which can lead to problems.

My driving goals in life are relatively simple, though not easy to obtain. I want a job that helps me make people happy, hence my desire to create games, host parties, run my radio show, servers, and the like. I want a good woman, someone who is smart, knows when to be silly and knows when to be serious, and has a good heart. I want to live in the suburbs with a front yard where I can BBQ and a neighborhood where people aren’t stabbing each other in the back for their own agendas. I love speed, the occasional adventure, and tactical team sports, hence my enjyoment in playing paintball, skydiving, spelunking, camping, and racing. I’m still a nerd at heart, and enjoy scifi, anime, and the occasional DND game.

[ 05-10-2003: Message edited by: diadem ]

play da best song in da world or me eet your soul
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 05-10-2003 03:50:14 PM
I want to be the very best that no one ever was. To catch them is my real task, to train them is my cause... /sarcasm

Seriously, I just want to be able to keep doing the things I like. I hope that if I do well enough now, I can get a job that I like and be able to support what I like at home, as well. If I can be surrounded by computers where I work, then go home and be surrounded by computers, I'm set.

I don't really care for fate. The important thing is making the changes before momentum sets in and makes it difficult to change anything.

As far as friends, well, I keep finding myself more and more reclusive. I like to keep to myself on a lot of things, and this makes me pretty quiet most of the time. I'm finding that for each separate interest, I have to talk to a separate group of people. I feel weird in a large crowd.

[ 05-10-2003: Message edited by: Where's Waisz? ]

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 05-10-2003 04:01:26 PM
I want to change the world.

No, wait, hear me out.

I believe in the ripple effect. Every action, every inaction, no matter how small and inconsequential, has unseen and often unseeable effects on the world around it. A little compliment could set things in motion, make or break someone's day, inspire, influence, enlighten, anything. And that inspiration in turn will have it's effects, and those effects their own effects, and so on and so forth. The bigger the splash you make, the larger the ripples.

Enough ripples, and a wave is formed.

Enough waves, a tide.

And if the tide hits hard enough, a tsunami.

I've always been the crazy artist type. Ever since grade six I've loved the written word and taken joy in spewing out everything onto a piece of paper and holding it up for people to see what horrors my innards can create . I want to write. I want to be published. I want to make a big splash, I have horrible pipe dreams of becoming a classic, but overall... I want what I do to make the world a better place. I want to inspire.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Matilda Jane
ph33r my MIRVs
posted 05-10-2003 04:07:14 PM
Nothing drives me. I just drift through life and do what I'm told. I'm not expecting fate to take me where I belong. I don't believe in it. I know I could change things if I felt like it. I just have no desire to make things happen and I feel there's nothing wrong with that.

The only goal I have is to live my life and die eventually. I don't really want anything out of it. As for friends, I only have one and a few acquaintances. We're still not that close.

Personality? Well, I never believed myself to be able to accurately describe my personality. I'll let others draw their own opinions. I'm sure a lot of you believe I'm a waste of life.

There was a signature here... it's gone now.
Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 05-10-2003 04:09:10 PM
quote:
Terena Azal had this to say about (_|_):
Personality? Well, I never believed myself to be able to accurately describe my personality. I'll let others draw their own opinions. I'm sure a lot of you believe I'm a waste of life.

Cynical, borderline evil, and apparently needing more self-esteem.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 05-10-2003 04:14:25 PM
My goal in life is to become part of the military. It always has. That dream has been set in motion for the past eight months and I am well on my way.

I am cynical, jaded, and grew up sheltered. Odd mix, but it can happen.

I want to be able to move a lot. The military will let me do that.

And most of all, I just want to be with my boyfriend. Right now, he's the most important aspect of my life.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Akiraiu Zenko
Is actually a giddy schoolgirl
posted 05-10-2003 04:52:40 PM
*curls up in Mikasi's lap* I've accomplished my major goal in life...or I will have in two weeks when I move. After that, it's just minor goals to remain happy.
The artist formerly known as Zephyer Kyuukaze.
Steven Steve
posted 05-10-2003 04:57:01 PM
Insanity/anguish
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 05-10-2003 04:58:22 PM
quote:
Neo Saralene had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
I used to be really selfish, but these days, friends are most important to me.
My only goal now is probably to help my friends as much as I can.
I'm happy as long as the people I care about are.

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 05-10-2003 04:58:30 PM
See .sig.
To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Grendel
Pancake
posted 05-10-2003 05:05:14 PM
My driving goal is to wander.

I'm in college and I don't have a major nor do I care about having one. I didn't want to go to college right away but was forced to, I'm doing good but my hearts just not in it. I want to wander, just walk everywhere, live day to day. I don't really ever want to be a productive member of society and that doesn't bother me. I just want to wander and be content.

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 05-10-2003 05:07:29 PM
To rule the world!

... seriously.

leckzilla!
Squeak!
posted 05-10-2003 05:08:18 PM
I want to be well-liked and well known, in my work and in my general day to day life. I want to be a successful photographer, of course. It's the only thing I can concentrate on for a long period of time, but i'd also like to have the belief that I can do it as opposed to occaisional worry that maybe I don't have anything going for me and that i'm wasting my time. It happens less and less nowdays but I still worry.
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 05-10-2003 05:17:57 PM
To leave a mark on the world and not die in obscurity like Bloodsage.
Densetsu
NOT DRYSART
posted 05-10-2003 05:49:29 PM
I'm still searching for a new driving force in my life.
I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl, we ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters. That was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get that day over, and over?
Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 05-10-2003 05:54:30 PM
What drives me? I just hate failure so much that it angers me and drives me forward.

My ultimate goal is to..be a doctor, and help people, la de da.

It also invovles getting dates. Holy crap.

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 05-10-2003 06:40:12 PM
People...
Ocyrrhoe Trazere
Bootylicious!!
posted 05-10-2003 06:44:21 PM
I want to be happy, and make sure those around me are too.
"Come at me. Every inch of me will resist you."

Full sigpic image.
Liam - "Caitlin: You terrify me, but in a good way."

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 05-10-2003 06:45:05 PM
To eat this soup and sandwich before they get cold.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Steven Steve
posted 05-10-2003 06:47:48 PM
quote:
Lenlalron Flameblaster had this to say about (_|_):
What drives me? I just hate failure so much that it angers me and drives me forward.

My ultimate goal is to..be a doctor, and help people, la de da.

It also invovles getting dates. Holy crap.

Why do you need to get dates? I don't like the taste.

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 05-10-2003 06:52:54 PM
My goal in life is to be better than I am now. In ten minutes, that will still be my goal. In twenty years, it will still be my goal. When I die, I will not have accomplished my goal.

My life is a treadmill. No wonder I love MMORPGs.

hey
Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 05-10-2003 06:53:58 PM
The only thing i realy want out of life is soemone to love, who loves my back, and actually lasts, if i cioyould get that, i woudl be completly satisifed and never ask for anythign else otu f life

now for radom less important goals/dreams

Ive always kidna wanted to be a writer of some kind, diferent tiems in my life ive wanted t be everythign form a poet to a journlist, but i otlally lack the ensesary skills so thats not too likely

Ive toyed with the idea of beign a teacher or social worker or soemthing, but i eventually came ot the conclusion that theirs aboslutly now ya i could take the abusiv either gets

Right now really all i want to do is wander, as sukky as it sounds, jsut say fuck it to everything and keep ovieng in no directon at all, seeign the world/ country/whatever

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 05-10-2003 09:06:09 PM
Buffalo wings.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 05-10-2003 09:07:23 PM
Either to make people laugh, happy, or feel safe.
Mod
Pancake
posted 05-10-2003 09:23:08 PM
I don't kno and the fact that I don't is kind of been getting to me lately since I can't motivate myself to do anything any more, even getting out of bed seems kind of pointless. To make money to buy more distractions from the fact that I don't have a real purpose I guess.

I don't make friends quickly but the few I have I'd say I'm pretty loyal to, I actually hate crowds, I don't have any problem carrying on a conversation when I'm alone with someone, but in a crowd I often just sit there bored.

Life... is like a box of chocolates. A cheap, thoughtless, perfunctory gift that nobody ever asks for. Unreturnable, because all you get back is another box of chocolates. You're stuck with this undefinable whipped-mint crap that you mindlessly wolf down when there's nothing else left to eat. Sure, once in a while, there's a peanut butter cup, or an English toffee. But they're gone too fast, the taste is fleeting. So you end up with nothing but broken bits, filled with hardened jelly and teeth-crunching nuts, and if you're desperate enough to eat those, all you've got left is a... is an empty box... filled with useless, brown paper wrappers.
Taran
Dark Prince
posted 05-10-2003 09:25:41 PM
quote:
This one time, at Mortious camp:
To rule the world!

Get in line.

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 05-10-2003 11:45:19 PM
To teach my dad not to crash the lawnmower into a tree and give himself a gash on the noggin' =\

In my free time, I'd like to create something that, fifty years down the line, students will be discussing in high school.
...well, okay, that's too much to ask for. How about college students?

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 05-11-2003 12:26:58 AM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Buffalo wings.

And pussy.

Mustn't neglect that.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Canadian Mountee
Rumble Pak+FMV Sequence=FUN!
posted 05-11-2003 12:55:01 AM
I don't want to be a failure.
The World is Yours
Sean
posted 05-11-2003 01:47:45 AM
I'm not too big on the goals department.

Keeping my friends and family safe and happy is enough for me.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 05-11-2003 01:53:15 AM
Also, if I could keep Ian McKellen in mint condition (think Comic Book Guy with Xena), that would be cool. Sure, I'd want to take him out of the packaging and put him in his Magneto or Gandalf costume once in a while, but I'd just tell myself "no". Then, in 50 years, I'd sell him for billions to Japanese investors.

It's win/win, really.

[ 05-11-2003: Message edited by: Where's Waisz? ]

Taeldian
Pancake
posted 05-11-2003 01:55:23 AM
I look at stupid people and say, "I don't want to be that."

That's what drives me.

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 05-11-2003 01:55:47 AM
I'm not too sure that anything drives me in life.

Growing up, I thought I would have a serious mental breakdown before I turned 30. Anything the docs put back together in my head wouldn't really be "me" anymore, so I didn't worry about it. I grew up just waiting for it all to come crashing down around me, dealing with things as they came.

Well, my head got some internal adjustments, and I didn't crack up. But, my life is much the same as it was back then. I know it's still gonna end some day. Big plans just aren't something I think about. I'm just along for the ride till the end.

Mind you, that doesn't mean I do nothing. I still deal with life, and try to enjoy the bits as they come. I just don't have any big, life-guiding plans.

Yet.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 05-11-2003 02:50:09 AM
I have an irrational fear of turning into my mother: married to someone I resent, and not having enough financial security to be able to afford to do anything about it.
Alek
Not The Rapist
posted 05-11-2003 03:15:10 AM
quote:
Veruca Salt had this to say about Captain Planet:
I have an irrational fear of turning into my mother: married to someone I resent, and not having enough financial security to be able to afford to do anything about it.

Change mother to father and take out the resentful marriage part. Basically I want to make a lot of money and marry someone I love, maybe have kids.

"Love wisdom, and she will make you great. Embrace her, and she will bring you honour. She will be your crowning glory."
-Proverbs 4:8-9
Snugglits
posted 05-11-2003 03:17:31 AM
quote:
Alek Saege probably says this to all the girls:
Change mother to father and take out the resentful marriage part. Basically I want to make a lot of money and marry someone I love, maybe have kids.

And ship bologna to third world countries?

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: