EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Players Wanted!
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 12-24-2003 09:54:14 AM
As some of you know, I have been running a D&D game for the past two years, over on the AD&D section of Evercrest. Over the past year, several players have left, either due to lost 'net access, lost interest, or a complete and total lack of free time on their part. So once again, it's time to find some fresh victims - er, participants.

If anyone's interested, I will accept character applications by email ( yabathewhat@lycos.com ), or in a private message. All finished submissions should include a character sheet, history, and a brief outline of your character's personality. Look here for background information, playable races, and custom rules. Feel free to PM me if you have questions, or ask general questions here.

[ 12-24-2003: Message edited by: Ford Prefect ]

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Suddar
posted 12-24-2003 01:45:26 PM
Bump because I have nothing better to do.

I'd play but last time I tried to get in on a game I realized just how little free time I really have.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 12-24-2003 01:51:01 PM
What setting?
Alaan
posted 12-24-2003 01:58:55 PM
And is it 3E despite the forum name being AD&D?
`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 12-24-2003 02:25:07 PM
Alaan: Despite the board name, my 3rd edition game is using 3rd edition. Drysart never renamed the place since its original creation on Hireko's behalf, and I see no reason to complain

Sakkra: The world is a custom design, not a particular prefabricated setting. But if you're going to ask, "Can I be a half-dragon quarter-elemental quarter-drow?" then the answer is no

Suddar: Is it a lack of free time, or a lack of schedulable free time?

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

Sakkra
Office Linebacker
posted 12-24-2003 03:00:13 PM
quote:
Ford Prefect attempted to be funny by writing:

Sakkra: The world is a custom design, not a particular prefabricated setting. But if you're going to ask, "Can I be a half-dragon quarter-elemental quarter-drow?" then the answer is no

What about my half-god half-dragon ninja with an amulett that gives me all feats? Cuz my old DM let me do that and if you don't u suck.

Katrinity
Cookie Goddess!
posted 12-24-2003 03:01:21 PM
I recently got a request to play on a play by message board game I run from a person who wants to play a Drow Monk/Ninja...

How more munchkin can you get?

Cookie Goddess Supreme
Furry Kitsune of Power!
Pouncer of the 12th degree!
"Cxularath ftombn gonoragh pv'iornw hqxoxon targh!"
Translated: "Sell your soul for a cookie?"
Callalron
Hires people with hooks
posted 12-24-2003 03:56:58 PM
I dunno. Were his parents killed by orcs?
Callalron
"When mankind finally discovers the center of the universe, a lot of people are going to be upset that it isn't them."
"If you give a man a fish he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish he'll just go out and buy an ugly hat. But if you talk to a starving man about fish, then you've become a consultant."--Dogbert
Arvek, 41 Bounty Hunter
Vrook Lamar server
Suddar
posted 12-24-2003 03:58:49 PM
quote:
And I was all like 'Oh yeah?' and Ford Prefect was all like:
Suddar: Is it a lack of free time, or a lack of schedulable free time?

A bit from column A, a bit from column B.

Thing is, board games are (or at least used to be) a bit of a mess. That's my reasoning, mainly. I could try if you're in a real need of players, though. I'd just feel bad if I ended up having no time.

Ruvie's Alt
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
posted 12-24-2003 08:36:17 PM
Argh...

I've been trying to think of a character to play, and I think I got the personality down. There's only one problem, though.

I can't think of a name or history. And for some reason, when it comes to characters, those are always the hardest parts to think up.

Jargum
Doughnut
posted 12-24-2003 08:41:35 PM
I'd play if I could put together a character. I'm the opposite of Ruv, I can think up name and history, but the actual putting together of the character is what gets me.
Demos
Pancake
posted 12-24-2003 10:49:17 PM
I'm up for it; I'll submit a character...or two
"Jesus saves, Buddha enlightens, Cthulhu thinks you'll make a nice sandwich."
Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 12-28-2003 01:25:56 AM
I'm up for it as well. I'll roll up a character shortly.

Ozius

Lagger z3r0
Pancake
posted 12-28-2003 04:48:48 PM
Can You Email Me Will Some Info???

Dark@louish.com

Plz

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: