EverCrest Message Forums
You are not logged in. Login or Register.
Author
Topic: Oh...fuck no. The D&D Campaign is cancelled.
G.S. Waisztarroz
Pancake
posted 07-31-2002 11:52:01 PM
quote:
FrankTheWrym: We have some trouble
Waisztarroz: ?
FrankTheWrym: D&D papers are missing
FrankTheWrym: I cannot find them
Waisztarroz: D'oh
FrankTheWrym: I'm pretty worried
Waisztarroz: Where were they last?
FrankTheWrym: Infront of my computer
FrankTheWrym: Now they are gone
Waisztarroz: ...
Waisztarroz: Do you have a fan on or something?
FrankTheWrym: These are our campaign notes
FrankTheWrym: No
Waisztarroz: People who go through your room?>
FrankTheWrym: BRBR
FrankTheWrym: BRB*
FrankTheWrym: I got the papers back
FrankTheWrym: Bad news though
Waisztarroz: Oh no
FrankTheWrym: I will fucking KILL MY COUSIN!
FrankTheWrym: That bitch!
Waisztarroz: =(
FrankTheWrym: FUCKING CHRIST
Waisztarroz: I'm afraid to ask
FrankTheWrym: Campaigns over
Waisztarroz: Yet...morbid curiosity
FrankTheWrym: That's it
Waisztarroz: What...what happened?
Waisztarroz: If it's bad, you don't have to tell
FrankTheWrym: The papers are ripped
Waisztarroz: Grr
FrankTheWrym: And were soaked in something
FrankTheWrym: Water, maybe soda
FrankTheWrym: This fucking sucks
Waisztarroz: Is your cousin retarded?
Waisztarroz: I'm thinking yes
FrankTheWrym: I dunno
FrankTheWrym: She was sorta upset today
FrankTheWrym: But she's dead now
FrankTheWrym: Or will be
Waisztarroz: I have to wonder WTF she was thinking
Waisztarroz: Is it okay if I post this conversation?
FrankTheWrym: Sure
FrankTheWrym: I'm feeling even more sick then before
Waisztarroz: =\

It's not a question of whether his cousin is stupid, it's a question of how stupid.

[ 07-31-2002: Message edited by: G.S. Waisztarroz ]

Tegadil
Queen of the Smoofs
posted 07-31-2002 11:52:58 PM
Verily.
Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 07-31-2002 11:54:18 PM
I should have put the papers away. I'm really sorry guys.

If it's any help, I will make sure my mother and her mother know about how she and her boyfriend fool around in the basement.

Bitch.

Cthulhu

G.S. Waisztarroz
Pancake
posted 07-31-2002 11:58:18 PM
Most people don't have to fear that they'll be dealing with strong forces of stupidity.
Razor
posted 07-31-2002 11:59:14 PM
/me grins evilly
Astronomy is a passion...
Engineering is a love...
My job isn't a job, it's my career, and I love every minute of it: Observatory Superintendent
Ruvie's Alt
Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
posted 08-01-2002 12:03:06 AM
Time for killing!
Vise the Stompy
Title now 100% ass free!
posted 08-01-2002 12:09:07 AM
*Breaks down Crying*
Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 08-01-2002 12:11:43 AM
quote:
Everyone wondered WTF when Razor wrote:
/me grins evilly

AS OPPOSED TO THIS BEING FUNNY OR WONDERFUL, IT IS NOT.

Although, I apperciate your attempt at a pihty emote. Well done.

No. I appologize. I shouldn't yell at you. I'm sorry. I'm mad at my cousin. I, again, appologize but I need to release this anger.

Cthulhu

Fizodeth
an unflattering title
posted 08-01-2002 12:12:24 AM
can I be your hitman? I was just about done with my charecter sheet. Ill do it for free, and use my own hammer.
Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 08-01-2002 12:27:51 AM
Murdoc is gonna flip..

Cthulhu

Elvish Crack Piper
Murder is justified so long as people believe in something different than you do
posted 08-01-2002 12:34:39 AM
I take it they were some insanely long story elements that you cant just recreate right?
(Insert Funny Phrase Here)
Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 08-01-2002 12:47:53 AM
Aye.

Cthulhu

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 08-01-2002 08:44:04 AM
quote:
This insanity brought to you by Cthulhu:
Murdoc is gonna flip..

Cthulhu

I already flipped once this week. Auto dealer wasted 6 hours of my life in their dealership, plus the 6-10 hours I'd spent getting insurance and a loan, plus the 5 weeks I'd been waiting for them to get the car in to begin with.

Are they still readable? If so, I can teach you the art of the paperless D&D game. If not, I can still teach you the art of the paperless D&D game, but it'll mean a delay of a few weeks before we resume so you can get everything together.

I'll start with a few simple pointers:
>> Notepad is good for all character sheets, lists, and quick notes. You can have 50 notepad files open at once without overwhelming your computer (though I rarely go above 4 or 5).
>> You can make simple dungeon maps in an art program, such as MS Paint. If you have Adobe Photoshop or some other program that allowes multilayered art, you can build more complex dungeons, and even have little moveable tokens to use for the PC's.
>> Keep a directory with all your saved files. Use this same directory (or a folder therein) to store the game logs, important discussions with players, etc.
>> If possible, back up the files every so often to a secondary location, like a different harddrive, a CDR, or your parents' computer if they let you. If you prefer working on paper, you could even use printouts as a backup.
>> Set your screen resolution to at least 1024x768 come game time. Make extensive use of small windows, placed for convenience around your screen. For example, I keep IRC in the upper left taking 1/3 of my screen height and 2/3 of its width. Notepad files, including my character sheet and earlier game logs, are placed overlapping each other in the lower right. In the lower left, I open an art program with a picture of my character. The upper right is reserved for chat windows, WinAmp, and other small utilities. The more screen space you have, the more you can view at once.

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 08-01-2002 09:20:40 AM
Additional notes:

If you haven't already disposed of the pages, you can press each page between two paper towels. Stack the pages, and put a book on top of the lot to flatten them. Set this up on a countertop or other flat exposed surface. Leave overnight. By morning, the papers will be flat, dry, and should be readable enough to transcribe into your computer. This method works better if you used pencil than pen, but will work to an extent with pen as well.

If you can't exactly reproduce everything, we as your players will not know. The only things that would need to remain unchanged are the things we have already seen, i.e. the magic academy, the tavern we all met in, the chess board, and the house of ill repute.

If you would rather start over (and I'm hoping this setback hasn't turned you forever against running a D&D game), have a look at the campaign Bajah ran a while back on the D&D board ("Welcome to Limbo"). It's an extremely versatile campaign setting. You could even discuss it with Bajah, as he might have an interest in working with you on its development. Actually, I'd advise at least reading the logs from that campaign (it didn't go very far, there's 14 pages total) whether you like the premise behind it or not.

Base eight is just like base ten, really... if you're missing two fingers. - Tom Lehrer
There are people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I hate people like that! - Tom Lehrer
I want to be a race car passenger; just a guy who bugs the driver. "Say man, can I turn on the radio? You should slow down. Why do we gotta keep going in circles? Can I put my feet out the window? Man, you really like Tide..." - Mitch Hedberg
Please keep your arms, legs, heads, tails, tentacles, pseudopods, wings, and/or other limb-like structures inside the ride at all times.
Please submit all questions, inquests, and/or inquiries, in triplicate, to the Department of Redundancy Department, Division for the Management of Division Management Divisions.

`Doc
Cold in an Alley
posted 08-01-2002 09:24:22 AM
Have I flipped yet?

Ozimander
$$$$$$$$$$$
posted 08-01-2002 11:50:38 AM
I lost a month of work. There is no way I can get it back. The papers are ruined. They're gone. So is the campaign. I don't have the will to start over again. Now, I look at my D&D books and I feel sorta confused and powerless. I mean, not staggeringly so, in the sense that I want to die, but enough that it makes me not very fond of D&D.

There's no way.

I'm sorry.

Cthulhu

[ 08-01-2002: Message edited by: Cthulhu ]

G.S. Waisztarroz
Pancake
posted 08-01-2002 02:44:17 PM
If I ever find where your cousin lives, Cthulhu, I will stab her good.

No, really, I will.

All times are US/Eastern
Hop To: