EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: What's in a name... DARK
Palou
Lounge Lizard
posted 02-18-2002 10:12:05 PM
I've noticed a strange trend in computer game names. Any game that starts with "Dark" completely and utterly sucks!

Dark Age of Camelot
Dark Colony
Dark Earth
Dark Forces (Star Wars is crap)
Dark Reign

This really condones my general way of buying games based on the cover and title (The covers to all these also suck alot). It's late and I put this together, give me some credit! :P

Palou Sabaco
The Sexiest Lizard in Kelethin!
[Povar]
Waisztarroz
I love democracy
posted 02-18-2002 10:14:12 PM
So help me God, if you make fun of Perfect Dark...

*Growls a little*

Yes, that's right, hot live sex!
There's a raptor behind you.
Resident grammar whore.
Warning, flames imminent!
Evercrest News Network
This.... is ENN
posted 02-18-2002 10:16:44 PM
Oh, I thought you meant playing games in the dark....
NO ONE BREAKS NEWS LIKE WE DO!
Bajah
Thooooooor
posted 02-18-2002 10:17:40 PM
wtf. how'd that happen? I didn't change the display name. heheh, doh!
Pesco
Is a copyright of Peachis. Don't underestimate his pants, either.
posted 02-18-2002 10:20:14 PM
quote:
Palou had this to say about John Romero:
Dark Age of Camelot
Dark Reign

Both good games.....

King Parcelan
Chicken of the Sea
posted 02-18-2002 10:33:47 PM
I noticed that on Quellious there was a dominant "Truth" theme in many guild names.

Knights of Truth
Swords of Truth
Hammers of Truth
Harbringers of Truth

And so on...

Some guild names can get so intensely lame you scream. But then, you got really nifty ones like "Brotherhood of the Moo".

THERE was a great guild.

Soldar
I'll take two of anything, please. To go.
posted 02-18-2002 10:36:57 PM
quote:
Mr. Parcelan stumbled drunkenly to the keyboard and typed:
Some guild names can get so intensely lame you scream. But then, you got really nifty ones like "Brotherhood of the Moo".

THERE was a great guild.

We had some good guild names on Bristlebane. Not very many... but some.

"Ill Tempered Sea Bass" is the only one that comes to mind right now...

JooJooFlop
Hungry Hungry Hippo
posted 02-18-2002 11:44:26 PM
quote:
Fixer wrote this stupid crap:
Oh, I thought you meant playing games in the dark....

Tom Servo!

*squeals like a little girl!*

I don't know how to be sexy. If I catch a girl looking at me and our eyes lock, I panic and open mine wider. Then I lick my lips and rub my genitals. And mouth the words "You're dead."
Aaniele Jadedsky
Pancake
posted 02-18-2002 11:55:33 PM
we have a guild called (and I am totally serious about these) "What" and "Avatars of Disco" (although the latter is just to make fun of our super uber guild that gets Discord shortened to Disco when you inspect them...)
"A friend will help you move, a good friend will help you move a body"
Comrade Snoota
Communist
Da, Tovarisch!
posted 02-18-2002 11:58:21 PM
I don't like Star Wars, but Dark Forces owned.
You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory.
Tier the Genius™
Dark Elf Pimp
posted 02-19-2002 12:37:52 AM
Guild names?

ANKLE BITERS OF PREXUS!

DarkDragoon
Pancake
posted 02-19-2002 01:01:13 AM
Pffft, Dark is a great start for a name, its just really tough to be able to live up to it, and most games just are not uber enough to handle it =)
"What is Light without Darkness?"
"And to think I could kill every man, woman, and child here if I wanted to. The power of death is intoxicating"
Shadow Knight of Tarew Marr
Eternal Lurker of the Boards.
ArchAngel
Not a girl, never will be, no matter how much you may hear differently
posted 02-19-2002 02:58:33 AM
I see Raiders of the Lost Tavern a lot on Xegony...
"What power would hell have if those imprisoned there could not dream of heaven?" -Dream, Sandman
"When the first living thing existed, I was there waiting. When the last living thing dies, my job will be finished. I'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights, and lock the universe behind me as I leave." -Death, Sandman
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot." Dream, Sandman
Full sigpic image
Batty
Doesn't Like You. Specifically you.
posted 02-19-2002 03:00:18 AM
quote:
ArchAngel had this to say about the Spice Girls:

No no no...that's me.

Dr. Gee
Say it Loud, Say it Plowed!
posted 02-19-2002 05:38:45 AM
there used to be a guild called Dark Lords of the Muffin on Xeg
nem-x
posted 02-19-2002 05:43:54 AM
Dark Forces: Jedi Knight > you
Your logic is flawed
Rabidbunnylover
Pancake
posted 02-19-2002 06:05:56 AM
The Nuggets of Justice on Luclin, a short race only guild
Merp
Rabidbunnylover
Pancake
posted 02-19-2002 06:06:26 AM
quote:
ArchAngel had this to say about pies:

RotLT r0x0rs

Merp
Super Kagrama
ROFLELFOLOL!!!11!1 YUO CAN'T RAED MY POSTSSE!@!11
posted 02-19-2002 07:21:23 AM
While I was on Morell-Thule, I joined a guild called "Clan of Poit" run by a gnome named Brane.
i shoueld joeg threw the foreast moer offeand!!11
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 02-19-2002 07:35:25 AM
I remember a big blow up once regarding guilds. The guild in question? The Wrath of Spoolie Gee. Guild name was rejected because it had the name of an NPC in it.

holy hell was raised at that point as to why all the <insert fantasy noun> of <insert deity> clans got away with it.

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
Lashanna
noob
posted 02-19-2002 08:04:06 AM
Clan of the Burning Dog
Legion of the Littlefolk
Knives of Law (My guild is Blades of Law, Knives of Law was set up as a guild for Alts of Blades, )
Hires of Feaven was a guild on Vazaelle, briefly.

A Guild on Karana, and in the game Legends of Kesmai... "KILL"

Dad's going to kill you. Really. He is.
Sentow, Maybe
Pancake
posted 02-19-2002 08:22:11 AM
Rusty Daggers
Tolkein's Revenge
And then there were the Happy Funtime Elves...
Once more into the breach, my friends, once more. We'll close the wall with our dead. In peace, nothing so becomes a man as modesty and humility, but when the blast of war blows in our ears, then imitate the action of the tiger, summon up the blood, disguise fair nature with rage and lend the eye a terrible aspect.
Soltari Tungus
Pancake
posted 02-19-2002 08:28:25 AM
On Mith Marr there were "The Tree Huggers of Norrath" and my guild, which doesn't have a funny name, but it's still the R()><()R "Knights of the Myst."
You would do well to fear a dragon's wrath. You would do better to fear a woman's.
Steven Steve
posted 02-19-2002 08:32:08 AM
Perfect Dark wasn't THAT good, I mean jeez
"Absolutely NOTHING [will stop me from buying Diablo III]. I will buy it regardless of what they do."
- Grawbad, Battle.net forums

"Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I am with you. I'll buy it for sure, it's just a matter of for how long I will be playing it..."
- Silvast, Battle.net forums

Mog
not really a mmembe rof tis boered
posted 02-19-2002 08:43:51 AM
on quelious we had a guild called tiny steel fists, to enter you have to be a small race and i swear, every single one of them was a damn begger

Regret calamities if you can thereby help the sufferer; if not, attend to your own work and allready the evil begins to be repaired
- Self Rreliance
Palador ChibiDragon
Dismembered
posted 02-19-2002 10:26:23 AM
The guild I'm in is called the Universal Brotherhood.

It's kinda depressing how few people get the joke. Not many ShadowRun fans out there, I guess.

I believe in the existance of magic, not because I have seen proof of its existance, but because I refuse to live in a world where it does not exist.
Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 02-19-2002 10:27:57 AM
Bunnies of Chaos.

Try to beat that name, you can't.

"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
KaLourin
Illanae's Stooge!
posted 02-19-2002 10:55:42 AM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Palador ChibiDragon was all like:
The guild I'm in is called the Universal Brotherhood.

It's kinda depressing how few people get the joke. Not many ShadowRun fans out there, I guess.

keep you and yer god damned insect spirits away from me. I've got a Raid insect spray focus and the karma to bond to it!!

SR rocks 'nuff said.

Damn Mog.. i keep forgetting you are on Quell. I remember TSF, buncha beggers.. Kinda like Hell's Highwaymen.

Dont make me slap you so hard your bucket spins around, and around,and stops sideways,thus confusing you, and making you run about London wearing your bucket, a g-string, and carrying a stick,smacking the ground while yelling "MAGICALLY DELICIOUS! MAGICALLY FUCKING DELICIOUS!"- {Tal} to Mortious
Hebrew 9:3- 'And the Lord said unto me, "Dude, there isn't a K in covenant."' - Snoota

This beer drops trou and fucks your mouth with pure hoppy goodness. - Karnaj
All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: