EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: I feel like I just got kicked in the nuts.
Il Buono
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend.
posted 11-13-2001 03:52:00 PM
I'm sitting in my room, reading a book. (Fine, the second Harry Potter, since someone'll bug me. It's an agreement between myself and my sister. But that's another story.)
Anyways. It was around 6:00, I was getting a little tired of reading, so I turned on the TV. DBZ was on, and I couldn't find the remote, so I watched it.

What the hell have I missed? I've watched maybe two of these newer episodes, and they were kinda dull. This one had Vegeta getting his ass kicked, and caring about other people. This was fairly weird to see. Kind of like John Stewart crying while making that speach about Sept. 11th.

What's goin on?

"Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig."
Mortious
Gluttonous Overlard
posted 11-13-2001 03:57:00 PM
You watched DBZ...

Mortious stuffs Dem into a meat grinder.

Say you hated it, or I'll switch this baby on high.

Alleria Qui'farush
Chica!
posted 11-13-2001 03:58:00 PM
Looks at the title and ignores the post.

Ouch?

Ruvie's Alt
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
posted 11-13-2001 04:00:00 PM
What a coincidence, I feel like I've been kicked in the nuts all the time.

Believe me, it's hell.

Il Buono
posted 11-13-2001 04:00:00 PM
quote:
We were all impressed when Mortious Shadowstalker wrote:
You watched DBZ...

Mortious stuffs Dem into a meat grinder.

Say you hated it, or I'll switch this baby on high.

quote:
they were kinda dull.

Happy?

Karnaj
Road Warrior Queef
posted 11-13-2001 04:05:00 PM
quote:
Demitri had this to say about pies:

What's goin on?

You MUST get the DVDs when they release them. The Majin Vegeta episodes, as they are called, are widely regarded as the best in the entire series. The heightened emotional states make it border on mainstream anime as far as its delivery is concerned.

So yeah, you've missed quite a bit. Be sure to catch it when it's re-run.

That's the American Dream: to make your life into something you can sell. - Chuck Palahniuk, Haunted

Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite. - John Kenneth Galbraith

Beer.

Il Buono
posted 11-13-2001 04:10:00 PM
quote:
Karnaj had this to say about (_|_):
The heightened emotional states make it border on mainstream anime as far as its delivery is concerned.

That's why I feel like I've been kicked in the nuts. He's always been such a bitter hardass, now he's hugging his kid.

Murdoc Halfshadow
Was once named Bob
posted 11-13-2001 04:12:00 PM
Hmm... I could torment Mortious and provide useful information to Demitri at the same time... but should I?

YES!

Vegita has a son. He already beat Goku in a fight, by tricking Goku into lowering his guard. Meanwhile, there's a very ub3r infantile pink bubble of a creature that clobbered the teenage Gohan, killed Kai (a pink version of Piccolo), ate the demon lord, and is now having a REALLY big battle with Vegita (who ate a senzu bean after backstabbing Goku, but is now all beaten up again). Trunks (Vegeta's son) and Goten (Gohan's little brother) just saved Vegeta momentarily. Now Vegeta's (finally) getting his priorities in order.

I may have gotten some minor details wrong, but it's just as likely someone will correct them in the near future (since Mortious' wrath is now thoroughly diverted).

RP CHARACTER
Il Buono
posted 11-13-2001 04:14:00 PM
quote:
Ford Prefect had this to say about Robocop:
Vegita has a son. He already beat Goku in a fight, by tricking Goku into lowering his guard. Meanwhile, there's a very ub3r infantile pink bubble of a creature that clobbered the teenage Gohan, killed Kai (a pink version of Piccolo), ate the demon lord, and is now having a REALLY big battle with Vegita (who ate a senzu bean after backstabbing Goku, but is now all beaten up again). Trunks (Vegeta's son) and Goten (Gohan's little brother) just saved Vegeta momentarily. Now Vegeta's (finally) getting his priorities in order.

I knew most of that, from the C.. C.. Cell (ugh) episodes I saw, and from random 5-minute viewings over the last coupla weeks.

Murdoc Halfshadow
Was once named Bob
posted 11-13-2001 04:14:00 PM
Oh, almost forgot. (*disables the meat grinder by short-circuiting it across Mortious' armor*)
RP CHARACTER
Olethros et Teleute
Everyone's favorite seven foot tall, orc-hating, bad-ass barbarian babe!
posted 11-13-2001 04:18:00 PM
Here's this tells all :
http://www.dragonball-gt.com/unrivaled/index.htm

And for those of you curious to know what happens AFTER all this, Telemundo shows DragonBall GT at 8:30am on Saturdays. Enjoy !

Murdoc Halfshadow
Was once named Bob
posted 11-13-2001 04:31:00 PM
quote:
Olethros et Teleute wrote this stupid crap:
And for those of you curious to know what happens AFTER all this, Telemundo shows DragonBall GT at 8:30am on Saturdays. Enjoy !
Gah! It's in Spanish! It's just... not... right!
RP CHARACTER
Falaanla Marr
I AM HOT CHIX
posted 11-13-2001 06:41:00 PM
my brother called me today and told me to watch DBZ. heh.

I turned it on, and didnt understand a bit of it. That show is damn confusing. Its like they stand there for 15 minutes staring each other down then they throw fireballs for 10 episodes or something

Lenlalron Flameblaster
posted 11-13-2001 06:50:00 PM
Yeah, from what happened to Veg, I'm pissed off. The only reason I liked DBZ was for Vegeta. He was cool.
Grammar is your enemy! - While being able to understand someone's sentences might seem like a good idea for a proper essay, complaining on a forum scarcely leaves time for such trivialities. Write fast! You're angry, grrr! Make that show, and forget about things like capital letters, punctuation, and verbs.
Aaron (the good one)
posted 11-13-2001 07:00:00 PM
Delidgamond kicks Demitri in the nuts
Galbadia Hotel - Video Game Music
I am Canadian and I hate The Tragically Hip
LordVladdDracul

posted 11-13-2001 07:05:00 PM
quote:
Demitri had this to say about Punky Brewster:
I'm sitting in my room, reading a book. (Fine, the second Harry Potter, since someone'll bug me. It's an agreement between myself and my sister. But that's another story.)
Anyways. It was around 6:00, I was getting a little tired of reading, so I turned on the TV. DBZ was on, and I couldn't find the remote, so I watched it.

What the hell have I missed? I've watched maybe two of these newer episodes, and they were kinda dull. This one had Vegeta getting his ass kicked, and caring about other people. This was fairly weird to see. Kind of like John Stewart crying while making that speach about Sept. 11th.

What's goin on?

I began watching rescently, its accually really cool now. Gohan's all growed up and Trunks is little and Goten is Gokus son and Vegeta is possessed and has super powers, and he like killed Goku in one hit. Wowie!

I plot revenge on you as we speak...

Malbi
posted 11-13-2001 07:06:00 PM
Im still in shock somebody actually started a thread about DBZ, note this isnt a jab at either DBZ or the posters just I never expected this sort of thread to occur.
I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Il Buono
posted 11-13-2001 07:14:00 PM
quote:
Check out the big brain on Malbi!
Im still in shock somebody actually started a thread about DBZ, note this isnt a jab at either DBZ or the posters just I never expected this sort of thread to occur.

I'm not normal like dat.

Malbi
posted 11-13-2001 07:16:00 PM
like anyone here really thinks their normal, myself included
I Didnt ask to be Secretary of Balloon Doggies, the Balloon Doggies demanded it!
Freschel Spindrift
Caucasian
posted 11-13-2001 07:43:00 PM
The Buu saga is much more better then the Vegetta / Freza / Garlic Jr (forgive for my spelling errors) saga. the andriods were ok, but the cell saga, that's where it get a little interesting.

[ 11-13-2001: Message edited by: Freschel Spindrift ]

Who's that crazy kook that's destroying the world. It's Zorc (That's me) It's Zorc and Pals.
Bakura: Did you forget our anniversary, again? (laughter)
Zorc: Yes, I was busy destroying the world (laughter) Slaughtering millions. (Laughter)
Bakura: That's my Zorc.
The blood of the innocents will flow without end. His name is Zorc, and he's destroying the world.
Il Buono
posted 11-13-2001 08:20:00 PM
quote:
Olethros et Teleute had this to say about Punky Brewster:
http://www.dragonball-gt.com/unrivaled/index.htm

The message boards on that site frighten, horrify, and confuse me.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: