EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Abortion
Star Collective
Pancake
posted 11-16-2002 03:59:22 PM
Post your opinions, but no arguments until tomorrow. I want everyone's position firmly out in the open before we begin the discussion.
The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. - Ursula K. LeGuin ~ The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas
»Waisztarroz«
Pancake
posted 11-16-2002 04:00:36 PM
I think we should allow abortions.

The last thing we need is more babies in the world with parents who really wouldn't care to have them.

I <3 Steel Battalion!
Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 11-16-2002 04:02:08 PM
Menstruation is murder.
MorbId
Pancake
posted 11-16-2002 04:02:27 PM
I think it should be kept around.

Anti-abortionists argue based on the idea that any life, even an abuse filled or miserable one, is better than death.

I don't agree.

Suddar
posted 11-16-2002 04:03:05 PM
While the idea of diffusing a potentially great (though on the other hand, they could be horrible) life before it can be born sucks, it's better than the alternatives.

Our environments play a large part in shaping our personality.

very important poster
a sweet title
posted 11-16-2002 04:03:53 PM
I am pro-abortion.
hey
Demos
Pancake
posted 11-16-2002 04:04:03 PM
Gotta remember that the reason they were allowed was because when they were illegal, some women were so ashamed that they tried to abort the child themselves, and often killed themselves. Coathanger abortions and such. Its the medical dilemma "They'll do it anyway, we should at least make sure its safer, with qualified personnel there".
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-16-2002 04:04:04 PM
I support it.
That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 11-16-2002 04:06:47 PM
i think a woman should get the final say on what goes on with her own snatch. :P
Star Collective
Pancake
posted 11-16-2002 04:07:47 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Demos said:
Gotta remember that the reason they were allowed was because when they were illegal, some women were so ashamed that they tried to abort the child themselves, and often killed themselves. Coathanger abortions and such. Its the medical dilemma "They'll do it anyway, we should at least make sure its safer, with qualified personnel there".

Discussions tomorrow, just positions today.

The trouble is that we have a bad habit, encouraged by pedants and sophisticates, of considering happiness as something rather stupid. Only pain is intellectual, only evil interesting. This is the treason of the artist: a refusal to admit the banality of evil and the terrible boredom of pain. - Ursula K. LeGuin ~ The Ones Who Walk Away From Omelas
Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-16-2002 04:08:04 PM
quote:
Veruca Salt had this to say about Matthew Broderick:
i think a woman should get the final say on what goes on with her own snatch. :P

eep *wince*

And I don't even have a snatch!

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Vorbis
Vend-A-Goat
posted 11-16-2002 04:09:38 PM
quote:
A sleep deprived Veruca Salt stammered:

Eloquently said!

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-16-2002 04:09:45 PM
quote:
Nobody really understood why Star Collective wrote:
Discussions tomorrow, just positions today.

I don't know how well that's gonna work; especially on such an issue as this.

Beer.

Tarquinn
Personally responsible for the decline of the American Dollar
posted 11-16-2002 04:16:17 PM
quote:
»Giantt« had this to say about the Spice Girls:
I am pro-abortion.
~Never underestimate the power of a Dark Clown.
Trillee
I <3 My Deviant
posted 11-16-2002 04:18:47 PM
My body, my choice.

*Pro-Choice*

Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 11-16-2002 04:18:51 PM
I couldn't a make pro- or anti- judgment because my opinion varies greatly depending on the circumstances and the fact I am not one to make judgment on things I can never entirely comprhend.
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 11-16-2002 04:34:28 PM
quote:
Veruca Salt had this to say about Punky Brewster:

I agree

I'm Pro-Choice, but that doesn't mean I like abortions. Just isnt my right to say you cant

[ 11-16-2002: Message edited by: Falaanla Marr ]

Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 11-16-2002 04:39:05 PM
Pro-Choice
Hostile Makeover
Evil as chocolate covered thistles
posted 11-16-2002 04:57:46 PM
Most definately pro-choice.

*holds her rant til tomorrow*

Cadga
Quite Insane
posted 11-16-2002 04:59:13 PM
being a man its non of my fucking business cause it will never be something i have to decide for myself.

If it was my baby Pro-life, but ultimatly its not my choice anyway, so i geuss im Pro-Choice.

Professional Sinner/Heretic
My mindless dribble
Azakias
Never wore the pants, thus still wields the power of unused (_|_)
posted 11-16-2002 05:00:42 PM
Conditionally pro-choice.

My only thought is that it shouldnt be used as a form of birth control.

"Age by age have men stood up and said to the world, 'From what has come before me, I was forged, but I am new and greater than my forebears.' And so each man walks the world in ruin, abandoned and untried. Less than the whole of his being"
Cass
Pancake
posted 11-16-2002 05:03:25 PM
quote:
There was much rejoicing when Aanile said this:
My body, my choice.

*Pro-Choice*

Demos
Pancake
posted 11-16-2002 05:03:45 PM
So what happens tomorrow? The gag rule comes home to the US and we can't talk about it either, or our taxes go up? </sarcasm>
Cadga
Quite Insane
posted 11-16-2002 05:08:41 PM
quote:
Demos obviously shouldn't have said:
So what happens tomorrow? The gag rule comes home to the US and we can't talk about it either, or our taxes go up? </sarcasm>

gag rule?
doesnt that have soemthing to dow ith oral sex?

or is my mind in the gutter again... not that it ever left

Professional Sinner/Heretic
My mindless dribble
Demos
Pancake
posted 11-16-2002 05:13:58 PM
Basically forbids any foreign organization that receives US funding from expressing pro-choice views or lobbying for pro-choice legislation without having their funding revoked.
Chalesm
There is no innuendo in this title.
posted 11-16-2002 05:20:20 PM
Wow, it looks like this may be a very one-sided debate tomorrow.

Pro-choice (though my position is a little more complicated than just that, I'll wait for tomorrow to explain it)

In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Douglas Adams, 1952-2001

Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 11-16-2002 05:30:26 PM
Pro choice

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Burger
BANNED!
posted 11-16-2002 05:48:09 PM
Pro choice here, I feel that i have no right to tell someone else what to do with their body. However, i do not believe in late term abortions. If you're at the point where the child could survive a premature birth, i think it's too late to morally abort.
Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Alleria Qui'farush
Chica!
posted 11-16-2002 05:51:45 PM
Even though I'm Catholic, I believe people should only get abortions if they're raped. If teenagers get pregnant with someone they meant to have sex with, then it's their own fault and they should live with their mistake.
Burger
BANNED!
posted 11-16-2002 05:57:38 PM
quote:
When the babel fish was in place, it was apparent Alleria Qui'farush said:
Even though I'm Catholic, I believe people should only get abortions if they're raped. If teenagers get pregnant with someone they meant to have sex with, then it's their own fault and they should live with their mistake.

what happens when your 14 year old sister starts sleeping around, gets pregnant, and she can't get an abortion? Are you telling me that the child has any chance at all of becoming well adjusted and having a normal childhood if it were raised by a 15 year old?

[edit] and if it were only available to rape victims, hoqw would we decide who was actually raped, and who was only saying that to get an abortion. That has the potential to become extremely ugly for the male populace. A woman decides to get an abortion, aso a man goes to jail for rape??? It wold either be that you have to say you were raped, in which case it changes nothing, or you need a conviction, which would send lots of innocent men to jail, and prevent a lot of women who were actually raped from getting an abortion, due to the lack of a conviction. Your system is flawed. [/edit]

[ 11-16-2002: Message edited by: Big_Mac ]

Bite me.

No, Really. Bite me.

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-16-2002 05:58:29 PM
And onward came the arguments!

Beer.

Monica
I've got an owie on my head :(
posted 11-16-2002 06:00:21 PM
quote:
Alleria Qui'farush was naked while typing this:
If teenagers get pregnant with someone they meant to have sex with, then it's their own fault and they should live with their mistake.

And that child - that whole other person - has to live with that mistake, too. And that kid did nothing to deserve the shit that's about to be inflicted on it. There is the rare occasion that that teenager actually becomes a decent parent. But how many teenagers do you know could handle suddenly having to shift their life from revolving around them to suddenly having to revolve it around another person for ~18+ years?

[ 11-16-2002: Message edited by: Veruca Salt ]

Alleria Qui'farush
Chica!
posted 11-16-2002 06:01:55 PM
quote:
Big_Mac attempted to be funny by writing:
what happens when your 14 year old sister starts sleeping around, gets pregnant, and she can't get an abortion? Are you telling me that the child has any chance at all of becoming well adjusted and having a normal childhood if it were raised by a 15 year old?

Discussing is to take place tomorrow.

By the way, I don't have a sister.

[ 11-16-2002: Message edited by: Alleria Qui'farush ]

Delphi Aegis
Delphi. That's right. The oracle. Ask me anything. Anything about your underwear.
posted 11-16-2002 06:04:58 PM
I have no opinion, because, as Kloie so eloquently put it, I do not have a "snatch".
Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 11-16-2002 06:22:00 PM
Pro-Choice.
Meridian
Pancake
posted 11-16-2002 07:28:59 PM
Pro-choice
Meridian Ascendant
Lacking a witty sig-phrase since 2001.
Pvednes
Lynched
posted 11-16-2002 07:31:51 PM
Pro-Choice.
Ferret
Poing! Poing!
posted 11-16-2002 07:33:17 PM
Pro-Choice.
Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 11-16-2002 07:41:23 PM
Anti-Abortion.

It's pretty much all morality based.

Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
nem-x
posted 11-16-2002 07:50:56 PM
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: