EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Since khyron is so damned lazy...
Blindy
Roll for initiative, Monkey Boy!
posted 09-03-2002 11:11:51 PM
You can now access his ftp server by
ftp://khyron.is-a-geek.com

and all his game servers by simply typing
khyron.is-a-geek.com
in the ip address field.

ha.

On a plane ride, the more it shakes,
The more I have to let go.
Oh shi...
what
posted 09-03-2002 11:17:54 PM
Blindy
posted 09-03-2002 11:18:22 PM
quote:
•Delidgamond• wrote, obviously thinking too hard:

???

Oh shi...
what
posted 09-03-2002 11:19:00 PM
I did not right "obviously thinking too hard" on my previous post

[ 09-03-2002: Message edited by: •Delidgamond• ]

Blindy
posted 09-03-2002 11:21:57 PM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when •Delidgamond• wrote:
I did not right "obviously thinking too hard" on my previous post

i wasn't making a joke, i set his server up on my dynamic dns account.

Nwist, Who?
Nwist
posted 09-04-2002 12:26:06 AM
quote:
•dnomagdileD• was listening to Cher while typing:

This however is funny.

Khyron
Hello, my mushy friend...
posted 09-04-2002 01:47:06 AM
quote:
Blind Swordsman had this to say about dark elf butts:
i wasn't making a joke, i set his server up on my dynamic dns account.

Yes, and thank you SO MUCH for consulting me first! Really, gee, I couldn't help but LOVE the idea of some stupid shit going out and registering crap to my IP address. If I want a domain for my FTP, then I will go and register one. The fact that I did not, should tell you something.

My servers, FTP and BF1942, are DOWN until that's removed.

[ 09-04-2002: Message edited by: Khyron ]

Lashanna
noob
posted 09-04-2002 01:52:27 AM
Way to go, Blindy. Smooth.

I don't understand a lot about networking and connections, but even I can see the obvious flaws here.

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 09-04-2002 01:54:29 AM
Blindy the suxx0rz.
I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Khyron
posted 09-04-2002 01:57:20 AM
While I'm certain that Blindy probably had good intentions, there's a couple obvious flaws that never entered into the stupid little shit's tiny little brain.

NUMBER ONE : The fact that he did this without consulting me first.

NUMBER TWO : The fact that, at this time, I DO NOT WANT ANY DNS POINTING TO MY IP'S.

Mhz may equal penis size for Blind Swordsman, but it's damn obvious it sure as hell doesn't equal brain power.

Lashanna
noob
posted 09-04-2002 02:00:34 AM
quote:
Khyron stopped beating up furries long enough to write:
Stuff

pwned.

Khyron
posted 09-04-2002 02:05:18 AM
The funny part is, he didn't even get the IP address correct. Neither the FTP server nor the game servers are running off my laptop, Blindy, but all the same, I'm serious about taking it down. DO IT NOW.
Naota Nandaba
Don't ask me about any goddamned bannings!
posted 09-04-2002 02:44:02 AM
This post was originally kind of flamish.

Simplified: Why are you upset? I don't see any legitimate cause for concern, Khyron.

Nothing amazing happens here.
Only the ordinary.
Khyron
posted 09-04-2002 02:51:03 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Kegwen 2.0:
This post was originally kind of flamish.

Simplified: Why are you upset? I don't see any legitimate cause for concern, Khyron.

Primary reason : My IP address, My servers, my decision as to whether or not I want to have a DNS entry for them. He did not ask, he did not warn, he simply took it upon himself to go ahead and do it without my permission.

Secondary reason : Because right now I do not want my servers public. ESPECIALLY not with Dyndns. Friend of mine signed up for Dyndns.org 's services for a very minor website (A website for an up-and-coming model, actually. I forget the URL offhand), and within a week already had three people port scanning his machine.

I DO plan on registering myself a domain name eventually. However, when it happens it'll be one I pick out, and it'll be after I've set up my actual server and such. I plan on hosting FTP, website, and games eventually, but first I'm going to build a machine which will act as a dedicated server for them all.

But, as I said, primary reason is because this was a 100% complete surprise to me and I don't like it when people decide that they're just going to up and do something involving my computers, without at the very LEAST letting me know about it beforehand.

Naota Nandaba
Don't ask me about any goddamned bannings!
posted 09-04-2002 02:52:39 AM
Makes more sense now.

Damn, I'm tired. Sorry. =/

Nothing amazing happens here.
Only the ordinary.
Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 09-04-2002 05:30:43 AM
Blindy, let me put this in a very simple way:

You are a rude, disrespectful fuck. Don't treat Khyron's FTP as your own.

K.

Blindy
posted 09-04-2002 07:55:18 AM
Ok, it's down.
Blindy
posted 09-04-2002 08:05:01 AM
quote:
Zaza had this to say about Punky Brewster:
Blindy, let me put this in a very simple way:

You are a rude, disrespectful fuck. Don't treat Khyron's FTP as your own.

K.

Zaza, let me put this in a very simple way:

Fuck off.

The rest of you too.

Khyron, I'm sorry I pissed you off. I've had all my computers registered with Dyndns for over two years now, I have more than one firewall on each of them, and I can tell you that the three port scan thing of your friend's is not the norm, I've been nothing but satisfied with the service. It was a spur of the moment thing and I'm sorry I didn't consult you first, Please forgive me.

As for the rest of you, the band wagon might SEEM like a cool place to hang out, but it's actually where they stuff all the fucktards. Welcome to fucktardia, population, YOU.

[ 09-04-2002: Message edited by: Blind Swordsman ]

Lashanna
noob
posted 09-04-2002 08:10:54 AM
Oh you understand us all so well, Blindy!
Blindy
posted 09-04-2002 08:21:41 AM
quote:
Lashanna thought about the meaning of life:
Oh you understand us all so well, Blindy!

it's not so much you lashy as the people who sent the 20 pm's i had in my mail box when i woke up today, which were all flames on the order of

quote:

OMG your a flaming faggot harhahra i bet you have sex wif you r dad hahahrharhha

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 09-04-2002 08:31:12 AM
(*Watches Taran's finger hover over the BAN USER button.*)
Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Blindy
posted 09-04-2002 08:33:48 AM
quote:
Ford Prefect spewed forth this undeniable truth:

ah yes, banned on the "you tried to do something nice and it backfired in your face" clause. My fate is sealed.

This thread no longer has a reason to exist, i request that it be closed.

[ 09-04-2002: Message edited by: Blind Swordsman ]

Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 09-04-2002 09:13:48 AM
Hilarious.
Maradon!
posted 09-04-2002 09:47:45 AM
quote:
ACES! Another post by Ford Prefect:

In all fairness, this thread turned into a gang-rape after the first post. People didn't ask about blindy's motivation or the results of his actions unless it happened outside this thread, and I doubt it did.

They didn't ask because they didn't care. Deli flames blindy for no real reason, then Khyron overreacts just a TAD, then all of a sudden, break out the vasaline folks! Everybody gets a piece whether they're related to the incident or not!

Mob mentality really makes me sick.

Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 09-04-2002 09:49:53 AM
My ass hurts from wearing this thong.
"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 09-04-2002 09:50:19 AM
quote:
Maradön² said:
break out the vasaline folks!

WOOHOO!

Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 09-04-2002 10:57:59 AM
quote:
Maradön² had this to say about Robocop:
break out the vasaline folks!

I find that Udder Balm works better, it's designed to help condition skin against the rigors of stretching and pulling.

Not that you really wanted to know that, of course.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Blindy
posted 09-04-2002 11:03:04 AM
hey! Really? that's great!

Moderators, lock the thread, please.

Suddar
posted 09-04-2002 11:09:34 AM
i don't understand what's so wrong here.

you people need to get a grip.

(and now the new guy prepares for the flames, for he should not have an opinion on such things)

Khyron
posted 09-04-2002 11:11:07 AM
Okay everyone, shut up and sit down, 'cuz I'm gonna 'splain something.

First off, Za said it best when he said 'Don't treat Khyron's FTP as your own'. This is something that's been going on between myself and Blindy for quite some time. He set up an FTP with ROMs, I set one up with more ROMs. He downloaded mine and stuck them on his, I added anime music videos to mine, etc etc etc.

I didn't mind him trying to keep up with me. Frankly, I don't give a damn if people use his FTP server over mine, since it frees up bandwidth for my other servers (Such as BF1942).

But I had a serious problem with what he did. Maradon, you're right it turned into a gang rape. I understand his motivation and his actions perfectly well. What you don't understand is that what he did came out of the blue for me. It was disrespectful and rude of him to go out and start registering my PC's for crap, even if it was with good intentions. I didn't even receive a PM stating he would do it, or a single message in any way, shape, or form. He simply did it, and I didn't even see until 2 hours later in this thread. THAT is what pissed me off big time, because my servers are not his, and whether or not I'm going to have a DNS address pointing to them is MY business and decision to make.

I explained it in full to the people in IRC, why it upset me, why I was really, really pissed off last night. I admit the whole 'All my servers will be DOWN until this is fixed' was primarily because I wanted to get other people behind my cause. That may have been a little overreacting, especially since I did it before I spoke with blindy about it. But don't you start going off on mob mentality. I was VERY pissed off at this, I let it known, and people agreed and saw my reasons behind it.

Blindy PM'ed me to let me know it was taken down, and I checked and it is in fact gone. My servers will be up as normal, and so long as Blindy realises that in the future, any nice ideas should probably be cleared with me FIRST, then we have no problems.

Capiche?

Blindy
posted 09-04-2002 11:18:36 AM
I never downloaded anything you've added to your server besides the roms, and I downloaded those for my own usage first and for others to download second. Saying that I've attempted to mirror your server for attention that i've tried to keep up with you or something would be a gross overstatement.

That said, I wasn't trying to be disrespectful or rude, I was just trying to help out. I'm sorry for the whole situation and I'm sorry that you feel that way. I'll delete the ecroms account off my ftp as well, no one's used it in months anyway.

Khyron
posted 09-04-2002 11:22:25 AM
quote:
Blind Swordsman stopped staring at Deedlit long enough to write:
I never downloaded anything you've added to your server besides the roms, and I downloaded those for my own usage first and for others to download second. Saying that I've attempted to mirror your server for attention that i've tried to keep up with you or something would be a gross overstatement.

That said, I wasn't trying to be disrespectful or rude, I was just trying to help out. I'm sorry for the whole situation and I'm sorry that you feel that way. I'll delete the ecroms account off my ftp as well, no one's used it in months anyway.

True. You can't deny, though, at first there was a more-than-healthy dose of competition between you and I over the FTP servers Like I said, if you want to do something nice that's fine, but ASK ME FIRST so at the very least I can give you my reasons why I may not like it.

Blindy
posted 09-04-2002 11:24:18 AM
in the future i'll do that.

by the way, would you like me to set up your server on my dyndns account?

Zaza
I don't give a damn.
posted 09-04-2002 11:29:23 AM
My attack didn't have anything to do with bandwagon jumping. And it's not the intention that counts.

Blindy has apologized and taking it down, everything is fine.

But what he did was indeed rude and disprectful, and it's something I've seen too many times. People tend to assume that just beacuse something is free, they're entitled to it, and somehow a part of it. In some cases, this is true, but choices like this one is always up to the owner of the server. Always.

"The best intentions may bring the worst results." if indeed you bring the worst results, it should be your ass that takes the heat, so it should be your server.

That simple.

[ 09-04-2002: Message edited by: Zaza ]

nem-x
posted 09-04-2002 11:38:13 AM
OMG your a flaming faggot harhahra i bet you have sex wif you r dad hahahrharhha

Suddar
posted 09-04-2002 11:39:09 AM
i'm a cucumber!
Khyron
posted 09-04-2002 11:45:26 AM
quote:
Blind Swordsman thought about the meaning of life:
in the future i'll do that.

by the way, would you like me to set up your server on my dyndns account?

No thank you.

First off, I've heard from fairly respectable sources locally, that there are problems with the service, such as the one listed above wherein a friend of mine was suddenly finding himself under close scrutiny by others

Second of all, I've got plans to put up a REAL (IE : www.cmb2000.com or whatever) DNS address to my machines. This will happen at around the time that I can get my dedicated server built. Once that happens, I don't want to put up with the hassle of having to contact you to get yours taken down, because who knows whether or not you'll even be around then.

And lastly, because XXXXX.is-a-geek.com doesn't suit me I don't find it offensive, it's just that I'm very, very picky about a lot of things, especially names. A little while ago, I asked for help creating a ship for Crimson Skies, that'll show you just how picky I am. I need it to be the PERFECT name... which means I'll have to set up registration and redirection myself, later on.

Random Insanity Generator
Condom Ninja El Supremo
posted 09-04-2002 11:53:03 AM
Well Khy, then be prepared to be really pissed off as I have entered you into my DNS server here at home, as well as into my host files at work. And no, I am never removing thoes entries.

If you want to be pissed because someone gave your IP address an alias, go for it. I think you're being childish as hell, but feel free. Portscanning has 0 to do with DNS. It does make you a bit easier to find, yes, but overall it means 0 since most of thoes are automated scripts scanning whole net blocks. Hell, I get an average of 15 scans a day from some dickwad in the .jp TLD. This is on top of other shits scanning my block on occasions. They did this while I had no DNS and they'll continue to do it while I have DNS entries.

Now, as far as the DNS entry in my server, it's on an internal network that can't be accessed from the outside world (*makes small scarifices to the gods of masquerading*) so there.

* NullDevice kicks the server. "Floggings will continue until processing power improves!"
-----------------------------------
"That was black magic, and it was easy to use. Easy and fun. Like Legos." -- Harry Dresden
-----------------------------------
That's what playing Ragnarok Online taught me: There's no problem in the universe that can't be resolved by the proper application of daggers to faces.
Tier
posted 09-04-2002 12:04:00 PM
quote:
Random Insanity Generator had this to say about Jimmy Carter:
(*makes small scarifices to the gods of masquerading*)

ftp khyron

Khyron
posted 09-04-2002 12:05:28 PM
Okay then, how about 'I just didn't like it', RIG?

I don't find the address offensive. Just dumb as hell I'm horribly, horribly picky about names, and whichever one I pick will be after a long amount of deliberation.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: