EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Questions
liquidsub
I LIKE TO STEAL STUFF. THIS POST IS PROBABLY ABOUT HOW ITS SILLY TO PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN JUST DOWNLOAD FOR FREE
posted 03-23-2003 10:46:58 PM
1 Where do I download Battlefield 1942?
2 What's a good PS2 game to get? (I'm into fighting (Street Fighter) and RPG's (Final Fantasy is my favorite))
3 Is FF11 worth waiting for? Or should I just (download) some other MMORPG already?
4 Agreed that gym class sucks major ass?
5 Breasts are one of the most wonderful body parts of a woman.
DVD Fansub Distribution: www.liquidanime.com
Kekvit Irae
Pancake
posted 03-23-2003 10:51:07 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by liquidsub:
2 What's a good PS2 game to get? (I'm into fighting (Street Fighter) and RPG's (Final Fantasy is my favorite))
3 Is FF11 worth waiting for? Or should I just (download) some other MMORPG already?

1. From your local game store, at the cost of about fourty bucks US.
2. Dynasty Warriors 3/4 is a good choice
3. Eh.
4. Eh.
5. ^_^

Kinanik
Upset about being titless
posted 03-23-2003 10:51:59 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on liquidsub!
At the store
FFX? DMC2
No
Not really
Sometimes

Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 03-23-2003 10:54:45 PM
1. Try searching for goatse...
2. Wild Arms 3 isn't bad
3. *Uses Divine powers*...Yes, it's worth waiting for. How would you download a MMORPG, anyway? Wouldn't you still need to buy a CD key?
4. Gym class isn't too bad.
5. I don't think that was a question.

What's with you and downloading everything?

Are you better than game developers?

EDIT: I forgot to answer it!

[ 03-23-2003: Message edited by: Where's Waisz? ]

[b].sig removed by Mr. Parcelan[/b]
liquidsub
I LIKE TO STEAL STUFF. THIS POST IS PROBABLY ABOUT HOW ITS SILLY TO PAY FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU CAN JUST DOWNLOAD FOR FREE
posted 03-23-2003 11:43:06 PM
I hate paying for things that I can get for free. But I have an FF collection so I'll buy all the FF games. (Don't forget Berserk)
Why pay for a hooker when you can get a girlfriend? (Or in women's words: a "fuck buddy")
Why pay for food when you got food in the fridge thanks to mom's shopping?
Why pay for games when you can download them?
Why pay for anime when you can download them?

That's why I want to download Battlefield. Kazaa does not have it, all the files are just other games. Where else can I try to find it? I'm not using my 40 bucks cause I'm using that money for blockbuster rentals and DVD blanks.

I would download PS2 games, but I kind of don't know how, and the waiting line (IRC) is longer than Disney Land. So instead I'll just borrow from friends/rent from Blockbuster.

I'll use my money to get mostly hardware. I want a digital camera. That's what? 200 bucks? If I didn't know that I could download things for free, I would buy them and the camera would be on the waiting list; not to mention getting money for all the things I could have downloaded would take me long enough.

And my main problem is: I have a fear of spending money on something when there was a better thing to buy (or I could have gotten it cheaper). Let's say I spend 50 on Devil May Cry 2 but it sucks. But later on I buy Star Ocean 2 and it is a better game and is only 20 bucks. I regret ever buying Devil May Cry 2, a game I'd never play again and that I could have saved the 30 dollars after buying SO2, a game that I enjoy and continue to play. That make's me feel bad. Not to mention that there's going to be a Star Ocean 3. That drives me crazy. What if I buy a game but a sequal comes out right after? I remember buying Street Fighter EX 2 then found out that a 3 was coming out very soon. I remember being super pissed.

I'll buy legit stuff if it's cheap enough for me to not care about the price, or if I love it enough to want to collect like Berserk of FF.

I just took a look around my room; I don't own many things... everything is on my computer... the walls are white and plain, my shelves have almost nothing on them, nothing is on the ground, my small collection of DVD's are neatly in order in a shelf, and my cat just meowed... yep....

Steven Steve
posted 03-23-2003 11:50:47 PM
Only wimps and girls dislike gym class.

Oh yeah, and don't ask where to get warez here. Fuck. Damn.

[ 03-23-2003: Message edited by: Fazum'Zen Fastfist ]

"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Burger
BANNED!
posted 03-23-2003 11:57:23 PM
quote:
liquidsub had this to say about the Spice Girls:
I hate paying for things that I can get for free. But I have an FF collection so I'll buy all the FF games. (Don't forget Berserk)
Why pay for a hooker when you can get a girlfriend? (Or in women's words: a "fuck buddy")
Why pay for food when you got food in the fridge thanks to mom's shopping?
Why pay for games when you can download them?
Why pay for anime when you can download them?

That's why I want to download Battlefield. Kazaa does not have it, all the files are just other games. Where else can I try to find it? I'm not using my 40 bucks cause I'm using that money for blockbuster rentals and DVD blanks.

I would download PS2 games, but I kind of don't know how, and the waiting line (IRC) is longer than Disney Land. So instead I'll just borrow from friends/rent from Blockbuster.

I'll use my money to get mostly hardware. I want a digital camera. That's what? 200 bucks? If I didn't know that I could download things for free, I would buy them and the camera would be on the waiting list; not to mention getting money for all the things I could have downloaded would take me long enough.

And my main problem is: I have a fear of spending money on something when there was a better thing to buy (or I could have gotten it cheaper). Let's say I spend 50 on Devil May Cry 2 but it sucks. But later on I buy Star Ocean 2 and it is a better game and is only 20 bucks. I regret ever buying Devil May Cry 2, a game I'd never play again and that I could have saved the 30 dollars after buying SO2, a game that I enjoy and continue to play. That make's me feel bad. Not to mention that there's going to be a Star Ocean 3. That drives me crazy. What if I buy a game but a sequal comes out right after? I remember buying Street Fighter EX 2 then found out that a 3 was coming out very soon. I remember being super pissed.

I'll buy legit stuff if it's cheap enough for me to not care about the price, or if I love it enough to want to collect like Berserk of FF.

I just took a look around my room; I don't own many things... everything is on my computer... the walls are white and plain, my shelves have almost nothing on them, nothing is on the ground, my small collection of DVD's are neatly in order in a shelf, and my cat just meowed... yep....

If i knew you in real life, you'd be on your way to the hospital.

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Maradon!
posted 03-24-2003 12:01:51 AM
Now now, not having a lot of money is a perfectly good excuse for stealing things.
Super Kagrama
ROFLELFOLOL!!!11!1 YUO CAN'T RAED MY POSTSSE!@!11
posted 03-24-2003 12:02:38 AM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist wrote, obviously thinking too hard:
Only wimps and girls dislike gym class.

Dodgeball is one of the true saviors of the boring school day.

i shoueld joeg threw the foreast moer offeand!!11
Snugglits
I LIKE TO ABUSE THE ALERT MOD BUTTON AND I ENJOY THE FLAVOR OF SWEET SWEET COCK.
posted 03-24-2003 12:02:43 AM
So, are you going to live in a stolen home some day, too?

Or does your stealing agenda only apply to intellectually copyrighted media?

No harm in this question, just asking.

I suppose I shouldn't talk. I download a lot of anime from Stramload, but at least a lot of it isn't available in the US when I do so.

Remember, kiddies, if everything was free, this would be communism. DEATH TO THE REDS!

[ 03-24-2003: Message edited by: Where's Waisz? ]

MorbId
Pancake
posted 03-24-2003 12:03:40 AM
quote:
Maradon XP had this to say about Robocop:
Now now, not having a lot of money is a perfectly good excuse for stealing things.

As is "feeling bad."

We wouldn't want anyone to feel bad just because something they bought wasn't completely worth the money.

[ 03-24-2003: Message edited by: MorbId ]

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 03-24-2003 12:04:45 AM
Oh Christ, this is sad.
Kinanik
Upset about being titless
posted 03-24-2003 12:05:15 AM
Wow, you're dumb.
Gully Foyle is my name
And Terra is my nation
Deep space is my dwelling place
The stars my destination
Steven Steve
posted 03-24-2003 12:05:52 AM
Hey guys, anyone know where I can download a brain?
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Maradon!
posted 03-24-2003 12:06:13 AM
quote:
MorbId obviously shouldn't have said:

As is "feeling bad."

We wouldn't want anyone to feel bad just because something they bought wasn't completely worth the money.

Yeah! It's not like you can take things back to the store and get a refund.

Clearly, this is not an attempt to justify larceny.

Snugglits
posted 03-24-2003 12:08:00 AM
quote:
Fazum'Zen Fastfist enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
Hey guys, anyone know where I can download a brain?

What, was the line in IRC to get one too long?

Ocyrrhoe Trazere
Bootylicious!!
posted 03-24-2003 12:13:14 AM
quote:
liquidsub had this to say about Pirotess:
-snip-

Oh god you are so dead.

NOT the kind of speech you want to give on EC.

[ 03-24-2003: Message edited by: Ocyrrhoe Trazere ]

"Come at me. Every inch of me will resist you."

Full sigpic image.
Liam - "Caitlin: You terrify me, but in a good way."

Suddar
posted 03-24-2003 12:14:52 AM
Why be intelligent when you can live like liquidsub?
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 03-24-2003 12:26:35 AM
Liquid, I am in awe of just how badly you stepped in it. I strongly suggest you read the rules right away.
I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Ryuujin
posted 03-24-2003 12:27:35 AM
Woh, Moron.
Sean
posted 03-24-2003 12:27:56 AM
I can't find a life on eBay or Kazaa.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 03-24-2003 12:49:36 AM
God forbid you actually SUPPORT a company that makes a game you might enjoy.

You can get ANYTHING for free in this world. Whether or not its legal or right to do, is another thing.

Its thanks to people like YOU that we have so many problems with copyright protection nowadays for those of us that LEGITIMATELY buy games and music CDs.

See, the way our economy works: You want something, you PAY for it. You pay other people for producing it. You pay other people for taking the time to get the materials to produce what you want, among many other things.

Im guessing, since stealing is OK, you wouldnt mind me coming and stealing your computer, right?

Thanks, wanker.

[ 03-24-2003: Message edited by: Falaanla Marr ]

Freschel Spindrift
Caucasian
posted 03-24-2003 12:56:28 AM
Oopsie, someone here did a no no.
Who's that crazy kook that's destroying the world. It's Zorc (That's me) It's Zorc and Pals.
Bakura: Did you forget our anniversary, again? (laughter)
Zorc: Yes, I was busy destroying the world (laughter) Slaughtering millions. (Laughter)
Bakura: That's my Zorc.
The blood of the innocents will flow without end. His name is Zorc, and he's destroying the world.
Drysart
Pancake
posted 03-24-2003 01:40:30 AM
I like breasts.
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 03-24-2003 01:44:15 AM
I'm more of an ass man, myself. Breasts are nice, but give me a nice ass any day!
You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 03-24-2003 01:46:02 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Maradon XP wrote:
Yeah! It's not like you can take things back to the store and get a refund.

I don't know of any stores that let you return games that you don't like

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 03-24-2003 01:59:23 AM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Frog said:
I'm more of an ass man, myself. Breasts are nice, but give me a nice ass any day!

Well, naturally. Not every man has breasts.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

liquidsub
posted 03-24-2003 02:32:12 AM
I've already said that I only steal software stuff. I always buy hardware.
As for the food and hooker thing, well that was a joke I was just trying to be funny.

It's my phobia that's stopping me from buying software.

liquidsub
posted 03-24-2003 02:35:50 AM
I take back the thing I said about SO2 because RPGs are always different.
A sequal to a fighting game is usually a better update making the first game obsolete. Or at least the way I see it yeah.
(Marvel vs Capcom 2, Cap vs SNK 2, Street Fighter Zero 3)
Maradon!
posted 03-24-2003 02:36:18 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and liquidsub was all like:
I've already said that I only steal software stuff. I always buy hardware.

Oh, well that makes it OK then!

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 03-24-2003 02:38:50 AM
So, wait. It's everyone elses fault that you are afraid to buy a game you don't like?

What the fuck happened to reviews? Or, perhaps asking someone on AIM/ICQ/IRC/whatthefuckever "Hey, is game x any good?"

No, that'd require work. Obviously you're above that.

Drysart
Pancake
posted 03-24-2003 02:41:20 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when liquidsub said this:
I've already said that I only steal software stuff.

Do you realize you're posting on a message forum owned and operated by someone that creates software for a living?

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 03-24-2003 02:42:14 AM
quote:
Drysart had this to say about Knight Rider:
Do you realize you're posting on a message forum owned and operated by someone that creates software for a living?

Gets some Popcorn.

This is gonna be good.

Love your titling stick, Drysart.

[ 03-24-2003: Message edited by: Delphi Aegis ]

liquidsub
posted 03-24-2003 02:48:28 AM
Actually I read a billion reviews from many sites and people. Theres simply not a game I want at the moment though. To admit, I buy games that I really want.

Did I say it's everyone else's fault that I'm afraid to buy a game I might not like? I don't think I did... I'm too lazy to check my 'speech' to see if I said that. I don't blame others so there's your answer.

Not the kinda speech I should give out on EC? Why? I just answered someone's question and it ended up being really long.

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 03-24-2003 02:49:43 AM
Are you really that stupid, son?

This board is anti-warez. Downloading software and talking about it here will get you many enemies and few friends.

Delphi Aegis
posted 03-24-2003 02:50:17 AM
quote:
liquidsub had this to say about Cuba:
Actually I read a billion reviews from many sites and people. Theres simply not a game I want at the moment though. To admit, I buy games that I really want.

Did I say it's everyone else's fault that I'm afraid to buy a game I might not like? I don't think I did... I'm too lazy to check my 'speech' to see if I said that. I don't blame others so there's your answer.

Not the kinda speech I should give out on EC? Why? I just answered someone's question and it ended up being really long.

If there's no game you want, why are you downloading them?
I guess you're too lazy to find out.

liquidsub
posted 03-24-2003 02:51:04 AM
Um... I don't find it silly to pay for things. I just have a big fear of wasting money on certain things, so I'm extra cautious about some things.

Here's another hint, when I say I never buy software, it's actually not never. More like a lot of times.

Is this what this is all about? Everyone is insulted cause you feel that I'm saying you are all suckers? I'm just talking about only me. I respect what everyone else does with their money. I'm cool with everyone paying for whatever. I don't think anyone is a sucker.

[ 03-24-2003: Message edited by: liquidsub ]

Delphi Aegis
posted 03-24-2003 02:53:52 AM
quote:
This one time, at liquidsub camp:
Um... I don't find it silly to pay for things. I just have a big fear of wasting money on certain things, so I'm extra cautious about some things.

Here's another hint, when I say I never buy software, it's actually not never. More like a lot of times.

I look forward to the day when you get out of your mother's basement and into the real world, and actually have to take risks once in a while.

Maybe you should crawl back into your safe, warm coccon and let the world pass you by.

liquidsub
posted 03-24-2003 02:55:23 AM
I live in my own separate room and I'm still young.
I used to not have this phobia but now I just got it and can't escape.
I take more risks than you can actually imagine believe it or not.
Led
*kaboom*
posted 03-24-2003 02:57:17 AM
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: