EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Thank you to the US Military
Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 02-18-2003 11:48:55 PM
http://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html

They should add the line "And putting up with GW's bullshit" but I signed it anyway.

On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 02-18-2003 11:56:33 PM
Yes, thank you for being easilly manipulated and brainwashed into doing whatever the govt. tells you. /saaaaalute
Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 02-19-2003 12:08:13 AM
quote:
Verily, Bummey the Fool doth proclaim:
Yes, thank you for being easilly manipulated and brainwashed into doing whatever the govt. tells you. /saaaaalute

Military is a necessary evil, luckily in our case it is completely voluntary. People that are in the military are doing it because they want to and believe in their cause. I have yet to hear someone say that if they had the chance to go back and join or not join that they wouldnt join. Even the ones that tell me not to enlist wouldnt trade in their experiences.

As for your comments about being manipulated and brainwashed. I'm sure you goto work or school 5 days a week and are "manipulated and brainwashed" into doing what your boss/teacher tells you to do. Because you know... being in the military IS a job you know.

[ 02-19-2003: Message edited by: Pesco ]

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 02-19-2003 12:09:03 AM
And here come the little wannabe flamers who think they have some grasp of how the world works and desperately want an opinion!

Hooray!

Sean
posted 02-19-2003 12:12:39 AM
All new threads should have to be approved by a council before they are permitted to clog up the front page.
A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

nem-x
posted 02-19-2003 12:14:10 AM
The council will consist of nem-x.
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 02-19-2003 12:15:08 AM
And Bill Bradsky.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 02-19-2003 12:17:46 AM
quote:
Bummey the Fool's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:

People like you make me sick. Honestly. The only reason you're allowed to say things like that stupid, 13 year old wannabe-political-but-failing-hard comment is BECAUSE of the soldiers who keep you free. That is honestly the single stupidest thing I have ever read on these boards. And I've been going here a long time. Stop taking Political lessons from Geeorn.

How did that old quote go? "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"?

[ 02-19-2003: Message edited by: Frog ]

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Lyinar Ka`Bael
Are you looking at my pine tree again?
posted 02-19-2003 12:19:47 AM
I don't have anything to add except "Amen, Snoota"

Lyinar Ka`Bael, Piney Fresh Druidess - Luclin

OtakuPenguin
Peels like a tangerine, but is juicy like an orange.
posted 02-19-2003 12:21:10 AM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Lyinar Ka`Bael said this:
..:: This Is The Sound Of Settling ::..
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 02-19-2003 12:28:52 AM
quote:
Lyinar Ka`Bael had this to say about Knight Rider:
I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 02-19-2003 12:31:25 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Bummey the Fool:

you are a complete and total fucknut. the military of the US is made up of people who will freely lay down thier lives in the hope that they will defend this country.

of course, Snoota thinks that because i'm against military action....well....anywhere on moral grounds that i instantly vilify anyone in the military. but then, i'm just a goddamn flag burning liberal with absolutely no depth of character beyond my political beliefs. because as i'm sure everyone here knows, it's IMPOSSIBLE to be anything other than a political belief.

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 02-19-2003 12:33:06 AM
I'm pretty sure you just picked up Anti-Bush notions because you thought it would be cool.
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 02-19-2003 12:33:16 AM
There are two examples I use in Political threads!

I use Azizza as the butt of the, "NUKE THE DAMN TOWEL HEADS!" jokes.

I use you as the butt of the, "MAKE LOVE NOT WAR AND OMG BUSH SUCKS AND RUMSFIELD IS A BATSHIT WAR MONGER SADDAM HUSSEIN IS JUST MISSUNDERSTOOD" jokes.

Nothing personal.

You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Dr. Gee
posted 02-19-2003 12:38:59 AM
quote:
How.... Frog.... uughhhhhh:
There are two examples I use in Political threads!

I use Azizza as the butt of the, "NUKE THE DAMN TOWEL HEADS!" jokes.

I use you as the butt of the, "MAKE LOVE NOT WAR AND OMG BUSH SUCKS AND RUMSFIELD IS A BATSHIT WAR MONGER SADDAM HUSSEIN IS JUST MISSUNDERSTOOD" jokes.

Nothing personal.

ok

Nicole
The hip-hop-happiest bunny in all of marshmallow woods
posted 02-19-2003 12:39:59 AM
*makes love*

... oh shit, have a surplus, uhm...

*dumps the excess love into the ocean*

*watches whales choke on all the love and die*

... well, erm.

*sidles out*

No, I have absolutely nothing to contribute to this thread.

I just spent
my last cent
purchasing this poverty.

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 02-19-2003 01:21:58 AM
quote:
Nicole had this to say about Captain Planet:
*makes love*

... oh shit, have a surplus, uhm...

*dumps the excess love into the ocean*

*watches whales choke on all the love and die*

... well, erm.

*sidles out*

No, I have absolutely nothing to contribute to this thread.

Blindy
posted 02-19-2003 01:40:08 AM
You hosers ruined my thread.
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 02-19-2003 01:48:45 AM
quote:
Blindy McBlinderson enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:
You hosers ruined my thread.

Your horses ruined my crop!

Blindy
posted 02-19-2003 01:52:28 AM
your crop was rotten anyway!
King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 02-19-2003 02:00:04 AM
quote:
Blindy McBlinderson had this to say about John Romero:
your crop was rotten anyway!

Don't you be talkin' smack 'bout my crop!

Dr. Gee
posted 02-19-2003 02:02:13 AM
?
Faelynn LeAndris
Lusty busty redheaded wood elf with sharp claws
posted 02-19-2003 02:02:47 AM
Would all the quasi-pacifists like to tell me what THEY suggest the solutions to these conflicts are? Kiss and makeup? Or as some of the hollywood dipshits like to suggest "diplomacy" by adding more UN inspectors, open communications, etc etc.

Tell me what getting more UN inspectors in will do? Tell me what more talking will solve? Tell me just exactly what a passive stance will accomplish.

Peace cannot exist without war. Without war there is no peace to get comfortable in. So what? We sit back, and take the diplomatic approach in some blind, and completely stupid, ideal that Hussein can be talked down, that all he needs is a little understanding and this can all be averted?

Has anyone forgoten that that entire part of the world has been a thorn in America's side since before most of us were born, and that all the time, in order to keep up international face, that we backed off dealing with the issue in force, that they have only grown stronger? So we let in more inspectors that can be skirted around and led, as has been the case in the past. If he wants things hidden, he can hide them. Period. He can be as openly cooperative as he wants, and still hide what he chooses. This is fact, and we know it. Talk nice, play nice? To what end? HOw long has this shit been going on and accomplishing anything except stalling tactics, and more international errors, and costs to the american people?

Want to bring up North Korea? Yeah North Korea is nuclear capable. However, they lack the ability to globally attack... Can the same be said for Hussein? Supposedly. But you know what, he's the difference between NK being a semi domesticated wolf, and Iraq being a wild dog. A wolf may turn, but it's open and understood, and handlers are quick to capable outcomes. A wild dog is unknown, unpredictable, vicious. Not to mention with the backing of many terrorist organizations, support in Korea, and other unified "undergroud" groups. Husseins reach is far larger, far less understood, and far more dangerous BECAUSE it's so unknown and so far reaching.

To those who say give peace a chance, I'd really like to know how you can feel that way, support that view, and back it up with logical action.

And to those who bitch about the government, war, and the long arm of America. Get a clue. The only reason you can express your distaste is because of the very things you protest. The only reason you exist outside of repression, and live in a country that gives you the luxuries you so choose to take for granted is because someone else died to make it possible. In a war, where innocent people died, but where an ideal to choose freedom won out in the end. You are free, because you are ALLOWED to be free. It has since become a right, and something that is so easily taken for granted today. This nation revels in apathy now, and I find it pathetic.

Snoota had the best quote of all. Kudos to that one.

My LAUNCHCast Station
"Respect the Forest, Fear the Ranger"
I got lost for an hour and became god.
Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 02-19-2003 02:22:47 AM
quote:
Frog's unholy Backstreet Boys obsession manifested in:
That is honestly the single stupidest thing I have ever read on these boards. And I've been going here a long time.

Woohoo! Hot damn, I am good.

Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 02-19-2003 02:54:15 AM
quote:
We were all impressed when Faelynn LeAndris wrote:
Snoota had the best quote of all. Kudos to that one.

I did some checking up and it seems to be by Father Dennis Edward O'Brien, an ex-Marine Corps Chaplin.

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 02-19-2003 04:58:10 AM
quote:
Frog had this to say about the Spice Girls:
People like you make me sick. Honestly. The only reason you're allowed to say things like that stupid, 13 year old wannabe-political-but-failing-hard comment is BECAUSE of the soldiers who keep you free. That is honestly the single stupidest thing I have ever read on these boards. And I've been going here a long time. Stop taking Political lessons from Geeorn.

How did that old quote go? "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag and whose coffin is draped by the flag that allows the protester to burn the flag"?

That was nothing short of beautiful.

hey
Bummey the Fool
Prefers to play with men
posted 02-19-2003 05:29:53 AM
Hot damn it's easy to bullshit and get a nice reaction on this board.
Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 02-19-2003 05:50:41 AM
quote:
Bummey the Fool enlisted the help of an infinite number of monkeys to write:

BAD EXCUSE WARNING. BAD EXCUSE WARNING.

Please collect your head from your ass and try again.

You're much better off admitting you made a stupidass comment than trying to slip out of it. Noone here is ever fooled by shit like the above comment. Being straightforward will save some of your reputation, otherwise it's going to go straight down the shitter as fast as this thread did.

[ 02-19-2003: Message edited by: Zaza ]

Bloodsage
Heart Attack
posted 02-19-2003 10:16:46 AM
quote:
Bummey the Fool had this to say about Tron:

Consider yourself lucky I don't have the time or opportunity to hang out here much, because I'm deployed.

Hang out 'til I get back, though. Please.

To reign is worth ambition, though in Hell:
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

--Satan, quoted by John Milton

Sean
posted 02-19-2003 10:19:01 AM
quote:
T. E. Bloodsage had this to say about Cuba:
Consider yourself lucky I don't have the time or opportunity to hang out here much, because I'm deployed.

Hang out 'til I get back, though. Please.

Bummey has been greenlit.

I love this thread.

A Kansas City Shuffle is when everybody looks right, you go left.

It's not something people hear about.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 02-19-2003 10:52:25 AM
My dad served in the army. He got a medical discharge from the service when I was 2 or 3 (he fucked up his knees bad on a chopper drop in 'Nam) and we moved from Ft. Hood to Dallas.

I've been told by him on more than one occasion that if I considered military service that he'd come kick my ass from one end of the base I was at to the other. He has his issues with his service, but he wouldn't trade them for anything. He doesn't want me to go through the same issues that he's had to deal with since getting out (basically PTSD wound up being the root cause of my parent's divource) but he did make it crystal clear that the only reason I can breath free air is because of men like him. "We willingly gave up our freedoms and liberty to ensure that no one else would have to."

The folks who step up for military service are generally some of the most giving people put on this earth. They've willingly stepped up and put asside their safety and peace to ensure that the rest of us will not have to. These assholes that bitch about not wanting to do military service are some of the lowest form of scum around. I personally didn't want to do military service, however if I had to, I would. The people that tend to bitch about the military are the people who wouldn't answer the call to arms unless someone was holding a gun on their family, and some wouldn't do it even then.

If you can't take pride in or at least respect the people and the services who help provide the security and freedoms that you were born with, please feel free to get the fuck out.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Reynar
Oldest Member
Best Lap
posted 02-19-2003 10:57:40 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Bummey the Fool wrote:

Trolling are we? Why not just save your energy and not post, instead go out into the world and use those witty brain powers of yours for good!

Who knows, we might all get lucky and you get hit by a bus in the process.

"Give me control of a nation's money, and I care not who makes its laws."
-Mayer Rothschild
Azrael Heavenblade
Damn Dirty Godmoder
posted 02-19-2003 12:04:05 PM
Hey, the US military is responsible for just about all the freedoms we can enjoy today, along with our liberty. If they weren't such an overwhelming presence in the world, we'd be a hell of a lot more vulnerable, and every nutjob with a bug up his ass and a rifle in his hand would come looking for us. Do they have to give up their personal liberties and peace briefly? Yes, but its so we don't have to give up ours, like in the days of the Revolution when we still had militia. Do most soldiers have a means of controlling where they're sent most times? No, but they'll do so out of dedication to this country.

While I have more important interests at hand than military service, such as a higher education and getting into a high-paying job, if I were to be called upon in a draft, you can bet that I'd be packed up and ready to go the next day. Just about every eldest son in my family's lineage has at least been presented with the duty to serve, even if they did or didn't get a chance to serve. My great-grandfather fought in WWI, both my grandfathers in WWII, my great uncle fought in both Korea and Vietnam, my Dad nearly got called for the draft for Vietnam, and would have gone immediately had he been. There hasn't been a draft since, but if there is one, I won't shirk my duty.

They say that those who haven't experienced wars are the ones who most frequently criticize it. I've known many different soldiers, some old, some young, but each impressed me with their dedication and patriotism. Even my ninth-grade history teacher, suffering from complications due to Agent Orange during Vietnam still didn't regret what he did, that he was glad he had a chance to fight for his country.

As far as Iraq goes, sooner or later they're going to slip up, or attack, and it will be in that instant when we go in and take them out. Are they a bigger threat than North Korea? Maybe not, but they're too highly suspicious to be totally left alone, and have had a history of being belligerent not only to the US, but to the UN and others. If we go to war with them, the brave men and women who are going off to fight will have my support. And I'm willing to bet that we'll sift some cleverly hidden WMD out of the rubble, where they had been moved away from inspectors.

"The basic tool for manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them." - Philip K. Dick
Suddar
posted 02-19-2003 12:12:44 PM
I don't care if you don't respect the US Government, you've gotta respect the military.

They're willing to give their life so that people like Bummey can bitch about them. There are no words for how deeply I respect our armed forces, and I'm glad to see them getting recognized.

Cleopatra
Pancake
posted 02-19-2003 12:29:43 PM
Hey guys who are you talking to in this thread?
Suddar
posted 02-19-2003 12:31:43 PM
quote:
The logic train ran off the tracks when Dolemite said:

*joins your harem*

Azizza
VANDERSHANKED
posted 02-19-2003 12:33:42 PM
quote:
Verily, Dolemite doth proclaim:

Always good to have a Mod with a sense of Humor

"Pacifism is a privilege of the protected"
Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 02-19-2003 12:35:19 PM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Dolemite:

I Dolemite.

Do I get a discount on a ho'?

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 02-19-2003 12:50:57 PM
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Blindy
posted 02-19-2003 12:51:16 PM
quote:
Dolemite had this to say about Pirotess:

You're the greatest!

I want to have your manbabies.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: