EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Furor throws a tantrum, rest of eq starts the countdown
Espio Idsavant
You have gotten better at Being a Lush! (200)
posted 05-10-2003 12:20:54 AM
Just in case you didnt already think Furor has the biggest ego in EQ yet... from FoH's news page:
quote:
The Plane of Time
2003-05-09 18:50:26 - Furor Planedefiler

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have 14 Days. If after that time the Plane is not properly tuned, I am deleting my characters, and cancelling all of my accounts. The rest of my guild will follow suit, as will several other guilds and people that play Everquest.

To be brief, I did not work my ass off, jumping through your idiotic hoops with my friends and guildmates, so I could go to a zone where only groups of 18 could enjoy the content. EVEN if past these initial moronic events I can finally get my entire guild in to raid with me, FUCK YOU GUYS. Seriously, FUCK YOU.

I cannot believe this... right now I'm just so pissed off. I am sitting here in the Plane of Time, and 3/4 of my guild is just sitting around while a group of 18 is repeatedly trying to beat one of the mini ring encounters. Don't you people have ANY FUCKING DECENCY? SMEDLEY WHY DON'T YOU STOP COUNTING YOUR MONEY AND START ISSUING ORDERS?

The tragic irony of creating the ultimate cockblock encounter in the form of the Rathe which requires 80 people to defeat and then to limit encounters in the Plane of Time to 18.

14 Days.... after that this site will change from the most popular EQ fan site on the internet to the most popular World of Warcraft fan site on the internet. I'm done playing ball with you useless fuckers... it's my turn.

Dont let the door hit you on the way out, Furor.

Township Rebellion has started a countdown clock on thier page for Furor.

And you can still be free, If time will set you free
And going higher than the mountain tops
And go high like the wind don't stop...

[ My gooberish Live Journal thingy ]

Black
The Outlaw Torn
posted 05-10-2003 12:25:26 AM
Heaven forbid the guy have a valid point.

After all, I mean, jeez, the man is practially Hitler.

[ 05-10-2003: Message edited by: Black Mage ]

Time was never on my side.
So on I wait my whole lifetime.

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 05-10-2003 12:34:13 AM
It'd be cool if only Furor quit and the rest of his guild just laughed at him.
Espio Idsavant
posted 05-10-2003 12:45:39 AM
The point may be valid... but the grandstanding method of making said point is just fucking stupid

Sean
posted 05-10-2003 12:46:00 AM
In other news:

quote:
3) Planar Progression.
Planes of Power has provided us with valuable insight into the group and guild dynamics that are involved in large scale games. The way that we had expected guilds to advance through the story of Planes of Power has become a roadblock for some guilds, and some members have fallen behind and found it difficult to catch up. Obviously this was not our intention. We want players to play with their friends and guild mates.
To correct this issue, we will be removing the flag requirements for entry into the following Planes of Power zones:

Bastion of Thunder, Plane of Tactics, Halls of Honor, Plane of Nightmare, Plane of Storms, Plane of Torment, Plane of Valor, Crypt of Decay.

This will make the majority of Planes of Power zones available to everyone, and should allow most guilds to travel and adventure together. We understand that those that have already earned the entry flags for these zones have put some effort into that accomplishment. We will be giving a reward to those that have done so, though you'll have to wait to see what that reward is.

FUCK FUCK FUCK.

quote:
2) Experience Range Adjustment.
When Planes of Power was released and the level cap was raised from 60 to 65, the range of NPCs that characters in the new levels could kill to gain experience was smaller than it is for characters of lower levels. This was done to encourage characters to fight more challenging enemies and allowed us to increase the experience reward given for that increased challenge. Unfortunately, this has limited the locations available to 61+ level characters for experience gain, as well as making it more difficult for solo players to gain experience.

This is something that we don't like, and it has had a negative affect on the "fun factor" involved in playing in Planes of Power. To correct this, we will be increasing the level range of NPCs that will give 61+ level characters experience. They will have approximately the same range of NPCs available to them as they did at level 60, and should be able to gain experience in some of their old hunting grounds, as well as in Planes of Power zones.

Hooray.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 05-10-2003 12:47:53 AM
quote:
Kegwen's fortune cookie read:
It'd be cool if only Furor quit and the rest of his guild just laughed at him.

Yeah.

I certainly won't be crying when he's gone.

I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Steven Steve
posted 05-10-2003 12:47:59 AM
OHO World of Warcraft!!
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Kegwen
Sonyfag
posted 05-10-2003 12:49:46 AM
Hooray! i haven't been flagged for anything yet!
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-10-2003 12:54:30 AM
quote:
Espio Idsavant enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
The point may be valid... but the grandstanding method of making said point is just fucking stupid

Sony has proven in the past they only listen and make big changes when people take drastic measures.

I remember when Monks were broken and the Monks had hundreds of newbie Monks on one server in East Freeport doing a "sit in" and threatening to cancel en masse if they weren't addressed that night.

And it got them fixed.

The FoH webpage has been the epicenter of a large amount of the high level changes, and they've all been for the better and they've all been because of "grandstanding." When Sony starts listening to people without them having to do things like this, people will stop doing them.

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Gadani
U
posted 05-10-2003 12:55:19 AM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Kegwen wrote:
Hooray! i haven't been flagged for anything yet!
Sean
posted 05-10-2003 12:56:54 AM
Instead of fucking removing the flag requirements, why not let an already-flagged person select 5 other unflagged guildmembers to "share" his flag with or some shit?

The last thing we need are all the dumbasses from PoN stinking up Valor and Storms

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 05-10-2003 12:58:34 AM
That's the most disgusting bunch of garbage I've ever read. I say don't wait two weeks, just ban the egotistical little cock right now.
Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-10-2003 12:59:28 AM
Instead of fucking removing the flag requirements, why not let an already-flagged person select 5 other unflagged guildmembers to "share" his flag with or some shit?

The last thing we need are all the dumbasses from Valor and Storms stinking up Tactics and Thunder.

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Iulius Czar
Pancake
posted 05-10-2003 12:59:35 AM
A slap with one hand
A cuddle with the other
It's classic Verant
Gadani
U
posted 05-10-2003 12:59:39 AM
nevermind

[ 05-10-2003: Message edited by: Gadani Aerofist ]

Vorago
A completely different kind of Buckethead
posted 05-10-2003 01:09:20 AM
Oh yeah, I SO regret leaving EQ for DAOC, heh

How exactly does Furor breathe with his head jammed that far up his ass?

Espio Idsavant
posted 05-10-2003 01:10:15 AM
Theres quite a few other changes planned besides what D quoted.

Read Absor's full update here: http://eqlive.station.sony.com/community/dev_view.jsp?id=55816

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-10-2003 01:10:58 AM
quote:
DƒU probably says this to all the girls:
In other news:

[QUOTE]3) Planar Progression.
Planes of Power has provided us with valuable insight into the group and guild dynamics that are involved in large scale games. The way that we had expected guilds to advance through the story of Planes of Power has become a roadblock for some guilds, and some members have fallen behind and found it difficult to catch up. Obviously this was not our intention. We want players to play with their friends and guild mates.
To correct this issue, we will be removing the flag requirements for entry into the following Planes of Power zones:

Bastion of Thunder, Plane of Tactics, Halls of Honor, Plane of Nightmare, Plane of Storms, Plane of Torment, Plane of Valor, Crypt of Decay.

This will make the majority of Planes of Power zones available to everyone, and should allow most guilds to travel and adventure together. We understand that those that have already earned the entry flags for these zones have put some effort into that accomplishment. We will be giving a reward to those that have done so, though you'll have to wait to see what that reward is.

FUCK FUCK FUCK.

quote:
2) Experience Range Adjustment.
When Planes of Power was released and the level cap was raised from 60 to 65, the range of NPCs that characters in the new levels could kill to gain experience was smaller than it is for characters of lower levels. This was done to encourage characters to fight more challenging enemies and allowed us to increase the experience reward given for that increased challenge. Unfortunately, this has limited the locations available to 61+ level characters for experience gain, as well as making it more difficult for solo players to gain experience.

This is something that we don't like, and it has had a negative affect on the "fun factor" involved in playing in Planes of Power. To correct this, we will be increasing the level range of NPCs that will give 61+ level characters experience. They will have approximately the same range of NPCs available to them as they did at level 60, and should be able to gain experience in some of their old hunting grounds, as well as in Planes of Power zones.

Hooray.[/QUOTE]

I actually like the opening of the planes. I wasn't able to join my guild in these areas because they already passed through them and dont want to go back to help re flag.

now I'll be able to actually join with them.

I'm not a "dumbass" from one of the lower tier zones. I simply am unable to join my guild on things because they don't want ot go back. I can somewhat understand why, some of these flags are a huge pain in the ass.

And I kinda like D's idea...

But yeah, its bad that they have to let the dumbasses in too :/

[ 05-10-2003: Message edited by: Falaanla Marr ]

Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 05-10-2003 01:14:12 AM
He's not doing it for himself nessesarily, but for the entire EQ community. He's like a tiny virtual version of Karl Marx. Or something.
Skaw
posted 05-10-2003 01:14:37 AM
quote:
DƒU said this about your mom:
FUCK FUCK FUCK.

I agree. Flags really kept people who didn't know what the fuck they were doing out of areas where knowing what the fuck your doing is #1 priority.

Though it also does open the door for those who do know what the fuck they're doing, but are unable to get there through means of being in a guild. Like myself and many other good players of the game.

[ 05-10-2003: Message edited by: Skaw ]

Espio Idsavant
posted 05-10-2003 01:18:03 AM
What I think they should have done was make the flags guild based.

Kinda like how they are now, where if 80% of your raid has the flag, you can get in... but make it for the guild. So even if you are just going in solo, if 80% of the people who are in your guild are flagged, you can zone in.

Yea, there are problems with that idea (like, does that tagged level 1 mule in the bazaar count as part of the guild for figuring out if 80% have the flag?), but it would be better then letting every god damn person in the game into the zones!

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-10-2003 01:20:07 AM
quote:
Espio Idsavant had this to say about dark elf butts:
What I think they should have done was make the flags guild based.

Kinda like how they are now, where if 80% of your raid has the flag, you can get in... but make it for the guild. So even if you are just going in solo, if 80% of the people who are in your guild are flagged, you can zone in.

Yea, there are problems with that idea (like, does that tagged level 1 mule in the bazaar count as part of the guild for figuring out if 80% have the flag?), but it would be better then letting every god damn person in the game into the zones!

Maybe make it so every level 60+ in the guild are the only ones that count towards the 80% figure?

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 05-10-2003 01:21:06 AM
quote:
So quoth DƒU:

The last thing we need are all the dumbasses from PoN stinking up Valor and Storms

i finally busted my ass to get flagged for Valor/Storms and on Xegony this meant that at long last the huge number of fucking RETARDS was finally reduced in the zones i XP'd in.

now it's back to good ol' "Dumbfuck Asssucker shouts, "OMG j00 sux0r!!!!! j00 fucking KS'd my large rat!!!!!!!!!!!!" on a whole new level.

it was nice going into Valor pretty much at all times of the day and not encountering vast quantities of dipshits who don't know what the term "aggro management" means. but i guess any happiness that could be experienced will only last for a brief time in EQ.

but hey, this means that now, i can bring my soon to be level 46 Bst into HALLS OF FUCKING HONOR to be PL'd and not learn JACK SHIT about how to play a class in the 60+ PoP levels! Oh boy!

Maradon!
posted 05-10-2003 01:24:39 AM
quote:
Skaw wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
I agree. Flags really kept people who didn't know what the fuck they were doing out of areas where knowing what the fuck your doing is #1 priority.

Though it also does open the door for those who do know what the fuck they're doing, but are unable to get there through means of being in a guild. Like myself and many other good players of the game.

The flags were actually one of the better things they did with the game, in my opinion.

Not nesscessarily from a gameplay position, but from a roleplay position. If Parn had gotten an invite from Deedlit and joined a raid to kill Ashram at the beginning of the series, the whole thing would have sucked.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-10-2003 01:25:02 AM
quote:
Afro Gee's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
i finally busted my ass to get flagged for Valor/Storms and on Xegony this meant that at long last the huge number of fucking RETARDS was finally reduced in the zones i XP'd in.

now it's back to good ol' "Dumbfuck Asssucker shouts, "OMG j00 sux0r!!!!! j00 fucking KS'd my large rat!!!!!!!!!!!!" on a whole new level.

it was nice going into Valor pretty much at all times of the day and not encountering vast quantities of dipshits who don't know what the term "aggro management" means. but i guess any happiness that could be experienced will only last for a brief time in EQ.

but hey, this means that now, i can bring my soon to be level 46 Bst into HALLS OF FUCKING HONOR to be PL'd and not learn JACK SHIT about how to play a class in the 60+ PoP levels! Oh boy!

You can take your holier than thou attitude, and go fuck yourself with it Gee.

Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 05-10-2003 01:28:28 AM
quote:
Nwizzle Fo' Shizzle thought about the meaning of life:
He's not doing it for himself nessesarily, but for the entire EQ community. He's like a tiny virtual version of Karl Marx. Or something.

I don't think so. There's a whole lot of, "I did," and, "I worked," in his ultimatum. If he really wanted to make a statement and help the EQ community, he'd cancel his account straightaway instead of making grammatically incompetent threats. He strikes me as being afraid of abandoning his faux celebrity status.

The whole situation begs the question: If he thinks Verant is full of fuck-ups and hates their game, why is he still playing at all? Much as I'd like to see him go (and I don't even play anymore), all he's doing is pitching a little fit because something doesn't work the way he wants it to.

Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 05-10-2003 01:30:42 AM
oh i'm sorry, but i've had way too much experience on my server grouping with people who had bought there way into high level characters or who had friends who PL'd them from 1-60 and know NOTHING of how to play the game. character flags were the one thing that made it so that you actually had to have SOME knowledge of how to play the game to be able to progress. now the places i XP in are again gonna be filled with people who have NO idea how to play and are a liability to the group i'm with and to myself. i can't even count the number of times that i've died saving 4 people in my group because 1 dipshit doesn't know how to play the game.

if by "holier than thou" you mean, "learned how to play my class and fought through the trials to get flagged" then ya.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 05-10-2003 01:34:32 AM
quote:
Afro Gee had this to say about John Romero:
oh i'm sorry, but i've had way too much experience on my server grouping with people who had bought there way into high level characters or who had friends who PL'd them from 1-60 and know NOTHING of how to play the game. character flags were the one thing that made it so that you actually had to have SOME knowledge of how to play the game to be able to progress. now the places i XP in are again gonna be filled with people who have NO idea how to play and are a liability to the group i'm with and to myself. i can't even count the number of times that i've died saving 4 people in my group because 1 dipshit doesn't know how to play the game.

if by "holier than thou" you mean, "learned how to play my class and fought through the trials to get flagged" then ya.

I'm assuming you've always been perfect, right Geeorn? You've always been a perfect cleric from Day one?

I highly doubt that.

I am not saying that this is the greatest thing for EQ. But also, there are people whose guilds have passed these encounters, who do not want ot go back because they are a pain. I'm Valor and storms flagged. I cant move past that because my guild doesn't want to re do stuff like Behemoth unless there is absolutely nothing else out there to do, and they are bored. So since my guild does not want to come back and help, you are saying I don't know how to play my class since I cant round up SEVENTY ONE other people for ONE MOB? That makes no sense at all to me. I'm willing to go out on a limb here and say that I know the mage class more than you will EVER know the cleric class.

I believe that I know the game, and I'm pretty god damn sure that I have been playing as long as, if not longer than your sorry ass. I know my class well. EXTREMELY well. I know what I'm doing. Just because fuckwits are gonna be let in doesnt mean that there won't also be alot of GOOD QUALITY players let in that know there shit. Just because you are a level 61 cleric does not make you "God on Earth". It does not make you an authority on EQ. I'm not saying I am either...but if you don't like dumbasses in your group...BOOT THEM THE FIRST FUCKING CHANCE YOU GET AND NOTE THEIR NAMES. Don't constantly whine about it.

[ 05-10-2003: Message edited by: Falaanla Marr ]

ArchAngel
Not a girl, never will be, no matter how much you may hear differently
posted 05-10-2003 01:38:19 AM
Jesus, what is this, the fucking Marines?

It's a game, get over it.

"What power would hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of heaven?" -Dream, Sandman
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights, and lock the universe behind me as I leave." -Death, Sandman
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Dream, Sandman
Full sigpic image
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-10-2003 01:40:38 AM
quote:
Sentow, Maybe had this to say about Captain Planet:
all he's doing is pitching a little fit because something doesn't work the way he wants it to.

No, he's pitching a little fit because something doesn't work the way it should.

I mean, seriously. 80ish people to do the Rathe, and Plane of Time B only allows 18 people in it at a time.

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-10-2003 01:42:26 AM
And on a completely unrelated note, Gee whining about people being power leveled when he hopped from nothing to 60 in a few weeks is fucking hilarious.

Let it go, Gee. You battle Tier for the title of the biggest newbie who ever thought they weren't.

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 05-10-2003 01:42:35 AM
My cat's breath smells like cat food!

Stuff like this caused me to leave EQ, you now have two major factions that Sony is trying to appease at the same time. You have those leet doods that must have everything their way or they quit, Furor makes a good example here, and you have casual gamers, people that have played for nearly 5 years and have decided to adopt a more layed back manner of play. Sony can't keep both happy at the same time, some people need to realise this before they go off on some random rant about how the game is made to be fun for them and them alone. It's either juggle both factions, or drop one and keep the other, which would kill income.

Also, I do agree with the fact that there should be more people allowed to participate in the Plane of Time at once, maybe set up a sectioned type thing where one group goes, the next group waits for a period of time, and then they go, then another wait period, then the next group goes, and so on and so forth.

[ 05-10-2003: Message edited by: Fizodeth ]

Azymyth
Not gay; just weird
posted 05-10-2003 01:44:53 AM
Balance and -FUN- for -EVERYONE- is key, ya know? For the casual gamer, do you know how fucking hard it is to get up there? Sure, we don't spend the entirety of a single month getting a character of ours up 40+ whole levels; we putz around. We explore, it's the real highlight of our gaming experience, being able to see things and gaze in wonder; our lives prevent us from spending ungodly hours "jumping through hoops" just so we can get a glimpse at something.

Yeah, that may sound lazy to the powergamer, but hey? why are YOU set on getting what up to highest tier of planes? So you can say, "Fuck you, bitches! I got here first and killed the ultimate god! Haha!"? Sounds rather shallow to me.

I suffer from CRS: Can't Remember Shit.

Sig pic done by the very talented SJen!

Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 05-10-2003 01:45:29 AM
Unless he plays on Luclin, fuck even if he does play on Luclin, I don't give two shits. Hell, I don't even give one shit.

That is not the way to go about handling things you disagree with and want to change.

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

Skaw
posted 05-10-2003 01:47:21 AM
quote:
Comrade Snoota impressed everyone with:
And on a completely unrelated note, Gee whining about people being power leveled when he hopped from nothing to 60 in a few weeks is fucking hilarious.

Let it go, Gee. You battle Tier for the title of the biggest newbie who ever thought they weren't.

He totally forgets that the people who aren't that good at playing thier class were more than likely leveled up that high the same reason he was.

*cough*kei/boa+groupcastbug*cough*

In related news. Fuckers need to put LoY research stuff on tier 2+ mobs, and not just luclin boss zones.

I WANT DEMENTING VISIONS NOW

[ 05-10-2003: Message edited by: Skaw ]

Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 05-10-2003 01:49:31 AM
I believe I speak for the entirety of people who haven't played EQ since Velious, and this will probably sound rather ironic but...

Furor who? And why does he think if he quits that'll make one bit of difference?

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

Steven Steve
posted 05-10-2003 01:50:22 AM
Yeah, I have no clue who he is either
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 05-10-2003 01:51:43 AM
They should ignore it just because it's an ultimatum, and when/if he follows through, they could actually do the right thing.
[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 05-10-2003 01:52:08 AM
quote:
Fizodeth had this to say about Reading Rainbow:
some people need to realise this before they go off on some random rant about how the game is made to be fun for them and them alone

Psst.. his entire issue right now is with Plane of Time and the Rathe. Two things the casual gamer probably couldn't care less about, other than checking out the loots on some guild's website.

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 05-10-2003 01:53:39 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Comrade Snoota said this:
Psst.. his entire issue right now is with Plane of Time and the Rathe. Two things the casual gamer probably couldn't care less about, other than checking out the loots on some guild's website.

Nevermind, I was linking two things incorrectly. Friends don't let friends post while suffering from sleep deprivation.

[ 05-10-2003: Message edited by: Fizodeth ]

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: